Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Watford sack manager.. While one point outside playoffs

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

What about Prime Minister?

Not enough money in the world to make me want that job for even a day. 

I've always said I'm not against sacking managers and don't see it as the sin that some people do, they are well paid employee's just like players, they don't hesitate to move on if a better offer comes along and so clubs should also want to upgrade when given the opportunity. But Watford are really taking the pi55 now. They've been successful in spite of how they deal with managers. Their owners wealth and proximity to London means they can attract good players and they play really pragmatic football and fill their team with pace so they always do well but I'd struggle to link their success in any way to how they hire and fire coaches. 

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I bet they don't paint the Manager's name on the door or car park at Watford. Or if they do, the bloke has a fulltime job.

I believe the door is actually a revolving one and the car park is a drive through.🔄🚘

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bilic already appointed, they don't eff about.

They have a strange model for a club of similar size to ourselves and invariably end up in the same league as us.

Maybe their owners read their primary fans message  board..... and take their cue from that.

If Delia and Co  did that, Paul Lambert would have returned as manager  at least 4 times in the first 3 years after he left.  🤷‍♀️😇

.....and Dean Smith would have been sacked for drinking  Tea  .....from a Mug!!!!

4 hours ago, The Raptor said:

The queen saw 45 changes of Watford manager during her reign. Charles has put in a word. He wants to break that record!

38 of which have been in the last 14 years.  😇

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Best job in the world Watford manager. 10 weeks work 3 years pay.... Sign me up 👍

I was thinking this as soon as I saw the title. 

I'm a contractor, wish I could take a job then get myself sacked and paid off in full. 

In football management the more you get sacked the more money you get. 

Steve Bruce must be living in the Taj Mahal.

Edited by Chelm Canary

28 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I was thinking this as soon as I saw the title. 

I'm a contractor, wish I could take a job then get myself sacked and paid off in full. 

In football management the more you get sacked the more money you get. 

Steve Bruce must be living in the Taj Mahal.

The Taj Mahal is a mausoleum Chelmo!! 

🤣😂🤣👌🤡

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

🤣😂🤣👌🤡

Mildly embarrassing 😂

Edited by Chelm Canary

9 hours ago, BurwellCanary said:

Perhaps a series of big scrabble tiles they can re-arrange at a moments notice would be better

Crazy 

Metal door, fridge magnet letters... 

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

🤣😂🤣👌🤡

there was meant to be a second mausoleum at the other end of the Ponds, but it was never build due to the cost. Like the NDR, HS2 etc. etc

• Thanks 1

Perhaps they could wait until the transfer window opens and then sign seven or eight managers ,instead of players, to see them through the season. Just a thought.📝

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not enough money in the world to make me want that job for even a day. 

You’d probably do a better job than the current PM.

19 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

They have a strange model for a club of similar size to ourselves and invariably end up in the same league as us.

Arguably, it shows that taking different approaches bring the same results. The fundamentals remain the same.

20 hours ago, Badger said:

There are actually rumours that some Tory MPs have already have already submitted letters of no confidence in Truss! 

Have they been delivered though? Royal Mail striking aren't they?

• Haha 1

Apologies for mentioning Christmas this early but I heard a rumour that Watford are producing a special advent calendar for their players this year. Its a 24 bedroom hotel. Each day the players get to knock on one of the doors and see who's managing them that day!

• Haha 1

I’m amazed how anyone would be inclined to take up the replacement manager role at Watford, considering everyone must know how vulnerable the job there is. I suppose it probably wouldn’t matter if they’re unemployed though

12 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

there was meant to be a second mausoleum at the other end of the Ponds, but it was never build due to the cost. Like the NDR, HS2 etc. etc

Bonus points next pub quiz then. 👌

Not sure too many on here can say too much considering they want Smith sacked for having a team that finished below Watford and with less financial power sitting at 2nd in the table..

I could be Watford manager and that's the frustrating thing about all these managers getting pay offs for doing sod all. The owners buy the players so you have nothing to do with that, they don't bring through young players or improve what they have so you don't have to be a good coach. You just have to say to their lads, sit back, win second balls and give it to Sarr to run with when you win it. That's it and when it goes wrong you get millions in your bank account. 

Every time someone gets the Watford job