15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Live tonight, atΒ  7:45 interestingly on channel 4. Or if you're not interested you could instead watch Pukki V Romania. All up to you πŸ˜‰

I personally can’t wait for this match. Face paint already applied and now just killing time until kick off.Β 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wesforprimeminister said:

Can't wait to see Jordan Henderson and Mason Mount do jack again, like they have for their club sides.

"Maguire passes it forward to Henderson.. Henderson back to Maguire.. Maguire to Mount.. Mount to Henderson.. Henderson passes it back to Maguire.."

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

"Maguire passes it forward to Henderson.. Henderson back to Maguire.. Maguire to Mount.. Mount to Henderson.. Henderson passes it back to Maguire.."

Oh I can't wait! I'm almost hoping my kids are a nightmare at bedtime so I can avoid it!

• Haha 1

Henderson called into the squad.

With the exception of James, Trippier, Kane and Coady I can't think if many English players having a good season at the moment.

Expecting Itay to dominate with a narrow win.

Very few managers play a more dour system than Southgate. All our best players are attackers and he persists with a negative, boring style. England internationals do not excite me any more.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We need to pack the midfield, sit deep and play cautiously. A tactical affair in store which most English fans fully support.Β 

I bet we play with 3 right backs.

It will be a 'pragmatic' performance.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Henderson called into the squad.

With the exception of James, Trippier, Kane and Coady I can't think if many English players having a good season at the moment.

Expecting Itay to dominate with a narrow win.

The negativity around the Italian side right now is far greater than that surrounding the England side, however.

On 23/09/2022 at 09:37, Capt. Pants said:

I bet we play with 3 right backs.

It will be a 'pragmatic' performance.

Let’s leave it to Gareth.Β 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

The sports reporter on radio this morning tried to inject a bit of jeopardy into the fixtures by saying if England lose both of their games they will be relegated.

Spoilt it by saying they would be relegated to Cat B, League 2, Section F Subsection O (I may have mis-heard that bit), my reaction was 'meh'.

Β 

Didn't even realise this was tonight. Knew it was over the weekend sometime presumed Saturday or Sunday. In fact I've only just found out we've got Germany too 🀣. 

Hopefully I'll get more interested when the world cup starts.Β 

This Nations League affair was meant to make β€˜friendlies’ more competitive, but no one really gives a stuff. Β Even so, being relegated to the second tier would be pretty poor for England, a side that supposedly has aspirations to win the World Cup.

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Didn't even realise this was tonight. Knew it was over the weekend sometime presumed Saturday or Sunday. In fact I've only just found out we've got Germany too 🀣. 

Hopefully I'll get more interested when the world cup starts.Β 

It'll be dark,wet and cold when the World Cup starts.Wall to wall TV.We'll all be interested,whether we want to be or not!!🀣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:
3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Β 

It'll be dark,wet and cold when the World Cup starts

Not in QatarΒ  it won't.Β Β 

4 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Very few managers play a more dour system than Southgate. All our best players are attackers and he persists with a negative, boring style. England internationals do not excite me any more.

It really is quite sad how there are so many skilled, tricky, pacy English footballers yet Southgate is like

Β 

'Hmmm, let's call up ten left backs and play three defensive midfielders'

I'm no huge fan of international friendlies (which is what these still by and large are), but given we've reached the semis and final in our last 2 major tournaments, I do wonder why Southgate gets so much stick all the time...Β 

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It really is quite sad how there are so many skilled, tricky, pacy English footballers yet Southgate is like

Β 

'Hmmm, let's call up ten left backs and play three defensive midfielders'

and play three defensive midfielders 🀭🀣. Didn't realise such a person or persons existed. Never seen theΒ  likes at Norwich for a long time βŒ›οΈ now πŸ™ƒ. Would be handy though. πŸ‘

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

This Nations League affair was meant to make β€˜friendlies’ more competitive, but no one really gives a stuff. Β Even so, being relegated to the second tier would be pretty poor for England, a side that supposedly has aspirations to win the World Cup.

That’s until you realise that France could be relegated too, and Germany would have been last time ( or maybe the one before) if they hadn’t changed the rules.

Back 3 of Dier, Walker and Maguire. Wingbacks James and Sako, midfield Bellingham and Rice. Sterling, Kane and Foden upfront.

It's an attacking line up on that formation!Β 

As usual "I'll pick players in form" has turned to his favourites. Maguire, hasn't played for 4 games. Same for Shaw. Walker only just returned from injury and THE most overrated player of his generation Henderson makes the bench despite being unfit.

I hope we get hammered and relegated.

Won't watch England again until that tool Southgate has gone. My car is rusting outside, will be watching that instead