Last two matches - white kit against Blackpool, maroon kit against Reading.

I don't like alternative kits as a rule anyway, but to play two different kits in consecutive matches is daft imo. How can it help players to play in different colours like that? It is never going to help consistency. 

Watching the last two matches does little to help fans connection with the team either - yes....I know we are probably contracted to play the different kits, but that in itself is daft imo.  Imo it should be yellow and green EVERY match unless there is a genuine colour clash, which there rarely is.  The yellow and green identifies us - is part of our dna - and any alternative kit is bound to be dull in comparison (unless it is bright orange or something, but that would be another story) and it must be easier to play if you keep the same colours week in week out too.

Norwich. Canaries. Green and Yellow. Nuff said.

• Like 3

This sounds like Alex Ferguson blaming the grey Man United away kit for losing against Southampton.

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 1

I miss the good ol' days where you'd always play in your 1st kit unless there was a kit clash, the way it should be!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

You know what, it is of course a daft excuse for a poor performance, but I'd also totally agree with AJ, yellow and green unless a clash dictates otherwise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I don't like alternative kits as a rule anyway, but to play two different kits in consecutive matches is daft imo. How can it help players to play in different colours like that? It is never going to help consistency. 

Watching the last two matches does little to help fans connection with the team either - yes....I know we are probably contracted to play the different kits, but that in itself is daft imo.  Imo it should be yellow and green EVERY match unless there is a genuine colour clash, which there rarely is.  The yellow and green identifies us - is part of our dna - and any alternative kit is bound to be dull in comparison (unless it is bright orange or something, but that would be another story) and it must be easier to play if you keep the same colours week in week out too.

It’s all about the ££££.

If people are shelling out c£50 for a second or third shirt colour it’d be a little disappointing if the team don’t wear them at least a few times a season

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

So, changing colours confuses them? It's just too much for them to handle in life?

Must be a nightmare when they encounter traffic lights....

"Hang on, that light was green a second ago, but now it's different....duh"

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I suppose you can reverse the argument and say that if we don't play in green and yellow it's more difficult for the opposition to spot our players 🤔

The reality is the players spend more time in the training kit which is grey?

Oh wait this is serious, thought it was a joke. 

Grow up!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

This sounds like Alex Ferguson blaming the grey Man United away kit for losing against Southampton.

Well he had a point.  Much easier to pick out teamates if they are in a bright colour, which our yellow shirts are.  All the more reason to stick with the main kit unless there is a real clash.

• Like 1

Pedantically, last three matches - yellow n green against WBA, white v Blackpool, Maroon v Reading. Yellow n Green v Preston it will be another change of kit. 😵💫

6 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Except we didn’t lose!!

Hull, Blackpool and Watford in the same division means we have more enforced changes than normal. Some seasons we wouldn't even have needed an away kit

Players are so well lit it doesn’t matter what kit they use. Different kits has literally been a thing for decades. No one cares. Not one player is thinking ‘if only I was in yellow and green I would never have missed that pass’. 

Range of kits provide revenue, interests the next generation of fans and the press we’ve received for our kits this year have arguably expanded our ‘brand’. Plus the red one looks good imo. This is just the ramblings of a grumpy old man  😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

So, changing colours confuses them? It's just too much for them to handle in life?

Must be a nightmare when they encounter traffic lights....

"Hang on, that light was green a second ago, but now it's different....duh"

Probably not the best analogy, as it would have

'hang about I thought green was go, it is amber now, or is green stop and red prepare to stop, or is that only on a Weds afternoon, when it changes back to red for go, and Green for go as well if there is an r in the day.......'

I would be curious to know how much the club gets out of these supposed shirt sales, as I have yet to see one single maroon or white shirt worn by any supporter, anywhere.

I'm 100% with Lakey here. It's what Webber has referred to as fine margins or something like that. Yellow is a very visible color and yes it can make a difference for our players to know where their team members are. In addition to that, it's our brand, and as a supporter I want to see the team play in yellow and green whenever possible, not dog puke off white or even the rather nice maroon to be honest. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

I'm 100% with Lakey here. It's what Webber has referred to as fine margins or something like that. Yellow is a very visible color and yes it can make a difference for our players to know where their team members are. In addition to that, it's our brand, and as a supporter I want to see the team play in yellow and green whenever possible, not dog puke off white or even the rather nice maroon to be honest. 

Exactly. Fine margins.

From a fan perspective, if you ran a poll asking would you like to see the team in yellow and green all the time or have two other kits as well, I would think that it would be a large majority in favour of just having the yellow and green, except for a real clash. An extra kit is fine for the odd occasion, but really, having that third kit is a bit of a p*ss take. No need for three kits at all.

This is only a kick in the a*se away from the beverage container outrage. When you have the best set of kits in the League, why not show them off? 😎

Apples

• Like 1

Because NCFC is a football team and it’s core mission is to be successful on the pitch and grow its fan base. Second and third kits are a distraction from those goals. If you want to make some money for the club you could do that with some NCFC branded fashion wear.   

So as to change strip. Should be one criteria only. Does the color scheme chosen avoid a color clash with the teams we intend to use it for. The maroon actually does, but so would white with green stripes like our primary kit. 

On 05/10/2022 at 12:56, lake district canary said:

Yes?

On 05/10/2022 at 13:13, AJ said:

I miss the good ol' days where you'd always play in your 1st kit unless there was a kit clash, the way it should be!

Agreed, there about 8 clubs in the Football League that would be in the clash criterion.

Watford is the only one in our league!

The commercial reality is we have second and third kits and are required to wear them x number of times. I really don't think you can accuse them of diluting, or distracting from, the image of the club (the new badge has obviously done that already 🤣) so why not make as much profile/income from them as possible (certainly better than some crappy polo or T-shirt, which will be white/black/grey and not yellow and green anyway)?

Now don't get me started on these coloured boots...football boots should only be black and white...and what are they doing with their socks these days, cutting them up so they don't match? 🤣

Apples

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Exactly. Fine margins.

From a fan perspective, if you ran a poll asking would you like to see the team in yellow and green all the time or have two other kits as well, I would think that it would be a large majority in favour of just having the yellow and green, except for a real clash. An extra kit is fine for the odd occasion, but really, having that third kit is a bit of a p*ss take. No need for three kits at all.

Least worthwhile poll ever. 

You seriously think fine margins and the yellow only kit will make the slightest difference to results? Do Man City worry about playing at home on a nice day in case their players misplace a pass into the clear blue sky? 

if this is an argument then surely NCFC should only ever play on luminous Yellow and Green with an away kit of luminous orange. Got to get those fine margins! Imagine the results of a poll on this would probably be just as pointless.

It’s just a different shirt colour, it doesn’t take away our identity as a club known for yellow and green  just like any side. The away kit and third kit reveals generate a good positive buzz too, which gets people all excited about the season to come. Where is the actual harm in the extra kits? 

Singing ‘come on you yellows’ when we’re playing in a different colour always makes me chuckle a little (I know, I’m odd). Krul was in yellow so he must’ve felt very supported for all our corners, at the other end of the pitch. 😉

Don’t even get me started on “One shirt, one football team. Two colours, yellow and green…” This one could get tricky!!