chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Blackpool (A)(L) ****

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Was that the dowell one? One of the most blatant fouls you will see, and they suggested he had "run into his leg".

Well, relativistically speakingĀ I suppose you could say he did. In the same way that Mike Tyson's opponents used to run on to his fists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 unbeaten 7 wins it might be different football but it is effective and so to reading

And thanks all you posters for all the upbeat comments after the game

Otbc

Ā 

• Like 1

A hard game to assess. Overall though another very important and hard fought win. And yet once again I find myself yearning somewhat for us to be more convincing and really show that we can control and dominate games which again we have not managed to do. I remain concerned at how easily and quikcly the oppositionĀ are able to move the ball to the edge of our box when we lose possession. I fear against sides like Watford or (maybe) Reading we won't get away with it.

Awful first 20 minutes then our best 25 minutes of the season but without reward of a further goal. Still looked dangerous second half but also let them have a few sniffs they shouldn't have had. Overall, I still feel we are lacking the midfield presence to truly control/ dominate games.Ā 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

A hard game to assess. Overall though another very important and hard fought win. And yet once again I find myself yearning somewhat for us to be more convincing and really show that we can control and dominate games which again we have not managed to do. I remain concerned at how easily and quikcly the oppositionĀ are able to move the ball to the edge of our box when we lose possession. I fear against sides like Watford or (maybe) Reading we won't get away with it.

Awful first 20 minutes then our best 25 minutes of the season but without reward of a further goal. Still looked dangerous second half but also let them have a few sniffs they shouldn't have had. Overall, I still feel we are lacking the midfield presence to truly control/ dominate games.Ā 

But equally Watford are midtable and Burnley are 5 points away from us.

So having come down as the worst of the three our club structure and staff / players have us as the best performing of the three.

I actually thought considering our still limited midfield options we controlled the first half. We just didn't take our chances.Ā 

I'd hasten to add because people forget, it was similar for many games under Farke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Around 28,000 At Ipswich today, biggest crowd for years.Ā 

Thereā€™sĀ a lot to do in Suffolk these days. Ā I imagine there was an offer onĀ their tickets again

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Thereā€™sĀ a lot to do in Suffolk these days. Ā I imagine there was an offer onĀ their tickets again

Not far off 28,500, probably more to do with them doing well to be fair.Ā 

We have more points at this stage of the season than we did in either of our previous two promotions.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

We have more points at this stage of the season than we did in either of our previous two promotions.Ā 

Yeah but Dean out beacaue he puts his hands in his pockets and drinks tea or whatever

• Haha 1

Just now, horsefly said:

But, but, but we are so poor compared to when we played under Farke. Smith needs to go

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Bit unfair to be too critical - we still have a number of injuries and no fit left-back, and won prettyĀ comfortably. Ā We should have been out of sight by half time, but all teams in this division can play otherwise theyā€™d not be in itā€¦you have to bear that in mind.

• Like 3

The Sky highlights give a good 2mins 49 secs, but unfortunately don't include the goal. Anyone got a vid they can share?

7 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The Sky highlights give a good 2mins 49 secs, but unfortunately don't include the goal. Anyone got a vid they can share?

Thatā€™s rather random - tbh it wasnā€™t anything special, but they all countĀ 

Actually, my main takeaway from today was how ropeyĀ their commentators were. Ā You can expect a few misnamed players, and perhaps a little bias, but they took the latter to exceptional levels and gave an extremely one-eyed version of events.

50 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Still 2nd, point behindĀ 

Ah, thought the BBC table hadnā€™t updated. To the back of the maths class for me. šŸ˜³

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

But, but, but we are so poor compared to when we played under Farke. Smith needs to go

Are we? Whatā€™s this based on other than nostalgia?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If we lose to Watford and ReadingĀ but beat everyone else, I can cope with it.

• Haha 1

Massive game away at Reading on Tuesday now. The opportunity to go 5pts clear of 3rd, never mind what Shef Utd do at home Vs QPR.Ā 

53 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Still not happy with midfield. The shape is all wrong. And players like Dowell and Sinani don't offer enough for me. And Sara is a real problem area. he hasn't looked the part but won't until he gets some game time.

But we march on again.

I donā€™t honestly think there is any shape. Thereā€™s no cohesion in our midfield. Players donā€™t look like they know whether they should go or stick when weā€™re on the ball and when weā€™re not we look to open.Ā 

Dowell and Sinani are lower level Championships players not players who should be in the middle for a team expecting to challenge for the title. Sara doesnā€™t seem to have a clue where he is supposed to play! Ā 
Ā 

Having said all that there is very little quality in this league andĀ we continue to grab results from individual sparks of good play and mistakes.Ā 
Ā 

I donā€™t think anyone would say we are playingĀ well or are dominant in matchesĀ but we have enough to beat teams like Blackpool.Ā 
Ā 

I fear Reading will pose a much sterner test for our midfield and manager!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Are we? Whatā€™s this based on other than nostalgia?

I think itā€™s based on sarcasm.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Oh yea, it appears IĀ honestly canā€™t tell anymore. šŸ¤£

Edited by Monty13
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Phew, thought I was losing my touch.

Then again it is probably difficult to tell nowadays when people still moaning about 22 points from 24.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Ah, thought the BBC table hadnā€™t updated. To the back of the maths class for me. šŸ˜³

Just getting in practise for Tuesday night mate šŸ‘

• Like 1

Anyone watching Reading its on red button, not the main game on Sky as shown on Canaries website.

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed watching that one! Yes there were some sloppy moments but we looked incisive with possession,Ā played with a good tempo, forward players linked up well and really shouldā€™ve had at least 3 goals scored. At no point during watching did I feel like the players didnā€™t know what the plan was - although I must admit I missed the first 20 mins which soundedĀ v poor on the radio, so perhaps a distorted view.Ā Credit to Blackpool for making it a good game IMO.Ā 

I donā€™t really mind us conceding a few chances if we are creating 2-3x more than the opposition and that was definitely true for today.Ā 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pete said:

Anyone watching Reading its on red button, not the main game on Sky as shown on Canaries website.

I have a NOW TV sky sports pass, anyone know if I canĀ do the red button through that please?