Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Carlos Corberan

Been sacked by Olympiacos after just 6 games, same bloke who owns Nottingham Forest. I for one would welcome Carlos here should Deano get the push at any point this season. Did a fantastic job with Huddersfield last season after his apprenticeship under Bielsa at Leeds

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"should Deano get the push at any point this season"

Not going to happen

At this point in time, no. But it looks like being a crazy season already in the managerial world. Plus we have a new investor looking on where the prospect of promotion feels crucial....

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

At this point in time, no. But it looks like being a crazy season already in the managerial world. Plus we have a new investor looking on where the prospect of promotion feels crucial....

…he is hardly likely to suggest sacking a guy averaging two points a game, and who has had up to 10 players out at times (8 on Saturday) 

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

…he is hardly likely to suggest sacking a guy averaging two points a game, and who has had up to 10 players out at times (8 on Saturday) 

As I said 'At this point in time, no'.  

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"should Deano get the push at any point this season"

Not going to happen

Never say never, but we’ve been getting results lately so yeah it is unlikely at the moment 

53 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Never say never, but we’ve been getting results lately so yeah it is unlikely at the moment 

It's unlikely but Neil Adams had 20pts after 10 games too

Seemed like he was doing a good job at hudds, maybe he should return there? 

It's again proof grass isn't always greener. Especially when you got a club eating out your hand and you have an upward trajectory 

On 19/09/2022 at 21:29, glory.win or die. said:

It's unlikely but Neil Adams had 20pts after 10 games too

Neil Adams was never a manager, just like Grant and Gunn weren’t either. Desperate appointments that never made sense. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Seemed like he was doing a good job at hudds, maybe he should return there? 

It's again proof grass isn't always greener. Especially when you got a club eating out your hand and you have an upward trajectory 

He left because he knew it would be impossible to replicate last season's achievements. They punched above their weight and then lost their best players as well. 

His next job, if he wants one in this country, will probably be at a Championship club with more chance of promotion than Huddersfield. 

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

On 19/09/2022 at 18:17, Capt. Pants said:

Have you watched the interviews with the "new investor"?

As it stands he alone doesn't have the ability to sack anyone for starters. He's also said that at least initially, they're mainly going to look at sharing sports science and approaches to player conditioning and player recruitment etc. He's not arrived to just suddenly make a lot of demands... he's underlined that too, he feels that the club has been and is well run. 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Neil Adams was never a manager, just like Grant and Gunn weren’t either. Desperate appointments that never made sense. 

In fairness, Adams and Grant both made sense.

Grant had been assistant coach to Pardew at West Ham when they finished 9th and reached the 2006 FA cup final... the one where they really should have won and had Ashton playing. The argument here is perhaps that good assistant managers don't always make the best managers. Though I suspect no one would have complained had it of been Bowen, for example. 

Adams had been successful with the Youth Cup, and much of that side was, at his appointment, in or around the senior set up. Both the Murphy's had pushed on, Morris and a few others on the periphery too. In some senses it made sense if he knew how to get the best out of those players. To be fair, he was also not doing too badly. In fact, he did better than both of the other two.

At some point, assistant coaches, youth team coaches, assistant managers, will apply to be managers and somewhere will give them that chance, it's then up to them to to take the opportunity. That's about it. 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2022 at 17:26, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Been sacked by Olympiacos after just 6 games, same bloke who owns Nottingham Forest. I for one would welcome Carlos here should Deano get the push at any point this season. Did a fantastic job with Huddersfield last season after his apprenticeship under Bielsa at Leeds

Great idea.Let’s appoint someone who has  been fired for failing to achieve at possibly the best club in a weaker league. I sometimes wonder at the thought patterns of posters on here!

6 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Great idea.Let’s appoint someone who has  been fired for failing to achieve at possibly the best club in a weaker league. I sometimes wonder at the thought patterns of posters on here!

It goes like this....' I'm  not particularly happy in general, lets see if i can find something  to deflect  that , got it! Ill have a good moan about something as irrelevant ( but pleasantly  distracting) as footy, that'll make me feel better'.  

10 hours ago, chicken said:

Have you watched the interviews with the "new investor"?

As it stands he alone doesn't have the ability to sack anyone for starters. He's also said that at least initially, their mainly going to look at sharing sports science and approaches to player conditioning and player recruitment etc. He's not arrived to just suddenly make a lot of demands... he's underlined that too, he feels that the club has been and is well run. 

Yes I have actually and he doesn't refer to Smith by name, just as 'the coach'. It seems him and Webber very much have each other's ear. I think it's very clear Attanasio wants NCFC to be in the EPL and sooner rather than later. As we all do.

On 19/09/2022 at 17:27, Nexus_Canary said:

Lead singer of nirvana.

Highly rate him but not a footballer and dead

I think that you would find that several on this board would still argue that he is better than Kenny McLean!

If not for dreadful decisions by officials Huddersfield would be in the premiership now. 

On 26/09/2022 at 08:30, Capt. Pants said:

Yes I have actually and he doesn't refer to Smith by name, just as 'the coach'. It seems him and Webber very much have each other's ear. I think it's very clear Attanasio wants NCFC to be in the EPL and sooner rather than later. As we all do.

Actually it’s only 80% of us.

On 26/09/2022 at 00:53, Commonsense said:

You mean the manager that got a woeful Huddersfield from relegation candidates to play off finalists. Do your research you absolute tool.