chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Blackpool (A)(L) ****

May be an image of 2 people and text
May be an image of text that says "GLOBAL LOBALKICK-OFF Helsinki 17:00 Norwich 15:00 Toronto 10:00 BLACKPOOL NORWICH CITY Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 22:00 Athens 17:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Rio De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 Nairobi 17:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 11:00 Sydney 00:00"
May be an image of grass

Videos:

Articles:
The Pink'Un has it's usual presser coverage article here.
Canaries.co.uk have the clubs official build up piece here.
Blackpool have their own pre match piece here.

Ins, out's, shake em all abouts:
Norwich: Still out are: McCallum(foot, return after WC), Idah(knee - ?), Sorensen(foot - ?), Rowe(shin - ?) all seemingly out for a bit of time or without any indication of how long. Middling news is that although Haydan has had a "set back" it is only for ten days at the moment. The better news is that Giannoulis has made a good recovery and should be returning in the next couple of weeks. Gibbs has trained with the team this week so is back in contention. Hanley and Omobamidele have recovered from their injury concerns and will be back for this game too. 
Blackpool: James Husband could play against us... something I am sure some would welcome, relish even. I haven't been able to find out much more than that sadly.

A little bit of knowledge:
The early history of Blackpool FC likely starts with Victoria FC, in 1877, which was founded as a church club. A few years later it folded but several members joined with past students of St. John's School to form Blackpool FC in 1887. Two years after that, another team merged with Blackpool FC, this time it was the turn of South Shore FC.

It would appear that during their early days they moved around a little in terms of home grounds, starting at Raikes Hall Gardens from 1886-1897. They then moved to the Athletic Grounds from 1897-99 before returning to Raikes Hall Gardens for seemingly a shortish time in 1899 as also in 1899 they moved to Bloomfield Road where they have remained ever since.

In terms of league positions, they were promoted to the old top tier for the first time for the 1930-31 season and then had a period where they spent the majority of the time in the top tier with some visits back to Div 2. After relegation at the end of the 1970-71 season, it is fair to say they then sunk down the leagues and spent much time in the 3rd and 4th divisions, occasionally as high as the 2nd again. This didn't really change with the creation of the Premier League they became stuck in Div 2 which was then the 3rd tier of English football. 

That trend changed with promotion to the championship at the end of the 2006-07 season. A better run of form has seen them hold a place in the championship for several seasons, promoted to the premier league for a season in 2010-11, before returning to the championship for three seasons and then slipping down to league 2.

I think it's fair to say, that despite their one league cup and one FA cup their journey has been as up and down as a fair ride you may hope to find on a holiday to Blackpool. They certainly had a good period in the middle of last century which also saw the likes of Sir Stanley Matthews grace their sides. These days, their stock is perhaps not so great. 

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation:
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

Edited by chicken
  • Thanks 2

Interesting. I must admit to expecting Sara to play. Not sure dropping him to the bench after one start in the league will do much for momentum or his confidence.

No Cantwell!!

Great to see Gibbs on the bench.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Interesting. I must admit to expecting Sara to play. Not sure dropping him to the bench after one start in the league will do much for momentum or his confidence.

I prefer Onel on the bench but I can see the logic in playing him from the start in an away game against a side who presumably will set up in quite a low block.

Also assuming that they'll try and kick us all over the place: happy to see lots of players in the team who can deal with that.

And finally, we have eight games this month. I'm hoping that DS will use our large squad wisely in that time. Lots of changes from game to game should make the most of one of our chief advantages in this league, strength in depth.

Liam Bridcutt, there's a blast from the transfer rumours past!

19 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Could've been worth giving Nuñez a breather. He was looking a bit leggy in September after his bright start, and then went away on international duty during the break. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Could've been worth giving Nuñez a breather. He was looking a bit leggy in September after his bright start, and then went away on international duty during the break. 

Think we'd lack the creativity though with Cantwell missing as well

Gonna need goals today cos no way we don't concede a couple with that line up. 

All the best.

Pinkun's worst poster.

Big Keith Scott.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4-3-3, McLean as a single pivot, no number 10 (the record's stuck Petriix...). How will we do in midfield? 

10 minutes ago, Petriix said:

4-3-3, McLean as a single pivot, no number 10 (the record's stuck Petriix...). How will we do in midfield? 

Fwiw Bailey has it as a 4231 with Kenny and Núñez as the two.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Anyone have a stream?

Nothing about,

Watching on the radio.

Sounds like our usual post international break start!

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nothing about,

Watching on the radio.

Sounds like our usual post international break start!

Sounds like our usual sluggish garbage, period

So were mentally jaded before the international break, what are we after it? 😅