Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Smith’s half time talk

Doing great lads, love the passing round the back four, just to let you know we are the ones in the red especially you Kenny, please stop crossing the half way line, we haven’t practiced that.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sack a manager after a draw against the team in 3rd away from home whle being 8 unbeaten 😂

Bigger picture.

Saw somewhere that Villa fans feel like Smith is on loan to us while they get the gusto to fire the scouse whiner Stevie G.
So a kind msg to Villa.

HURRY TFU RECALL THE LOAN PLEASE!!

42 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Bigger picture.

Is something someone would say if it was in any way relevant. Some PinkUn armchair fans might complain that we aren't scoring 3 goals a game but our points haul is very good, we have generally outperformed the opposition in all the important metrics and are only starting to get midfielders back to fitness.

49 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Bigger picture.

Is the picture a big mug of tea?

Again. Farkes last title season, around the same time of year, we had a 0-0 draw at home to Millwall, a 1-0 win away to Boro thanks only to a pen, a 1-1 draw at home to Coventry again thanks to a pen, and a 3-1 loss away to Luton.

If anything needs changing its the weird few fans who seem to have some real delusions of grandeur about the club right now. Some of you should really go see what you were saying during some of these times...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Is something someone would say if it was in any way relevant. Some PinkUn armchair fans might complain that we aren't scoring 3 goals a game but our points haul is very good, we have generally outperformed the opposition in all the important metrics and are only starting to get midfielders back to fitness.

Oh no, apparently we’ve been dominated by just about everyone and yet somehow ‘scraped’ 7 wins.  Surely if that’s the case you’d want to keep hold of the manager as he’s clearly mr lucky?!

On 04/10/2022 at 23:20, hogesar said:

I've been a season ticket holder since 2000. We all have opinions, mine is as valid as yours. Smith is a football terrorist.

On 04/10/2022 at 23:28, hogesar said:

Again. Farkes last title season, around the same time of year, we had a 0-0 draw at home to Millwall, a 1-0 win away to Boro thanks only to a pen, a 1-1 draw at home to Coventry again thanks to a pen, and a 3-1 loss away to Luton.

If anything needs changing its the weird few fans who seem to have some real delusions of grandeur about the club right now. Some of you should really go see what you were saying during some of these times...

What needs changing is the terminology. Fans ? Possible. Supporters, NEVER. These habitual whiners offer the kind of support a pair of crotchless pants offer a man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

What needs changing is the terminology. Fans ? Possible. Supporters, NEVER. These habitual whiners offer the kind of support a pair of crotchless pants offer a man.

And back around we go to the argument about plastics and true fans.

Shall I accuse you of being a happy clapper just to get all our terminology in one place?

Get the cook out?

Smith out?

Sod it let's shut the entire club and let's support Lowestoft town.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

On 04/10/2022 at 23:28, hogesar said:

I going to put in this last response because I don't think your listening to the problem.

There is not this expectation of winning each game 3-0. Or a delusion of grandeur.

There is however an expectation that we play good entertaining football which is something lacking.

I'd be fine with Smith it he showed an ounce of passion and charisma and this reflected in the way his team plays 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

I've been a season ticket holder since 2000. We all have opinions, mine is as valid as yours. Smith is a football terrorist.

what does that make Hughton? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I going to put in this last response because I don't think your listening to the problem.

There is not this expectation of winning each game 3-0. Or a delusion of grandeur.

There is however an expectation that we play good entertaining football which is something lacking.

I'd be fine with Smith it he showed an ounce of passion and charisma and this reflected in the way his team plays 

Smith shows passion from the dugout every single game. Couple of my dad's friends sit very close to the home dugout and he is just as emotionally involved, gets just as angry and vocal as Farke ever did.

You are suffering more than most from your own bias.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Im have been quite entertained. As have those around me. Your presumption is that we can kick the ball around the pitch in such a way as that entertains your sort. I wonder what the reaction would be were we to be doing whatever it is we are not doing but still be bottom. I suspect you and others would be all over this forum whining like mad.  Norwich City is a small club, despite what the 'johnny come latelys' imagine. Norwich is a small city compared to many in the PL.

Recent success has dragged in many of your sort. Those who believe we are entitled to be a PL club. Whereas others have seen us otherwise. All too frequently. The rewards for promotion are astronomical. One season in the PL can set a player up for life. Maybe that is why Onel is not riding a unicycle down the wing, Omibamidele does not burst out into a chorus of 'Oh Danny Boy' every time the ball is up the other end and K McClean does not perform a highland reel whenever possible (despite giving all the appearance of doing so 😉).  And if Lowestoft play more 'entertaining' football then why not beggar off there. You would at least be true to your 'principles there'.

So this is tonight’s thread where the Militant Smith Collective start throwing their ‘clever’ insults at those who don’t agree with them.I would suggest the mods pin it to the top of the board with a flag depicting a mug of tea, but it seems the thread has a strange buoyancy if it’s own, no doubt fuelled by the hot air emanating from those who know best 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Famous mantras from history ....

Mr Gradgrind from Dickens' "Hard Times" .........Facts,Facts,Facts !!

Anthony Blair from way back in the mists of time.......Education,Education,Education!!

Nexus Canary ............Entertainment,Entertainment,Entertainment !! 🤗

1 hour ago, astro said:

So this is tonight’s thread where the Militant Smith Collective start throwing their ‘clever’ insults at those who don’t agree with them.I would suggest the mods pin it to the top of the board with a flag depicting a mug of tea, but it seems the thread has a strange buoyancy if it’s own, no doubt fuelled by the hot air emanating from those who know best 👍

It's not actually a 'militant Smith collective'; we simply don't have a problem with him, and we think those that do in spite of things going pretty well are miserable freaks.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PockthorpePete said:

Im have been quite entertained. As have those around me. Your presumption is that we can kick the ball around the pitch in such a way as that entertains your sort. I wonder what the reaction would be were we to be doing whatever it is we are not doing but still be bottom. I suspect you and others would be all over this forum whining like mad.  Norwich City is a small club, despite what the 'johnny come latelys' imagine. Norwich is a small city compared to many in the PL.

Recent success has dragged in many of your sort. Those who believe we are entitled to be a PL club. Whereas others have seen us otherwise. All too frequently. The rewards for promotion are astronomical. One season in the PL can set a player up for life. Maybe that is why Onel is not riding a unicycle down the wing, Omibamidele does not burst out into a chorus of 'Oh Danny Boy' every time the ball is up the other end and K McClean does not perform a highland reel whenever possible (despite giving all the appearance of doing so 😉).  And if Lowestoft play more 'entertaining' football then why not beggar off there. You would at least be true to your 'principles there'.

What a witty post full of imagination and guile.

I love the part about "Johnny come latelys" and "recent success dragging in your sort"

While I was wondering at your rapier wit I couldn't help but notice you signed up to these forums in 2021. Where as I signed up in 2007. I for one am unsure of the over riding significance here but feel that perhaps my sort has been here a rather long time, where as your sort sat on their moral "it's all fantastic" horse haven't. This discrepancy would also suggest that you don't understand that Norwich have always been a passing team. Again these newbies probably don't understand that and I sympathise with you and expect your first city shirt didn't have Fleck on the back (if you even know who he is)

As for your racial profiling of Scots and Irish (quite disgusting) I will remind you we are a family club that doest not tolerate abuse.

Not sure the style of football Lowestoft are playing but the trawler boys are top of the league with 7 played and 7 wins, certainly enough to "quite entertain"  the likes of you and the neanderthal sheep that inhabit the pub your surely report to for every home game.

So to paraphrase as I probably lost you in the first sentence - stfu.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C.I.D said:

Anthony Blair from way back in the mists of time.......Education,Education,Education!!

You missed out pigfacepete " clap, clap, clap"

20 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's not actually a 'militant Smith collective'; we simply don't have a problem with him, and we think those that do in spite of things going pretty well are miserable freaks.

You could’ve waited for me to nail the wooden frame together before you put your head in the noose. Patience!

• Haha 1

Oddly and perhaps rather indulgently I’m enjoying the new emerging fault lines and squabbling. For years I’ve been an out and out supporter of our club hierarchy. It’s quite cathartic to be more in the sceptical camp about performance currently. My instincts don’t change, I support the Board / Smith an Jones, and their choice of manager. 

interesting that (temporarily) the Delia out voices are quiet. Also the Webber out voices are quieter. Personally I welcome this while it lasts. There is almost something old fashioned and wholesome about arguments about the manager and the football. Long may it continue, but please don’t take my ‘ happy clapper” label away. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Kirsty and Phil. Location location location 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Defend that result then you idiots 🤣😂

Check my earlier posts in this thread for my opinion - I'm probably the most Smith out person on here.

But today, we've not deserved to lose that. There's definitely promise with the diamond; you could see what we're trying to achieve and how we were going about it. Individual errors are naff but can't be helped really; every player is going to make an individual error that costs us either a goal or a missed opportunity throughout a season. We've been worse. Try the diamond again with a few tweaks; Cantwell and Sara for Ramsey and McLean (then McLean for Byram at full back in my opinion). Feeling positive, bizarrely.