Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Blackpool away... anyone else making a weekend of it?

On 28/09/2022 at 11:25, Midlands Yellow said:

Blackpool fans unimpressed with the digs at their town. 

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/its-a-complete-dump-chock-full-of-smackheads.36068/

Not surprised some of the comments on here are a bit OTT. 

Blackpool is no worse than Yarmouth (not saying much I agree but not sodding Beruit) just with more Scottish visitors than Cockneys. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not surprised some of the comments on here are a bit OTT. 

Blackpool is no worse than Yarmouth (not saying much I agree but not sodding Beruit) just with more Scottish visitors than Cockneys. 

Blackpool probably has less Man u fans than Yarmouth does.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Blackpool probably has less Man u fans than Yarmouth does.

Fair point, well made 👍

Driving up early Saturday morning with youngest son. Meeting eldest son there who’s driving up from Southampton. We’re staying over Saturday night so the beer will flow. I’ll run on my usual nonsense I expect. 

I enjoy Blackpool, it’s a bit of fun . Bit rough round the edges maybe , so what,  it’s all part of England’s rich tapestry as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 3

Greetings from Blackpool! Been made to feel very welcome, but it makes Yarmouth look like Saint-Tropez. Mrs Wolf kicked my butt at minigolf, bowlingo and skeeball, but I'm still in good spirits...

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Greetings from Blackpool! Been made to feel very welcome, but it makes Yarmouth look like Saint-Tropez. Mrs Wolf kicked my butt at minigolf, bowlingo and skeeball, but I'm still in good spirits...

How's the beach front looking. Last time I was there there where buliding these giant wavey sand coloured steps on the beach.

12 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Living on  the  edge in Scarytown 😇!!! Enjoy the day Wolfo, bet you can find  Fish n Chips , bread and butter and a cup of tea for under a fiver somewhere, whats not to like?  

26 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

How's the beach front looking. Last time I was there there where buliding these giant wavey sand coloured steps on the beach.

There was some serious building work going on near Blackpool North railway station when I did the Beaverbrooks 10K this May. Which is nice to see when it's right in town centres/densely populated urban areas, so fair play to them for using/encouraging brownfield sites.

Edited by TheGunnShow

13 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

You at least bought a stick of rock and gone on a donkey ride?