canarybubbles

Let's stop talking about Farke

38 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

As with anything in life If people want to talk something let them, just because someone may talk about something does not mean you either a) have to join in or b) stop them. 

If you don’t wish to talk about Farke probably best to not start a thread about it. 

Exactly this. People should talk about whatever they want to. If you disagree then share your reasoning. If you're not interested then scroll on past. 

I don't personally think Dean Smith is doing a terrible job. He's done just about as well as possible after those first three games, in terms of points at least. If he keeps up this points ratio against the better teams in the Championship then it will be a very good job indeed. 

I will always consider it a mistake sacking Farke. Until, at least, Dean Smith surpasses Farke's success. But it's more about the overall change for me.

As far as I'm concerned, the issues with Farkeball had been resolved by the time of our promotion. Selling Buendia, not replacing Skipp and switching to the 4-3-3 were the biggest mistakes. 

Maybe I'm in denial for blaming these things on Webber. While Farke was still here, at least there was the possibility of undoing the damage; albeit too late to survive last season but ready to go again this year. 

By sacking Farke, the changes were cemented. Dean Smith briefly got my hopes up by bringing Cantwell back in and switching back to the 4-2-3-1. My consternation with the West Brom game was far more about the team selection and the awful 4-3-3 than the unsurprisingly bad performance which resulted.

Ultimately some of us need a bit more time to move on from Farke. Lambert helped us to move on quickly by being such a classless reprobate. But Farke won't make it so easy.

It's a two way thing. Farke clearly cared about the club and the fans. Dean Smith looks like a bloke doing a job. Farke had a vision which he used to get the best out of the players we had. Dean Smith seems intent on shoehorning our players into a flawed system that negates their strengths.

I gave it 10 games and arrived at 'meh'. Who knows. If we're top 2 still at Christmas then maybe that will improve to something a bit more positive.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Farke provided beautiful attacking football in the Championship. I've dozed off once or twice this year. 

False. We did sometimes. Look back at the first 10 games of either title season. Maybe even look back at your own posts back then 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

will always consider it a mistake sacking Farke

This is where it becomes illogical. The boos were roaring out at half time and full time. Fans were beginning to gather after games to protest against the owners and Webber. Even before games.

A mistake? How exactly would you have dealt with what I've just said?

14 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

This is where it becomes illogical. The boos were roaring out at half time and full time. Fans were beginning to gather after games to protest against the owners and Webber. Even before games.

A mistake? How exactly would you have dealt with what I've just said?

And those things continued after Smith was appointed. We’re you not at Palace away , or at Charlton until our goal. The problem was Webber’s signings as Smith has also found out. Remember they sacked Farke after an away win!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

And those things continued after Smith was appointed. We’re you not at Palace away , or at Charlton until our goal. The problem was Webber’s signings as Smith has also found out. Remember they sacked Farke after an away win!

So fans are still gathering at home games to protest the ownership before the match? 

Before you answer please consider the question. 

1 hour ago, Chelm Canary said:

So fans are still gathering at home games to protest the ownership before the match? 

Before you answer please consider the question. 

Are we still in the Premier League?

Did they protest in the Championship under Farke?

4 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The whole Smith thing feels very Alex Neil.

Whenever we sing about recent glory it's Paul Lambert or Daniel farke poor old wee baldy who gave us a cracking play off final is the forgotten man.

Dean Smith very much feels like he will be remembered as "the chap we had after farke and before (name as yet unknown)"

He's certainly not going to end up a city legend.

He's like the hot blonde you date on the rebound after a long term relationship.

She's cute but hasn't got any substance and is forgotten by all when the next one comes along.

Smith is the keeper, dependable boring cup of tea, Farke was the hot German blonde with big jugs that blew brains off. So good it was bad, now we're ruined for anyone else 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

Farke had a vision which he used to get the best out of the players we had. 

Giannoulis and Idah look much better under Smith. 

And Pukki scored the exact same number of goals in both his Prem seasons. 

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Remember they sacked Farke after an away win!

No, they told Farke he had been sacked after an away win. The board voted to sack him in the morning.

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

False. We did sometimes. Look back at the first 10 games of either title season. Maybe even look back at your own posts back then 😉

You're right that I wanted him gone before the Ipswich game but then Emi came along and changed everything. But this season has been dire so far.

Hopefully it will get better but there seems to be a lack of energy about the place. Perhaps it's just that we don't have Emi to set the tempo but at the moment the team and the crowd feel completely flat. 

9 hours ago, Petriix said:

It's a two way thing. Farke clearly cared about the club and the fans. Dean Smith looks like a bloke doing a job.

This is the stark truth imo. The love Farke displayed for the club, the players and the fans was clear to all - he was a superb leader from that point of view - he really cared - and showed it over and over - he was totally "in" and that gave him a kind of charisma that few managers have. 

Smith, who I don't doubt is fully committed too, does not display that kind of aura, very English, gives the impression he is just doing his job to the best of his ability, likeable, experienced, just gets on with it, but the opposite of Farke in that he has little or no charisma. He may be successful which will be great, but he will never be a Daniel Farke - very few could be, he is a one off...or one of very few.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

This is the stark truth imo. The love Farke displayed for the club, the players and the fans was clear to all - he was a superb leader from that point of view - he really cared - and showed it over and over - he was totally "in" and that gave him a kind of charisma that few managers have. 

Smith, who I don't doubt is fully committed too, does not display that kind of aura, very English, gives the impression he is just doing his job to the best of his ability, likeable, experienced, just gets on with it, but the opposite of Farke in that he has little or no charisma. He may be successful which will be great, but he will never be a Daniel Farke - very few could be, he is a one off...or one of very few.

I loved Farke as much as anyone, or at least I thought, but this is all just a little bit weird

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No it isn't.

You do realise had Farke kept us up in the Prem and a Leicester or someone came in for him, he'd have been off?

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

You do realise had Farke kept us up in the Prem and a Leicester or someone came in for him, he'd have been off?

The discussion was about the characteristics between Farke and Smith. Nothing to do with their next jobs. Farke is clearly the kind of person who will put himself totally into a project that he believes in. I know he would have moved on at some point if successul - and the next club he was at, he would put himself totally in to that.  For him it was always the "now" that matters. He was at Norwich therefore he gave it everything.  He's now at BM, I've no doubt he will be totally in to that in a similar way.  Smith is (presumably) giving it everything at Norwich in his own way, but it is like chalk and cheese, so different in character. 

Edited by lake district canary

I could understand sacking Farke and bringing in Smith if we were going to back him in January to get his own players in and try to stay up. 

however what I can’t understand is sacking Farke who had won back to back Championship seasons and would of most likely given a third, to bring in smith who’d never won one. To then not back smith in January and act like you’re happy to be relegated. I see no justification in sacking Farke if the club had already accepted relegation other than to take the heat off of Webber for his frankly awful recruitment. 

• Like 1