Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Crowd disorder at an 8 year high

According to BBC website, it’s getting worse year by year currently!

Surprise, surprise the club with the highest banning orders last season was Millwall!

No shock there.

Not suprised, football is typically used as a platform to show discontent, often boiling over due to lots of factors from outside of football and current affairs.

Discontent with the Government's reaction to Corona virus, lock downs, Travel strikes, Energy Prices etc. has not helped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRock said:

Not suprised, football is typically used as a platform to show discontent, often boiling over due to lots of factors from outside of football and current affairs.

Discontent with the Government's reaction to Corona virus, lock downs, Travel strikes, Energy Prices etc. has not helped.

Yep. I also think people might be more comfortable with reporting crime as well - when the police actually bloody respond!

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

According to BBC website, it’s getting worse year by year currently!

Surprise, surprise the club with the highest banning orders last season was Millwall!

No shock there.

How can this be? Surely all seater stadiums will fix this?

Lots of angry little man syndrome at football. It’s a vent. I’m sure it doesn’t escalate into violence like we saw years ago but it’s still very much an outlet for the pent up aggression of a hard working week or just being a titch I think. 

Football, good for mental health and social wellbeing,  remember, thats why it continued through the lockdowns when we weren't allowed out.

17 hours ago, TheRock said:

It’s worth looking behind the figures. How much of the rise was due to the increased use of pyros, which has certainly been something that we have experienced. Whether you agree with them or not, they certainly aren’t reflecting discontent with the government!

The other rise seen has been pitch invasions. I notice Everton were third on the list. Their mass pitch invasion after staying up may well have contributed, but again while not. Allowed it is understandable to most fans.

I think as a football forum we need to be careful about demonising fans. This isn’t the dark days of the eighties, the highest for 8 years means back to the levels. Of 2014. Was everybody writing these articles then, or were they reflecting on improvements?

I’m not saying there are no issues to address, as seen by our away game at Wolves last season, or Millwall at home this, but we don’t need to present a ranting daily mail/ sun approach to this at all.