Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Watford sack manager.. While one point outside playoffs

I bet they don't paint the Manager's name on the door or car park at Watford. Or if they do, the bloke has a fulltime job.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I bet they don't paint the Manager's name on the door or car park at Watford. Or if they do, the bloke has a fulltime job.

Perhaps a series of big scrabble tiles they can re-arrange at a moments notice would be better

Crazy 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I bet they don't paint the Manager's name on the door or car park at Watford.

You can imagine the door with a ton of different drill holes where different locks have had to be installed cause the previous occupant never returned the keys! 🙂

• Haha 1

There was s theory that the appointment of Edwards showed a willingness to move away from their previous strategy and try a younger coach to build something long term. Clearly that wasn't the case.

But still, the approach that they've been using for the last decade or so has, largely, been successful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe manager came from Forest Green.  Will get generous pay off and probably get his oid job back, FGR struggling in Div 1.

In the same news segment I hear of clubs moving kick off times to minimise energy costs, and there's Watford pissing millions up the wall cause they get bored.

Bilic already appointed, they don't eff about.

They have a strange model for a club of similar size to ourselves and invariably end up in the same league as us.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

I believe manager came from Forest Green.  Will get generous pay off and probably get his oid job back, FGR struggling in Div 1.

I doubt it. He went about talking to them behind FGR backs. I mean… why would you jump to Watford knowing what they’re like?! Mind you, why hire a L1 manager for a promotion push?! Baffling all round. Glad we’re not Watford…

Edwards sign a contract for 1 season, it's now autumn so he had his time. Billic to see them trough to Winter

The sacking of managers is a joke, may be they should only be able to be replaced during the transfer window??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

There was s theory that the appointment of Edwards showed a willingness to move away from their previous strategy and try a younger coach to build something long term. Clearly that wasn't the case.

But still, the approach that they've been using for the last decade or so has, largely, been successful.

Yeah. I thought this appointment was supposed to be the long-term one. The mind boggles.

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

What about Prime Minister?

There are actually rumours that some Tory MPs have already have already submitted letters of no confidence in Truss! 🤦‍♂️

Predicted that it could be a flood if we reach Pound/ Dollar parity!

• Thanks 1

It seemed as though there would be a change in their ‘hire ‘em and fire ‘em’ approach but obviously not. Lots to talk about with my mates down south on our weekly Zoom meeting this Thursday 🤣

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

They have a strange model for a club of similar size to ourselves and invariably end up in the same league as us.

Hmm, I can't help feeling Watford have a been more spending from the owners that we do.   

45 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Slaven Bilic is an anagram of Balls In Vice - aptly so in this case

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I doubt it. He went about talking to them behind FGR backs. I mean… why would you jump to Watford knowing what they’re like?! Mind you, why hire a L1 manager for a promotion push?! Baffling all round. Glad we’re not Watford…

Yeah, the owner, that Ecotricity guy, went on the airwaves saying how disappointed he was at Edwards and how the trust and faith he'd shown in him had been ignored. I doubt he'd be welcome back there in a hurry.

Its how far away they are away from automatic which is what I suspect really counts.

1 win in the last 7 is nowhere near good enough for Watford and their strikeforce (even without Dennis) in this league.

I dont think this is good news as I'd imagine Bilic will only make them stronger

• Like 1

The queen saw 45 changes of Watford manager during her reign. Charles has put in a word. He wants to break that record!

Edited by The Raptor
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Best job in the world Watford manager. 10 weeks work 3 years pay.... Sign me up 👍

I was thinking the same thing. And given the speed at which they’re going through managers, we should only have to wait a couple of years and everyone in the UK will have had a go.

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

The queen saw 45 changes of Watford manager during her reign. Charles has put in a word. He wants to break that record!

Only 40 if you don't count caretakers, he can easily make it.

• Like 1