Sign in to follow this  
darren  wilson

worthington to fight on

i know im gonna sound like worthy now ,but come have some patience, this is our first bad season under worthington,does he really need all the negative jibes from fans.I know it doesn''t help the players and although we have criticised his signings this season, but  be honest after the drop from the premiership managers around the country doubled the asking price of their decent players,when worthy came knocking and we would do the same ,only difference is that we cant afford big money signings.things may have been different had we sold dean at the start of the season but we all thought we would walk this league but as we have proved in the past you need to build ........

worthington should stay, as a  new manager as good as it might sound would not want to do what is good for this club ,he would probably just want to have a stint because we have recently had a very succesful spell and may i remind you all that this  spell was under worthington,i didnt hear many people asking him to go when we were rock bottom of the premiership last season.........

what when we were 10 points from safety and he came out with the comment well I didnt want anyone to say they didnt get a chance just before playing Safri, Shackell and Helveg in their correct positions against Man Utd.

And he sees these players in training apparantly.  Low and behold at the end of the season what happened to the 3 players he replaced so belatedly: Holt and Eddy are shipped out and docherty is ordered to shape up and lose some weight!!!  after being undroppable for most of the season!!

INEPT

I could perhaps understand the KTFer''s if the Worthy out protests were something akin to a knee-jerk reaction after two or three bad results but really, the current movement to change the manager is coming only as a very, very last resort after every other conceivable course of action has been taken over a period of close on two complete seasons to give Nigel the time, space and resources that he needed to turn things around. Even when we were relegated from the premiership with barely a whimper, having been outplayed and outhought all season, with that last day humiliation fresh in our minds, he received what must have been unprecedented support from the board and the fans. The supporters duly returned to Carrow Road in their teeming thousands this season, making Norwich the best supported club in the division. Millions have been made available for team strengthening. And Nigel has never been under any pressure from any quarters to walk away with the title again. Simply being in with a shout of the playoffs with half a dozen games to go would have been enough for many. But when is enough finally enough ? When does patience finally run out ?  Have we, as supporters really been that impatient ? Are we really being, as some have suggested, cruel and unkind to Nigel ? Did Nigel worry himself about sentimentality when culling Malky and Iwan on the eve of their chance to play in the big time ? He talked the talked the talk when it came to doing what was best for Norwich City. He should now be prepared to walk the proverbial walk.

'' i didnt hear many people asking him to go when we were rock bottom of the premiership last season.........''

Well have a look at my posts & you will find i was saying worthless should go at christmas 04. And if you look even closer you will see that there were a few of us !

There is nothing that can be said to defend worthless,our league table postition is roughly the same as when he 1st took over (give or take a few places) & the record is getting so badly scratched when it keeps being played ''he got us promoted to the prem'' All the KTF''s are sounding like ipswich fans repeatedly going on about the 1980''s............................YAWN!  Remember he also got us relegated & are now playing some of the worst football i have seen at carrow road in 30 years. The bloke has got to go & the sooner the better!

[quote user="darren wilson"]

i know im gonna sound like worthy now ,but come have some patience, this is our first bad season under worthington,does he really need all the negative jibes from fans.I know it doesn''t help the players and although we have criticised his signings this season, but  be honest after the drop from the premiership managers around the country doubled the asking price of their decent players,when worthy came knocking and we would do the same ,only difference is that we cant afford big money signings.things may have been different had we sold dean at the start of the season but we all thought we would walk this league but as we have proved in the past you need to build ........

worthington should stay, as a  new manager as good as it might sound would not want to do what is good for this club ,he would probably just want to have a stint because we have recently had a very succesful spell and may i remind you all that this  spell was under worthington,i didnt hear many people asking him to go when we were rock bottom of the premiership last season.........

[/quote]catch up with the debate mate - the performances are bad enough by any standard to suggest a new manager is needed. patience is ok, but we only have 1 more season of parachute money left, if we don''t gain promtoion next year then we will lose some of our best players.