Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Corporal Punishment

What’s the best anyone received on here? I received six of the best just for letting stink bombs off in a science class (bought from the old joke shop on the POW Road) Didn’t some teachers get very excited back in the day dishing the whacks out! 

Yes, six was the most, but on more than one occasion. When several of us went in together for "the Cosh", you had to bite your lip because you didn't  dare be the one who blubbed. I laugh about it now but it wasn't  funny at the time.

Some of those teachers were right barstewards, but to be honest I was probably no angel either.

I never got the cane but once had a massive clip round the ear for talking in assembly.  I was about 13.  I'd ignored a warning and it came from behind, right out of the blue and with some force.  Made my head ring for a while, and shut me up.  I got what I deserved, no more and no less.  

I did avoid a certain thrashing though, by escaping detection.  The school had installed a new toilet block which had cubicles with a gap under the door.  I picked a quiet moment and went along the line, locking the doors from the inside then squeezing underneath. What fun! 

Edited by benchwarmer

I got the strap on the hand, a piece of leather about the size of a ruler, 3 of the best. Corporal punishment was banned the next year.😬

Six of the best for copying someone's homework at the CNS. Three of us caught but I got six rather than three because the Headmaster said to us (real names hidden)  "So you're Smith, Brown and White". And I said "No, we're the Beverley Sisters".

Cheeky beggar. He made the bullet, I fired it and he belted me. I bet he used that one himself later.

• Haha 1