Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates - Hayden back to Newcastle for review

All taken from todays presser.

"Both CBs are training today. Grant had an injection after the West Brom game and feels a lot better. Andrew needed to recover with a slight groin problem. It was too risky to go and play games and both managers and countries were understanding.

Isaac Hayden had to go for a review back at Newcastle and they felt he had a slight effusion in the knee, so he's not trained yet. I expect him back in the next two weeks.

Dimi has been out on the grass running, non contact. He is the closest to being back. Lungi is still in a boot and Sam is doing gym based work.

Liam Gibbs will train today. He has completed all rehab work and made a swift recovery. If he trains well he'll be a valuable addition. Rowe's scan was really positive but he's got another couple of weeks of recovery still. Adam Idah is still out."

Sounds like Gibbs could be very close to a return, fantastic news.

No update on Idah. Sounds like a similar situation to Hayden and we aren't going to see much of either before the WC.

Is anybody truly surprised about Hayden? What a signing yet again by Webber the Waster!

Sorry, but nobody can defend the signing of this known crock 😡

The phrasing about Hayden is interesting, it was that "he had to" go back to Newcastle for a "review" and "they felt" almost implying that this was not something we initiated or that we thought there was necessarily a problem.its almost as though we thought he was ready to go but the terms of the loan meant Newcastle had to ok it before he could. Would be interested to know what the terms of the loan are regarding wages whilst injured, especially if they have a veto in such a way...

6 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The phrasing about Hayden is interesting, it was that "he had to" go back to Newcastle for a "review" and "they felt" almost implying that this was not something we initiated or that we thought there was necessarily a problem.its almost as though we thought he was ready to go but the terms of the loan meant Newcastle had to ok it before he could. Would be interested to know what the terms of the loan are regarding wages whilst injured, especially if they have a veto in such a way...

I get the sense Newcastle are picking up most of the cost, I'm sure if anything it doesn't cost Norwich until he is on the pitch. Hence the clearance required as they are probably keen to ensure he isn't terminally crocked thus losing them a transfer fee, or worst case, insurance cover. So still I would expect it is good business from our perspective if frustrating, but does point to there being a fee payable c. £5 - 10m if we take up the option.

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

His wages allegedly" according to today's press Isaac Hayden – Norwich City paying only around £20,000, with Newcastle United paying the vast majority of his £50,000+ a week wages. Other sources say it's nearer £100,000.

1 minute ago, NorfBhoy66 said:

His wages allegedly" according to today's press Isaac Hayden – Norwich City paying only around £20,000, with Newcastle United paying the vast majority of his £50,000+ a week wages. Other sources say it's nearer £100,000.

Yeah, there’s no way we’re paying anything near £100K. If he’s coming to us on £100K and is prepared to accept earning at most half that once we buy him in order to play (this is assuming the injury heals) fair play to him.

5 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Is anybody truly surprised about Hayden? What a signing yet again by Webber the Waster!

Justify the phrase “known crock”?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I get the sense Newcastle are picking up most of the cost, I'm sure if anything it doesn't cost Norwich until he is on the pitch. Hence the clearance required as they are probably keen to ensure he isn't terminally crocked thus losing them a transfer fee, or worst case, insurance cover. So still I would expect it is good business from our perspective if frustrating, but does point to there being a fee payable c. £5 - 10m if we take up the option.

I know peterboro have a guy on loan that arrived injured and they are only paying for him once he’s better. Perhaps this is similar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

If he’s coming to us on £100K and is prepared to accept earning at most half that once we buy him in order to play (this is assuming the injury heals) fair play to him.

He could've easily banked a lot of previous earnings, plus his wife and child are down this way aren't they?  40k/week ain't all that bad when you think about it! 🙂

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Justify the phrase “known crock”?

He was injured when we signed him, surely that’s not too difficult for you to understand? So he was unfit or a known crock 

47 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He could've easily banked a lot of previous earnings, plus his wife and child are down this way aren't they?  40k/week ain't all that bad when you think about it! 🙂

Yeah but if you earn £80K sitting on the bench somewhere like Southampton many would take that instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I know peterboro have a guy on loan that arrived injured and they are only paying for him once he’s better. Perhaps this is similar?

I’m sorry that cannot be true, no one signs injured players except Norwich City.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He was injured when we signed him, surely that’s not too difficult for you to understand? So he was unfit or a known crock 

“Crock” implies either a long-term or repeated injuries to me. Name me a player who hasn’t been injured. Something like 99% of those recover. We didn’t just ring Newcastle and say “send him down”, there was medical due diligence first.

Also, I would have thought his position is one of the most likely to be injured. Is there anything in that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He was injured when we signed him....

Which would suggest we are not paying him to recover, given that it was not like a broken arm where the rime span is known. We only benefit from having a stronger squad if they are fit. Injured regulars usually give youngsters a chance to break through - but the two who should be stepping up Springett/Rowe are also out.

We do seem to be suffering from non contact injuries, whereby the players legs seem to be breaking down with some sort of stress. Are we pushing the players too much ? I would be curious to know how many of our lot, out on loan, pro rata suffer similar injuries.

1 hour ago, Rivvo said:

I’m sorry that cannot be true, no one signs injured players except Norwich City.

Aren't Peterborough having a tough time of it in League One? Well outside of the play offs last time I looked 

The wording about Hayden makes it sound like Newcastle’s physio department doesn’t see it the same as ours. 
Regarding payment surely we will be paying for him as soon as he signed his loan contract. He’s not on a pay as you play contract. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

The wording about Hayden makes it sound like Newcastle’s physio department doesn’t see it the same as ours. 
Regarding payment surely we will be paying for him as soon as he signed his loan contract. He’s not on a pay as you play contract. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's a bit of a conflict of interests in his recovery. Norwich wants him on the pitch as soon as possible and doing something for the club; Newcastle wants him on the pitch in sufficient time to meet the performance requirements for a compulsory sale with the minimum risk of the injury blowing up again and scuppering the sale. Newcastle want to make sure we don't cut corners and risk a relapse that blows the sale. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

The only known crock is the one you've just typed. Not got a huge injury record has he? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

“Crock” implies either a long-term or repeated injuries to me. Name me a player who hasn’t been injured. Something like 99% of those recover. We didn’t just ring Newcastle and say “send him down”, there was medical due diligence first.

Also, I would have thought his position is one of the most likely to be injured. Is there anything in that?

This knee issue is 18 months old now to be fair. 

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah but if you earn £80K sitting on the bench somewhere like Southampton many would take that instead.

It's been well known for a while that he wants to live near Essex.

He's not good enough for West Ham, we are probably his best option in terms of being somewhere near Essex + somewhere near Prem standard, assuming Brentford don't need a DM.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

There's a bit of a conflict of interests in his recovery. Norwich wants him on the pitch as soon as possible and doing something for the club; Newcastle wants him on the pitch in sufficient time to meet the performance requirements for a compulsory sale with the minimum risk of the injury blowing up again and scuppering the sale. Newcastle want to make sure we don't cut corners and risk a relapse that blows the sale. 

They are also the ones that will be paying his insurance policy so won't want us to mess up any claims by being negligent. It's probably standard practice for the parent club to want to monitor injuries, don't think it necessarily means they are casting shade on the quality of our medical team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They are also the ones that will be paying his insurance policy so won't want us to mess up any claims by being negligent. It's probably standard practice for the parent club to want to monitor injuries, don't think it necessarily means they are casting shade on the quality of our medical team.

Correctomundo . Even multi zillionaires  dont want to see a   5M +  asset be used unless its properly fit to do so.  Theyll bleat on about player welfare etc  but the bottom line ...as always , is dosh. 

9 hours ago, chicken said:

The only known crock is the one you've just typed. Not got a huge injury record has he? 

As I said earlier, he was known to be crocked when we signed him, dress it up how you like it’s a massive **** up yet again by the club!

13 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

As I said earlier, he was known to be crocked when we signed him, dress it up how you like it’s a massive **** up yet again by the club!

He had already recovered from his injury in that he was training. He suffered issues in the pre season camp resulting in fluid on his knee which needed clearing out. Newcastle then picked up on something and asked for him to rest for ten days.

On top of that we have to ignore all of the positives again! Nunez, Ramsey, glimpses from Sara. 7 games unbeaten, 6 wins in a row... 

16 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He returned to training with Newcastle at the end of April. He wasn’t injured when we signed him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chicken said:

He had already recovered from his injury in that he was training. He suffered issues in the pre season camp resulting in fluid on his knee which needed clearing out. Newcastle then picked up on something and asked for him to rest for ten days.

On top of that we have to ignore all of the positives again! Nunez, Ramsey, glimpses from Sara. 7 games unbeaten, 6 wins in a row... 

Bedsheets mate… bedsheets… 

Don't really care about Hayden at this stage, Gibbs being back is the best news 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

Don't really care about Hayden at this stage, Gibbs being back is the best news 

You can’t miss what you’ve never had 

• Like 1

On 29/09/2022 at 22:04, TeemuVanBasten said:

It's been well known for a while that he wants to live near Essex.

He's not good enough for West Ham, we are probably his best option in terms of being somewhere near Essex + somewhere near Prem standard, assuming Brentford don't need a DM.

Canvey Island