Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

#Teagate

Now that the dust has settled somewhat on #Teagate, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about what other managers wouldn't be acceptable to The Real Buh based on their choice of intra-match beverage.

Unfortunately we have to rule out son of Norwich Paul Warne, he likes a PG Tips

gettyimages-1298976121-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.75a02ca7c3416444c5c31a1f0f04e5d1.jpg

Although we can all take a deep sigh or relief that it won't be Big Sam

bolton-wanderers-manager-sam-allardyce-dirinks-a-cup-of-pg-tips-tea-on-the-touchline-2D35199.thumb.jpg.ad9cd43e1b4914cbcf6017eed2a434b4.jpg

Especially not with this girly little cup, although at least he isn't sticking his pinky out

26262981_bigsam.jpeg.e50ee41e7c55ce9115797fb93e795312.jpeg

Or Delia's old mate Roy Hodgson

article-0-0719F5AA000005DC-74_233x423.jpg.7dbdbd1d6f3e129b0af0d55ed6fe21cb.jpg

It rules out Colin too, no wonder he got turned down for the Norwich job back in the day

warnock.jpg.dde3910df9e4d68e02d762cc26f35b6b.jpg

This scandal is getting out of control now! 

• Haha 3

Think I'd have to question Warnie's choice of cuppa.

Lancashire tea, Yorkshire tea, Tetley or a Twinings (English Breakfast or Earl Grey) will do. 

Another thread dedicated to me, what a shocker.

let’s just skip to the part of this thread where TVB has a meltdown and cries himself to sleep.

11 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think I'd have to question Warnie's choice of cuppa.

Lancashire tea, Yorkshire tea, Tetley or a Twinings (English Breakfast or Earl Grey) will do. 

Lost me at Tetley, for me that is second rate like PG Tips.

All others are solid choices. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Another thread dedicated to me, what a shocker.

I know its unbelievable isn't it, years of begging for attention on here and when you finally get a bit you're out of your depth.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know its unbelievable isn't it, years of begging for attention on here and when you finally get a bit you're out of your depth.

Obsessed

save your unwanted advances for your female co-workers, freak.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Obsessed

save your unwanted advances for your female co-workers, freak.

So that is why you need to be a contrarian on here, too scared to talk to any girls at work (incel) so need to be all edgy on the internet. Rumbled. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

So that is why you need to be a contrarian on here, too scared to talk to any girls at work (incel) so need to be all edge and contrarian on the Pink'un. Rumbled. 

I said unwanted advances, learn to read.

HR has already warned you a few times, haven’t they?

try and go a week without mentioning me, you’ll feel better.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lost me at Tetley, for me that is second rate like PG Tips.

All others are solid choices. 

It's bottom of those I selected. Lancashire's a really underrated brew. In fact, I prefer it to Yorkshire (the fact I am in Bolton has nothing to do with this, honest!!)

Although as my tastebuds have changed I've started liking Earl Grey. Used to put a spot of milk in it and wasn't overly enthused by it. Amusingly, the waiter forgot the milk for my cup at a hotel in Cottbus so I just decided to drink it black and wondered what the **** I'd been missing all these years. Basically, a waiter forgetting something taught me something new about tea.

If you're in Germany, Althaus and Ronnefeldt brands usually hit the mark.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, nobody wants you to advance on them, we get it. 

Cut the bit out about not mentioning me, bless.

you are obsessed, and in good company with 5 or 6 others on here.

get a life mate, sad little tw@ 😂

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Who knew the guy with a Pepe the frog avatar might be a bit of a ****? Shocked I tell you, SHOCKED.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Who knew the guy with a Pepe the frog avatar might be a bit of a ****? Shocked I tell you, SHOCKED.

Drinking tea from a mug in the touchline is wrong and it just plain is.

none of the images above show a mug on the touchline, particularly before an abject performance that the manager didn’t care we got embarrassed in.

it’s the wrong message, it’s lackadaisical. It’s Vanilla Dean Smith all over.

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

Ffs, just clicked on you. I’m moving up the list. Genuine accident 

Check out the list of usual suspects on there now

all “accidental clicks” of course 😂

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Check out the list of usual suspects on there now

all “accidental clicks” of course 😂

Funnily enough while I was there I did have a scan, curiosity got the better of me. I was unsurprised by the names I saw tbf. Take it as a compliment 😉

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Funnily enough while I was there I did have a scan, curiosity got the better of me. I was unsurprised by the names I saw tbf. Take it as a compliment 😉

What do you call a bunch of obsessed posters? A gaggle? A school? A flock? Not sure

Just now, The Real Buh said:

What do you call a bunch of obsessed posters? A gaggle? A school? A flock? Not sure

A Misery, a stalk, a Kathy Bates? 

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

A Misery, a stalk, a Kathy Bates? 

There’s plenty of Bates’in going on with these guys, if you catch my drift…

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

none of the images above show a mug on the touchline, particularly before an abject performance that the manager didn’t care we got embarrassed in.

This is such a weird thread and who really cares what the manager is drinking? 

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

This is such a weird thread and who really cares what the manager is drinking? 

It’s not what he’s drinking, it’s the way he’s drinking it.

have you ever seen any manager on a touchline before a game all casual drinking a mug of tea, Shaking hands alls well “hey Deano good to see you again”, then we lost like 6-0 or something and he couldn’t have cared less.

It’s that lack of standards and the lack of consequence to last seasons embarrassing finale that really grated me. The board particularly got away with it scot-free.

other clubs go down in the fashion we did, particularly multiple failed attempts at this point, and the fanbase would have started tearing chairs up and demanding change. 

The response required was root and stem change in the way this club is lead and we got a new canary logo

Buh doesn’t need me to defend him, but I honestly see some of his point. I am openly a Smith supporter this season and I don’t feel him going would be what’s needed for right now at all. I do think though that we missed an opportunity to do a bit of spring cleaning following last year. BUT I do think that to get what we need for the change we need in the least damaging/risky way is to wait. That waiting is not long term whatsoever but is does require this seasons worth of patience. Plan A for me is go up, get a windfall of cash, Attansio comes in and S&J get a deserved applause before a probably right timed send off. This paved the way for new thinking and a new approach from a strong base, which although DS may be able to do I doubt it. Plan B is more unpleasant, but result the same. We don’t go up, DS goes and S&J plus Stu have no choice but to carry the can and admit the model has taken us as far as it is able. Big Mike gets the thumbs up and new thinking comes in that way, just with a smaller starting pot to enact. Buh wants change that benefits the club long term, just maybe disagrees with the timeline this happens in. Has a sense of humour many don’t like or get, but gives me a chuckle and largely only ever gets more derisory once someone gets personal first from my reading. I think a few take the jibes personally and I’ve been on the end of a few, but it’s no worse than the banter my mates throw my way which is all just tongue in cheek but lively disagreement. 

Lots of jibes brought up about the mug, which he ranted about months ago in a short time frame and was a funny way to highlight he feels DS is not showing he cares about us. I get that and I don’t think he is as invested in us as we would like and as we have had. It’s others keep bringing in the mug comments and focus on the actual ‘mug’ aspect to make the valid concern seem like a lunatics ravings. Truth is after the pile on of mockery Buh just gives back as good as he gets for a topic he isn’t even bringing up anymore. 

It’s literally a reasonable difference of opinion where the delivery is being criticised. Buh has acquired delivery I get it, but please can responders focus on what the point is to debate that rather than the vehicle? 

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Doesn't it send the message that Dean Smith doesn't use unrecyclable plastic lined hot drinks cups if he can avoid it.

Sounds like a good message to me.