nutty nigel

Kathy's Famous World Cup Sweepstake

1094528826_sweepstakesdraw.thumb.jpg.90792b7db70e08901358c257ffd10815.jpg

Picture is from the last Euro's sweepstake draw at the Nest. Me and Kathy didn't get the 'pink memo'🙃

So here’s what we’ve all been waiting for. Kathy is once again doing her famous World Cup Sweepstake to boost our pot in memory of Wooster. Thanks Kathy for doing this again, we all appreciate your time and effort. And it’s fun!

This is how it works…

Each ticket will be £10 and the money will be split between Nutty's pot and prizes - £100 for the pot in memory of Wooster and £220 cash prizes. As in in previous sweepstakes Kathy will be buying a ticket for Sarcoma UK in memory of Michelle so that leaves 31 tickets up for grabs.

Again, thanks to the generosity of Emma at the CSF and Stephen Graham at our Club, we have some exciting extra prizes. The tickets will probably go very quickly so it will be first come first served, one per person. You can pay Nutty by the usual method and as soon as he receives it, you are in. (Paypal canaryeddie@aol.com or message for alternatives) When they're gone they're gone.

Winner:  £150

Runner up: £50

Third place: £20

First penalty: Stadium Tour Sunday 26th February 2023 at 11.00am to 12pm

Quickest goal: Stadium tour first game of next season.

First red: CSF Prize

First yellow: CSF Prize

First VAR: Stadium Tour Sunday 26th February 2023 at 11.00am to 12pm.

First team out on pens: CSF Prize

Highest shirt number to score a goal: Bottle of wine.

Like the Euro sweepstake, we will get the Downs Syndrome boys and girls to make the draw up at The Nest on a Saturday morning (date to be confirmed). We all had great fun last time. Lots of us came along so it would be great if as many of you as possible did again.

* If the winners don’t drink wine and would prefer something else let us know.

Edited by nutty nigel
Changed to highest shirt to score a goal.
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Go on then, you've twisted my arm. 

Two questions, though. For first VAR, is that the first decision overturned by VAR? And for highest shirt number, won't most of the players assigned number 26 play at some point?

Yes, first decision overturned by VAR.

As to the shirt numbers, I dont think all the squads were numbered 1-26 last time so I assumed it would be the same this time. I'll keep an eye on it nearer the time when the squads are announced and if it doesn't work, we'll think of something else.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kathy said:

Yes, first decision overturned by VAR.

As to the shirt numbers, I dont think all the squads were numbered 1-26 last time so I assumed it would be the same this time. I'll keep an eye on it nearer the time when the squads are announced and if it doesn't work, we'll think of something else.

Right, if all the squads are numbered 1-26 (and we may not know that for a while) and lots of number 26s get a game, then the first number 26 to play wins. Thanks for raising WWIAFTM.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Don’t really know what I’m signing up for but it looks like a well invested tenner.

I’m not sure about this PayPal thingy. Is there a bank account I can send it to Nutty ?

Pm sent👍

Bump.

Come on you lot. You dont want me to be selling them to people outside the message board do you?

Just 10 left.

• Like 1

I'll take two of them off your hands... one for me, and one for Mrs Wolf. £20 sent to Nutty 🙂

• Thanks 1