Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Smith’s half time talk

5 hours ago, corbs said:

Oddly and perhaps rather indulgently I’m enjoying the new emerging fault lines and squabbling. For years I’ve been an out and out supporter of our club hierarchy. It’s quite cathartic to be more in the sceptical camp about performance currently. My instincts don’t change, I support the Board / Smith an Jones, and their choice of manager. 

interesting that (temporarily) the Delia out voices are quiet. Also the Webber out voices are quieter. Personally I welcome this while it lasts. There is almost something old fashioned and wholesome about arguments about the manager and the football. Long may it continue, but please don’t take my ‘ happy clapper” label away. 

Whatever you’re having I don’t want it.

4 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

Check my earlier posts in this thread for my opinion - I'm probably the most Smith out person on here.

But today, we've not deserved to lose that. There's definitely promise with the diamond; you could see what we're trying to achieve and how we were going about it. Individual errors are naff but can't be helped really; every player is going to make an individual error that costs us either a goal or a missed opportunity throughout a season. We've been worse. Try the diamond again with a few tweaks; Cantwell and Sara for Ramsey and McLean (then McLean for Byram at full back in my opinion). Feeling positive, bizarrely.

First 25 were good then we fizzled out like a cheap sparkler.

(Coventry, Bristol) 

The best sequences of play we had were when we were chasing 2-1.
Someone (Smith) has attached an invisible weight around Max;s ankle and he appears to get a nose bleed if he crosses the half way line.

We can blame the ref all we like and the crap Preston players rolling about.
But why when we are needing to take the game to the opponent do we bring on Dowell and Sinani (invisible) and bring on Argos at 80 mins. This IS Smith's fault. (Although i will add Farke couldn't use a substitute to save his life either)  The game was screaming for Argos at around the 60th minute.

However I feel on a positive (yes a positive) Kenny has found his true calling as a left back, he honestly played fantastic in the second half. 

Smith has a long long long way to go. I dont like his style of play and I dont have the faith in him to get the players playing, get us up ( we have had our share of luck this season which we dont usually get) or keep us up.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

I'm neither convinced or unconvinced about Smith. He's got the results so far this season and the players certainly seem to be playing for him. 

There's plenty of noise about what posters see as his failings compared to Farke but none about things we do better. We are certainly better on set pieces at both ends. And I know that's right because the serial whingers haven't mentioned it like they did every week under Farke. I think the intention is to make us harder to beat but then today I thought we beat ourselves.

While we are playing reasonably well and picking up points like we are doing Smith will not be sacked. And neither should he be.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Defend that result then you idiots 🤣😂

Aah so now it's a Results based business again. Cool. Just. so we know 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 04/10/2022 at 23:28, hogesar said:

Again. Farkes last title season, around the same time of year, we had a 0-0 draw at home to Millwall, a 1-0 win away to Boro thanks only to a pen, a 1-1 draw at home to Coventry again thanks to a pen, and a 3-1 loss away to Luton.

If anything needs changing its the weird few fans who seem to have some real delusions of grandeur about the club right now. Some of you should really go see what you were saying during some of these times...

Absolutely the cohesion through till around November was poor. Not too many areas were showing superiority in this division. It clicked but it was very clunky.

Hopefully Hayden can bring some balance in. I want us to go up and want us to show our style so we can then add some real quality to help with hopefully one or two areas not across the whole team. But it feels like we would need too, with few showing that they are the best in the championship in their position or that they are prem quality (exception bring Pukki)

Nunez and Sara need to settle but we need the players to step up.

Gibby and Byram certainly are not in this bracket but it would be great to see players levels rise at thus point.

This is an important stretch and then after Christmas every team will need to find form again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Aah so now it's a Results based business again. Cool. Just. so we know

I do enjoy the ignorance of this board at times, like people are just repressing the truth and then being snarky because deep down they know the outers are correct.

For the sake of progress and the plethora of stupid -

We played brilliantly for 25 minutes then got out passed and looked devoid of any thought on the pitch until we went down to 2-1 and suddenly chased the game (now that was entertaining)

We seem to have handcuffed the team which is down to one or two things (not sure which but you can guess my view)

1) poor intelligence from players and a general regression of intelligence from guys who have been here for years (max, krull, Hanley, Kenny)

2) the team is yet to gel. Nunez started the season well and is fading, Sara had a good one yesterday but a tad average, sergeant however is like a new player!

3) poor management who do not really know what they want and can not communicate their thoughts to the team.

Why is it we can play fantastic football then be **** for large portions of the game.

We did similar under farke but with luck against us we out played other teams, under Smith luck is with us and we are playing poorly.

So if you want to come back with anything to do with results or haven't bothered reading (if you don't understand ask a friend) then frankly your as dumb as you come across.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I do enjoy the ignorance of this board at times, like people are just repressing the truth and then being snarky because deep down they know the outers are correct.

For the sake of progress and the plethora of stupid -

We played brilliantly for 25 minutes then got out passed and looked devoid of any thought on the pitch until we went down to 2-1 and suddenly chased the game (now that was entertaining)

We seem to have handcuffed the team which is down to one or two things (not sure which but you can guess my view)

1) poor intelligence from players and a general regression of intelligence from guys who have been here for years (max, krull, Hanley, Kenny)

2) the team is yet to gel. Nunez started the season well and is fading, Sara had a good one yesterday but a tad average, sergeant however is like a new player!

3) poor management who do not really know what they want and can not communicate their thoughts to the team.

Why is it we can play fantastic football then be **** for large portions of the game.

We did similar under farke but with luck against us we out played other teams, under Smith luck is with us and we are playing poorly.

So if you want to come back with anything to do with results or haven't bothered reading (if you don't understand ask a friend) then frankly your as dumb as you come across.

OOO you are rude aren't you. Are you shorter than average? I found it very entertaining, just not the outcome I wanted, wasn't bored for a minute . If this becomes a trend, I'll be worried. Just as one swallow does not a summer make, nor does one raindrop make a flood. 

Style, substance , perceptions , bias.? ... You're the clever one. You tell me. 🖕

30 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

OOO you are rude aren't you. Are you shorter than average? I found it very entertaining, just not the outcome I wanted, wasn't bored for a minute . If this becomes a trend, I'll be worried. Just as one swallow does not a summer make, nor does one raindrop make a flood. 

Style, substance , perceptions , bias.? ... You're the clever one. You tell me. 🖕

Nope just fed up with people who can't see the forest through the trees.

All you have done is totally vindicated my post entirely by not reading what I said and attempted what you saw as  a witty retort. (Re read the bit about being snarky)

Truth hurts doesn't it?

thanks for accidental up vote.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Nope just fed up with people who can't see the forest through the trees.

All you have done is totally vindicated my post entirely by not reading what I said and attempted a witty repose.

thanks for accidental up vote.

No problem, as I merely posed a question in my original post . Your perception of my bias, has style but no substance . 😇 Good luck arguing with yourself and being both right and wrong in your own opinion. 

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

No problem, as I merely posed a question in my original post . Your perception of my bias, has style but no substance . 😇 Good luck arguing with yourself and being both right and wrong in your own opinion. 

Good luck in your GCSEs no free points this year, probably lower your chances.

• Thanks 1