Sign in to follow this  
Maltesecanary

Andrew Omobamidele Out again With groin injury 😭😭

Where’s that news? If it’s minor it might only keep him out of the internationals?

People do seem to have failed to notice that we’ve played 10 league games (would have been 11)Β + 2 cup games in Β 7 weeks. That’s a lot. It’s not surprising we’ve got injuries and players needing a bit of a breather.

Edit: I dare say some will blame Smith for it, after all we never had defending injuries under Farke (that’sΒ sarcasm)

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Where’s that news? If it’s minor it might only keep him out of the internationals?

People do seem to have failed to notice that we’ve played 10 league games (would have been 11)Β + 2 cup games in Β 7 weeks. That’s a lot. It’s not surprising we’ve got injuries and players needing a bit of a breather.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2022/09/19/andrew-omobamidele-ruled-out-of-irelands-nations-league-matches-through-injury/

The plus side is that the start of his recovery is during the international break meaning he'll miss fewer games for us.

Β 

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What is it with our luck? Every bloody season it's the same

You're slacking CC. No thread from you? πŸ˜› πŸ˜„Β 

We need 4 fit experienced CB's.Β  And come up short in this department season after season.Β  Even giving a veteran a pay day for just being in reserve would be preferable to being continually short at the back.

I’m sure he will be fine.Β 
Β 

am I the only one that thinks he’s been way below part the last few games. Never seen him so bad as he was on Saturday.Β 
Β 

im thinking this break will do him the world of good.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CUSDP said:

Β 

am I the only one that thinks he’s been way below part the last few games. Never seen him so bad as he was on Saturday.Β 
Β 

He was poor on SaturdayΒ 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Name me someone in the team who was good to be fair

It was one of those games tbf. I wouldn’t call Sargent or Pukki poor though, they were just not able to get near it. Byram also had his moments. Despite the conceded goal I think he shows a lot of positivity going forward. I rate him highlyΒ 

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Name me someone in the team who was good to be fair

Aaron Ramsay was impressive. That’s aside nobody.Β 
Β 

I do rate big Andy but I don’t think he’s as good as many make out. I wouldn’t call him a rolls RoyceΒ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CUSDP said:

Β 

Β 

I thought the same, misplaced passes and seemed slow to make decisions. Let's hope it's a blip.

1 hour ago, CUSDP said:

Β 

I do rate big Andy but I don’t think he’s as good as many make out. I wouldn’t call him a rolls RoyceΒ 

Yup.

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

We've got 11 games in 6 weeks coming up.

We'll need everyone fit.

Good luck with that - there were 8 out injured onΒ Saturday, few of them due back soon.

Nothing to panic about here. He will miraculously recover by the time we play our next game against Blackpool.Β 

He's played a lot of games recently and needs a rest (as evident by his overall poor performance like most against West Brom), 'strains' are usually used to cover this.Β 

Seriously our medical staff must be incompetent at best.

What you reckon we have 3 UEA trainee physios and a vet???

Β 

Norwich sign a guy in a wheelchair with two double broken legs

"Yup light training he will be fit by Saturday"

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Haha 1

I suppose if Hanley turns out for Scotland v Ireland this Saturday it will be slightly worrying as we know he has also been carrying an injury and will sort of rule out AO being a 'tactical injury'. Surely if you rule out one then you rule out both of them.

4 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Might be a problem getting a work permit for him and you have to wonder why he is without a contract when he's only 27...

Wolves are in for him, apparently, in which case there's no chance of him coming here.

Hopefully just a "I'm injured because I want a rest" scenario we often see with internationals rather than a genuine setback for him. Fingers crossed as him and Hanley are definitely our best 2

Jesus, it's like some of you have never followed football before.

A player who has started several games in a row, didn't have to come off injured on Saturday suddenly finds he has a minor muscle injury before an international break is a shockingly common occurrence and usually is paired with a miraculous recovery after the break is finished.

I'll eat my hat if he's actually inured and doesn't start v Blackpool.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I suppose if Hanley turns out for Scotland v Ireland this Saturday it will be slightly worrying as we know he has also been carrying an injury and will sort of rule out AO being a 'tactical injury'. Surely if you rule out one then you rule out both of them.

Ahem. You were saying? The timing is down to Scotland's medical team being more sceptical than the Irish teams perhaps?