Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Jamal Lewis vs Milot Rashica..

Highlights 2-1 NI.😉

26'

A cross by Milot Rashica (Kosovo) from the side of the pitch flies into the box, but fails to find its intended target as the aim was poor.

52'

Milot Rashica (Kosovo) attempts to send over a cross in order to find one of his teammates, but an opposition defender averts the danger by intercepting the effort. It's a throw-in for Northern Ireland.

69'

Alain Giresse has decided to introduce fresh legs, with Arber Zeneli (Kosovo) replacing Milot Rashica.

77'

Ian Baraclough prepares a substitution. Jamal Lewis is replaced by Shane Ferguson (Northern Ireland).

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mengo said:
Highlights 2-1 NI.😉

26'

A cross by Milot Rashica (Kosovo) from the side of the pitch flies into the box, but fails to find its intended target as the aim was poor.

52'

Milot Rashica (Kosovo) attempts to send over a cross in order to find one of his teammates, but an opposition defender averts the danger by intercepting the effort. It's a throw-in for Northern Ireland.

69'

Alain Giresse has decided to introduce fresh legs, with Arber Zeneli (Kosovo) replacing Milot Rashica.

77'

Ian Baraclough prepares a substitution. Jamal Lewis is replaced by Shane Ferguson (Northern Ireland).

So they won in the end? Good to hear, had to stop watching at the 80th minute due to something coming up and last I checked the score it was still 1-1. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the old Norn Iron as they are pretty much the weakest of the UK teams and a bit of an underdog, and I also have a (admittedly rather far flung) family link with Northern Ireland so always good to see them do well and get a win.. Which to be fair doesn't happen all too often although they have had some decent results in the last year or two including a great draw against Italy so hey, hope this is something that they can build on

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good to hear, had to stop watching at the 80th minute due to something coming up

Bath night used to be Sundays! 😊 😊 

3 hours ago, Mengo said:
Highlights 2-1 NI.😉

26'

52'

69'

77'

So they were like two ships passing each other silently in the night? 😂😳

• Haha 1

Was at the game and would say that Rashica edged the battle between two fairly average performers. Following a lively start where Rashica showed Jamal a clean pair of heels on a couple of occasions and almost scored with a free kick, the Kosovan faded badly and was subbed after around 75 minutes when NI were starting to push hard for an equaliser. I appreciate Jamal has had very little game time this season (45 mins for Newcastle I believe) so he obviously isn’t 100% fit, but I was pretty disheartened by how disinterested he appeared to be. Seldom looked to get involved and when he did get forward, he (still) tends to turn back and play a pass backwards rather than whip it into the box. For Norwich, he is certainly no better than Dimi.

In more positive news, was nice to see a Norn Iron win for a change, especially with that lot down the road losing as well!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, (Northern) Irish Canary said:

Was at the game and would say that Rashica edged the battle between two fairly average performers. Following a lively start where Rashica showed Jamal a clean pair of heels on a couple of occasions and almost scored with a free kick, the Kosovan faded badly and was subbed after around 75 minutes when NI were starting to push hard for an equaliser. I appreciate Jamal has had very little game time this season (45 mins for Newcastle I believe) so he obviously isn’t 100% fit, but I was pretty disheartened by how disinterested he appeared to be. Seldom looked to get involved and when he did get forward, he (still) tends to turn back and play a pass backwards rather than whip it into the box. For Norwich, he is certainly no better than Dimi.

In more positive news, was nice to see a Norn Iron win for a change, especially with that lot down the road losing as well!

I never really rated Jamal Lewis as anything other than an average Championship left back, just looked good because the dreadful James Husband came before him.