Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Dementia Charity Match

It wasn't particularly well promoted but was a very enjoyable afternoon. If names on shirts was going a bit too far name badges on the guys on the bus would have been helpful. 'Can I have your autograph please but who are you?'

Sutton said it was originally going to be held at Norwich United's ground, which suggests expectations weren't high.

I guess it was more about raising awareness and building support for Football Against Dementia.

I think it was promoted well enough - heard them taking about it over the tannoy last game, several bits in the programme and edp website (so presumably in the paper).  

9 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I forgot to attend

Not funny at all. If you've lost a loved one to dementia like I have you wouldn't be making quips like that

Edited by Don’t be Krul

Dementia in  professional football, is an industrial disease and no one should be making cheap jokes.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Shame they didn’t play it during the World Cup break, we’ll be starved of football 

Well, aside from the saturation coverage on the telly.

If they'd actually advertised it, or got the club to promote it I'm sure more would have attended. I knew nothing about it until too late, but would have enjoyed an afternoon out 

• Like 1