Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Artic monkeys @ carrow road.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Different conversation altogether.Ā  NotĀ  Ā  Ā  ' relevant' . Nice try though. Not so much whataboutery as ahyesbutery.. Ā šŸ˜‡

Can't help but feel that you don't quite appreciate how big the Arctic Monkeys are. Their impending stadium tour should beĀ sufficient indication.

Think the only British band that would be bigger domestically is Oasis if they reformed. They still wouldn't be as big internationally though, Arctic Monkeys cracked America... Oasis didn't.Ā 

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can't help but feel that you don't quite appreciate how big the Arctic Monkeys are. Their impending stadium tour should beĀ sufficient indication.

Think the only British band that would be bigger domestically is Oasis if they reformed. They still wouldn't be as big internationally though, Arctic Monkeys cracked America... Oasis didn't.Ā 

I do realise how popular they are, thanks.Ā  If we are going to Ā playĀ  British band Top Trumps , im holding tbe Rolling Stones.Ā  Ā 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

YOU feel old? I saw both Def Leppard and Motorhead at the Boogie House, and my mate reckons he saw Hendrix in the Orford Cellar (mind you he may have just been stoned).

I trump you by seeing the Stones at the oldĀ Gaumont Cinema (opposite Bonds) in 1964 and Pink Floyd at the Lads Club in King Street.Ā  I did see some bands at the Orford but who knows who they were!!!Ā šŸ˜‰

• Haha 1

Stopped listening to them after they did that pretentious and sh!1e lounge album a few years ago. Think it was Tranquility Base Hotel or something like that and Alex Turner started dressing like a 50's jailhouse rocker. I'm all for bands exploring new sounds but I hated that album and era with a passion, I really don't like pretension and the adulation of certain decades, it's why I'm not thrilled about this current 80's nostalgia fueledĀ sound that a lot of bands have now.Ā  AMĀ were one of my favourites before but that really turned me off them. Have they changed their sound again since then? Might check them out if they're over that phase.Ā 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Prefab SproutĀ 

Hot Dog, jumping Frog , Albuquerque !!Ā 

Always got a laugh out of that line.Ā 

Little things please tiny mindsšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That always surprised me. I really like Arctic Monkeys, but they come across as very, very British and I'm surprised that it translated to America.

Ā 

14 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I do realise how popular they are, thanks.Ā  If we are going to Ā playĀ  British band Top Trumps , im holding tbe Rolling Stones.Ā  Ā 

If we're talking about recent times, Muse have to be up there. They're pretty massive worldwide.

• Like 2

On 27/09/2022 at 20:44, FenwayFrank said:

Paul Weller tribute band šŸ˜‰

Great lead guitarist, can't remember his name but he's bloody good.

Bit sad to say but think it went wrong for them when the lead singer came out as gay, didn't fit in with the whole lad culture thing that that era was famed for, Loaded, FHM, Nuts etc.Ā 

Thankfully the world is changing and that wouldn't have been as much of an issue now.Ā 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

80 quid for standing! Sh1tting hell...

Not at all surprised, that's the going rate for 'big' bands nowadays.

24 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bit sad to say but think it went wrong for them when the lead singer came out as gay, didn't fit in with the whole lad culture thing that that era was famed for, Loaded, FHM, Nuts etc.Ā 

Thankfully the world is changing and that wouldn't have been as much of an issue now.Ā 

Steve Cradock - great guitarist!Ā  Actually plays for Weller's band and also The Specials.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NWC said:

Steve Cradock - great guitarist!Ā  Actually plays for Weller's band and also The Specials.

Yeah, he forged a career by playing for other people šŸ˜

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That story is a horrible one. He hadn't come out to his mum and dad and he didn't choose to at the time. The Sun did a hatchet job on him by interviewing the old OCS drummer and outing him on the front of the paper. Arseh0les!

Terrific band and a top guy from all accounts.

It never fails to amaze me how music has changed.

Very few artists of today provide the spectacle of what the older bands give, the Stones have already been mentioned!

We do seem to appreciate music after the event, to quote Joni Mitchell 'you don't know what you got 'til it's gone'.

Will we be queueing up for tickets to see bands from now in 20 or 30 years time? I doubt it.

Quality music has peaked, it's all downhill fromĀ now...

We even had quality in 1946

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by First Wazzock

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks they went from writing two of the best albums I own, to putting out a load of dross.Ā 

If you are going hoping to see a set like some of the ones mentioned back in the day, I think you will be in for a shock.Ā 

I predict that there are going to be a lot of disappointed concert goers at the end of this one!Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Jo Whiley played the new AM song last night. Body Paint (I think) I liked it.

Hendrix did play Norwich and MUSE also played Lads Club I think it was.

*Arts Centre **and the UEA of courseĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow