Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

I see Haaland is at it yet again..

47 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

It really does grind me (as I'm sure it does most people who just supports their local team no matter what) there's a kid a few houses down from me who I've seen kicking a ball around in a man city, Liverpool, man utd, Chelsea, and spurs shirt!  (That's without the psg, Real madrid, Juve. but I guess those are slightly more forgivable - I have one German club shirt FC Saarbrucken because of a FM save 🤣

I'd have to put my foot down and just say no 🤣 

In fairness people from Manchester support their local team, it just happens to be Manchester City

25 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Haaland, Anthony & De Bruyne all to have 1 shot on target superboosted to 6/1 on Skybet pre match was literally a license to print money 💵😀😀😀

Damn, I missed that! Ah well, my 25/1 on Haaland to score three hat-tricks this season has just come in, so that's paid for the weekend up in Blackpool! 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Well b back said:

In fairness people from Manchester support their local team, it just happens to be Manchester City

Well quite, I was more talking about the Great Yarmouth  Man united massive etc. 

36 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Damn, I missed that! Ah well, my 25/1 on Haaland to score three hat-tricks this season has just come in, so that's paid for the weekend up in Blackpool! 🙂

Can get 16/1 on him breaking Shearers record, too long to wait on the payout though and can see him going to Real in 4 or 5 years. 

Trying to find odds on him scoring a double hattrick at some point. 

• Like 1

The best away performance I recall at Carrow Road was also Arsenal in a friendly when they had Bergkamp and Overmars and 

beat us 6-0 I think.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Precisely, that's kinda my point. Gotta stop the supply to someone like Haaland. In other words, kick, gouge and batter the shoite outta Grealish, De Bruyne, Foden et al.

Definitely think Alfie Haaland's going to be having the loudest laugh in Manchester tonight.

Yep dont think Roys kids are much good at footy. 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep dont think Roys kids are much good at footy. 

Like their father then 😂👍

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Closest thing to Ronaldo (R9) as there has been.

In the multiverse, this is what Ronaldo would have done to the EPL if he joined Manchester United. 

Cant agree knighto, this guy has it all. Watch how he 'claims ' the air when he goes up for a header. Touch, pace, stength , finishing, assist and awareness , unless  some tragedy strikes,Haaland will  surpass everyone. Im 60 , followed footy all my life and ive never seen the likes of him.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Can get 16/1 on him breaking Shearers record, too long to wait on the payout though and can see him going to Real in 4 or 5 years. 

Trying to find odds on him scoring a double hattrick at some point. 

At his current rate of 1.75 goals per game, he could get there inside four seasons 🙃

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

I still say that peak Ronaldo (1996 with Barcelona) is untouchable. 

Ronaldo's dribbing and general link up play was better than Haaland, at the same age. 

Haaland will probably have a longer career than Ronaldo's. As Ronaldo's career was cut short through injury and whatnot.

Internationally, it's not going to close. But that isn't Haaland's fault.

Amusing statistic - Brazil have never beaten Norway in men's football.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

That is something to be proud of!

I remember the 1998 match when Norway beat them 1-2.

Aye, and there was controversy about a penalty as it looked like a clear dive, then when a camera angle was shown from the other side, the shirt-pull was obvious.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Born in Leeds, shame the FA didn't act years ago, although Southgate would play him as a holding midfielder or something. 

There's no way that he would ever have played for England, don't be silly, his dad was a Norway International and he was only here as a toddler/primary age kid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

IMG-20221002-WA0142.jpg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There's no way that he would ever have played for England, don't be silly, his dad was a Norway International and he was only here as a toddler/primary age kid.

I wasn't being entirely serious 

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Stranger things have happened. Look at Ben Brereton, born in Stoke, has a strong English accent and prior to getting called up had not once set foot in Chile and had spent his time as a young player playing for the England youth team.

Then now as an adult probably realized he was never gonna get called up to the main England team, suddenly remembered his mother is half chilean, added 'Díaz" to his name and started taking Spanish lessons and started playing for the Chile national team

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Stranger things have happened. Look at Ben Brereton, born in Stoke, has a strong English accent and prior to getting called up had not once set foot in Chile and had spent his time as a young player playing for the England youth team.

Then now as an adult probably realized he was never gonna get called up to the main England team, suddenly remembered his mother is half chilean, added 'Díaz" to his name and started taking Spanish lessons and started playing for the Chile national team

As you say, that's different because he knew he'd never be good enough to play for England. 

Same with a load of Championship level players who play for Ireland because because grandma was half Irish.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As you say, that's different because he knew he'd never be good enough to play for England. 

Same with a load of Championship level players who play for Ireland because because grandma was half Irish.

Oi!! Thats how im getting an irish passport  . Will never play  for ireland though, I'm a half decent  footballer 😇🤣🤣🧞‍♂️

Oh and im sixty.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

On the other end of that you got players like Rice and Grealish, both born in England, both only ever lived in England, both have strong English accents who played a couple games for the Ireland under 21's due to them both haviing one Irish grandparent.. Yet they still to this day get called snakes and judas by Ireland fans as they picked England when England came for them🙃

56 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oi!! Thats how im getting an irish passport  . Will never play  for ireland though, I'm a half decent  footballer 😇🤣🤣🧞‍♂️

Oh and im sixty.  🤷‍♀️

I could also get an Irish passport this way, sometimes tempting.

Galway is my favourite Irish town. Wife would never move so far away from her family though. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But can he replace Pukki and play with Nunez? 😉

12 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Haaland will probably have a longer career than Ronaldo's. As Ronaldo's career was cut short through injury and whatnot.

How old is Ronaldo now? He would still be starting and bossing games if he weren't at ManUre and trying to impose himself on managerial decisions?

I can't see Haaland lasting into his 30's, with his physique his knees will be fùcked by then. But he will have broken all scoring records by the time that happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

How old is Ronaldo now? He would still be starting and bossing games if he weren't at ManUre and trying to impose himself on managerial decisions?

I can't see Haaland lasting into his 30's, with his physique his knees will be fùcked by then. But he will have broken all scoring records by the time that happens.

Wrong Ronaldo !! 😇😉🤔🤷‍♀️

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wrong Ronaldo !! 😇😉🤔🤷‍♀️

🤭 And I can't even use age as an excuse!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Michail Antonio amongst others play for the Jamaican national team as they knew they weren't going to play for England. 

On 02/10/2022 at 14:40, Ken Hairy said:

Born in Leeds, shame the FA didn't act years ago, although Southgate would play him as a holding midfielder or something. 

God, that reminds me of all the Adnan Janujaj should play for England boll*cks, when it was only against bottom of the table Sunderland.