littleyellowbirdie

Sell Pukki in January?

On 02/10/2022 at 16:30, Branston Pickle said:

That’s extremely undervaluing what the club does - we took him on a free and have given him a shot at PL football he’d never have had, and he’s been extremely well paid in the process.  Of course he technically ‘owes us nothing’, but morally is different. 

Really don't see where you are coming from here. 

He owes us giving his all for the duration of his contract, which expires in the summer, and that's what he is currently doing.

This idea of that players owe 'loyalty' in football is somewhat misguided, there is seldom little loyalty in the opposition direction, look how quickly Trybull was ditched.

On 03/10/2022 at 09:59, Mello Yello said:

I don't think the Pukster will be seeing his playing career out at Carra....If a substantial healthy financial offer from a decent club comes in January....?

Money talks.....

He could comfortably do 2 more years at Norwich and still be good enough to do another 2 in Finland, surely. He's a hero over there, that's where he should finnish his career.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He could comfortably do 2 more years at Norwich and still be good enough to do another 2 in Finland, surely. He's a hero over there, that's where he should finnish his career.

No pun intended, I'm sure. 😉

He could do two more years, certainly. If that was going to happen then a contract would already be settled instead of being forced to take up the compulsory option. 

From his own perspective, it makes much more sense to see what he can get on a free somewhere else at the end of the season, where he'll doubtless get fantastic personal terms.

In all likelihood, should we be promoted next season, he'll be playing against us next season as the player of another, more established, Premier League team. 

44 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Really don't see where you are coming from here. 

He owes us giving his all for the duration of his contract, which expires in the summer, and that's what he is currently doing.

This idea of that players owe 'loyalty' in football is somewhat misguided, there is seldom little loyalty in the opposition direction, look how quickly Trybull was ditched.

Yeah he doesn't owe us anything past this contract, just as we didn't owe him a move this summer as some seemed to suggest. I do see a touch where Branston comes from as I think sometimes it is underplayed that Norwich City have been just as good for Pukki as Pukki has been for Norwich City.

Given a desperate Premier League club 'may' stump-up £10-15m for his services, doesn't that show how valuable his all-round play & goals (still) are? Similar to Jamie Vardy, he's looked after himself; I hope Norwich do all they can to retain his services for another 2 years.

Sargent & Idah are not (yet) adequate for a starting place in the Premier League, that's for sure...