Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Ajax- The cheaters club?

Hmmm, interesting. I know that there isn't a fixed size for pitches. Certain aspects such as the penalty area, 6yrd box and penalty spot etc have very much set measurements but the width and length don't. They have minimum and maximum measurements and as long as they are between the two, they are good. Something my stepfather taught me, he ran a landscape maintenance company which included marking and maintaining pitches for rugga and footy for the MoD amongst others.

Though these also differ in European competition, which I only found out on a tour of Anfield which has special dispensation for it's pitch due to the age of it (it's a bit small for the minimum requirements for Champions League or something).

Veeeery naughty if this is completely illegal. 10cm smaller is a bit odd, do they mean in width, height, both of those or diagonally? 

11 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

sounds like BS

Yeah. How would you do that? The posts go into holes in the ground don’t they? If they could change it back there must have been two sets of holes, so hardly difficult to spot. I’m sure chicken’s stepfather could give a more technical explanation.

Edited by Nuff Said

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Size of the goals are set and nothing to do with the dimension of the pitch. 

Seems it was off the height and so easily done by cutting the length off the bottom of the post then putting those cut offs back in as a packer for mens games.

Actually a good idea for the women's game if done legitimately!   

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Seems it was off the height and so easily done by cutting the length off the bottom of the post then putting those cut offs back in as a packer for mens games.

Actually a good idea for the women's game if done legitimately!   

10/10 for cunning !!