Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Artic monkeys @ carrow road.

Cool. I'll be able to hear it from my house!

Now announce Radiohead, blink,  Rammstein, rage, madness or the who please!

I'm not fussed 🙂 

• Like 1

Seems they've had 4 albums out since I last listened to them properly. Guess I'll give those a listen, although based on the ones that I've heard on the radio I think I'd rather have a 3rd Shadow Puppets album.

I’m going to make an effort for this one. My daughter loves them and got indoctrinated by me playing them on the way driving to swimming lessons in Loughborough 15 years ago. Special moments shared subconsciously without words be needed to be shared. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

A couple of people I know saw them at the Waterfront in 2005.

Tickets won’t be £8 this time round maybe 😉

I was at that gig, probably one of the best gigs I've been to. Got my tickets from someone selling them on Ebay, in those days that was the place to buy 2nd hand tickets before they acquired Stub hub.

This also makes me feel old!

I had the pleasure of seeing them in The Grapes on Trippet Lane (2004) in Sheffield, capacity 50 I think. My mate Al produced their early demo's and told me this is "the band to watch, they're going to be huge". Glad to be there at the beginning. Not sure, but think that's where my tinnitus came from! 😄

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

A couple of people I know saw them at the Waterfront in 2005.

Tickets won’t be £8 this time round maybe 😉

Nope you can add a zero on the end of that.

To see Suede at UEA next year is nearly £40!

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nope you can add a zero on the end of that.

To see Suede at UEA next year is nearly £40!

So Suede win on all 3 classic parameters of time,* quality and price

*at least  in the sense of being even more  ancient and decrepit than me. No idea if their set is longer than the articulated simians’

Edited by GenerationA47

55 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I had the pleasure of seeing them in The Grapes on Trippet Lane (2004) in Sheffield, capacity 50 I think. My mate Al produced their early demo's and told me this is "the band to watch, they're going to be huge". Glad to be there at the beginning. Not sure, but think that's where my tinnitus came from! 😄

Pardon? 😛 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Not sure, but think that's where my tinnitus came from! 😄

I got my tinnitus from Supergrass 😁 

Great news not just for Carrow Road but the live music scene in Norwich generally. Impressive that the club are putting themselves forward as a legit venue to get big bands in rather than it be reduced to waiting for summer festivals at the Show Ground. I’m hoping this will provide a bit of a platform moving forward, with The Killers playing recently too. Excellent stuff!

• Like 1

They were a brilliant band with probably the best debut album ever, but have seriously driven downhill since and are now firmly in the "Had it - Lost it!" category IMO. 

I blame "A M" 

It should be a good show though....nice to see the stadium attracting the big acts.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I got my tinnitus from Supergrass 😁 

I had no idea strong weed could affect your  hearing., Franko.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NWC said:

They were a brilliant band with probably the best debut album ever, but have seriously driven downhill since and are now firmly in the "Had it - Lost it!" category IMO. 

I blame "A M" 

It should be a good show though....nice to see the stadium attracting the big acts.

They have evolved to stay relevant, like Bowie. 

My favourite album is the 3rd one, Humbug.

Cornerstone and Crying Lightning my favourite AM tracks and they are both on  that album. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

My favourite album is the 3rd one, Humbug.

Cornerstone and Crying Lightning my favourite AM tracks and they are both on  that album. 

Cornerstone is my favourite Artic Monkeys song full stop! Nice and easy to play on the guitar too 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I had no idea strong weed could affect your  hearing., Franko.

That and lurking, Corkio! 😉 

1 hour ago, NWC said:

Cornerstone is my favourite Artic Monkeys song full stop! Nice and easy to play on the guitar too 😄

I think their music reflects whatever drugs AT is into at the time to be honest, he was definitely in a dark and reflective period in the humbug era. Wouldn't have been healthy for him to have stayed in that place. 

I still laugh at the time a few years ago when they came out of semi hiatus and he started rocking the middle aged peado from early 70s Brooklyn look. 

• Haha 1

First 2 albums were fantastic and had that raw freshness, apart from the odd song after (Cornerstone, Crying Lightning,  Dont Sit Down Cos I Moved ur Chair) they've been a bit meh to me. Still be a great show though 🙂

Tranquility Base is some of their very best work. I love the new stuff just as much as the old. Still got the witty lyricism and humour but more grown up. Would be daft if he was still singing about queing to get into nightclubs and not paying for taxis as a 35 year old millionaire. Alex Turner is a poet.

On 25/09/2022 at 08:38, TeemuVanBasten said:
On 24/09/2022 at 18:22, NWC said:

Give them another 30 years of being         ' relevant'  and i may agree with you.  

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Give them another 30 years of being         ' relevant'  and i may agree with you.  

In the modern world Bowie's career wouldn't have survived his Thin White Duke phase in the late 70s, he'd have been banned from twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, blacklisted from TV and Radio play, and no way back from that. 

I can't think of anybody who has been 'cancelled' in that manner who has managed to become uncancelled. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

In the modern world Bowie's career wouldn't have survived his Thin White Duke phase in the late 70s, he'd have been banned from twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, blacklisted from TV and Radio play, and no way back from that. 

I can't think of anybody who has been 'cancelled' in that manner who has managed to become 

Different conversation altogether.  Not      ' relevant' . Nice try though. Not so much whataboutery as ahyesbutery..  😇

Edited by wcorkcanary

On 24/09/2022 at 09:40, Satriales said:

I was at that gig, probably one of the best gigs I've been to. Got my tickets from someone selling them on Ebay, in those days that was the place to buy 2nd hand tickets before they acquired Stub hub.

This also makes me feel old!

YOU feel old? I saw both Def Leppard and Motorhead at the Boogie House, and my mate reckons he saw Hendrix in the Orford Cellar (mind you he may have just been stoned).