Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Brendan Rodgers is going to be available soon

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

If he would - Would you?

Nope, he's odd, that vid of him welcoming Suarez to Liverpool  creeps me out. Aaaanyway if they boot him out he'll go somewhere semi glam. 

Absolutely not.

He's too democratic, which is why the novelty wears off a few seasons into a job and he loses control.

The Leicester players vote for who they want as captain and they have a 'players council' which makes decisions.

We don't need that, we need a manager who isn't afraid of putting a rocket up their backsides. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's a fraud, but rather that his unconventional techniques can be effective in the short term but he's consistently shown that they don't work in the longer term.

15 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Nigel Worthington’s cousin - keeping’ it in the family !!

Well, I never knew that.👍

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Absolutely not.

He's too democratic, which is why the novelty wears off a few seasons into a job and he loses control.

The Leicester players vote for who they want as captain and they have a 'players council' which makes decisions.

We don't need that, we need a manager who isn't afraid of putting a rocket up their backsides. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's a fraud, but rather that his unconventional techniques can be effective in the short term but he's consistently shown that they don't work in the longer term.

Didn't Smith bring in a player council type thing when he joined Us? I'm sure I read it was something he introduced at Villa first 

1 minute ago, glory.win or die. said:

Didn't Smith bring in a player council type thing when he joined Us? I'm sure I read it was something he introduced at Villa first 

I think that's why we're playing 6 different tactical setups at once. Nothing to do with pragmatism as a lot of people like to label it as.

• Haha 1

No. We dived in last time with the first out of work manager we could find. Our next choice needs to be more discerning and strategic thinking than what we have now.

Not saying Rodgers can't be that, but he needs time out the game for a while.

I don't think we dived in with the first out of work manager. As I understood it when he lost the Villa job he became the highest available manager on Webber's list.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Absolutely not.

I find that a little harsh. 

If you look at his last four jobs:

Swansea: Was there for two seasons and did brilliantly. Certainly didn't lose control, poached by Liverpool.

Liverpool: Bit harsh to say he lost control. I think 'lost Suarez' was more the issue.

Celtic: Had three seasons there and was still dominating when he left for Leicester.

Leicester: Excellent for two years and should've qualified for the Champions League twice, before late blowouts cost them. But he has certainly lost control. They're a mess.

He's still going to get a Premier League (or equivalent) job next though because of the work he has done previously. He comes across as a bit of a creepy fella at times but I rate him as a coach.

50 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

No. We dived in last time with the first out of work manager we could find. Our next choice needs to be more discerning and strategic thinking than what we have now.

Not saying Rodgers can't be that, but he needs time out the game for a while.

He’ll need time out to count his compensation money, still has a contact at Leicester until 2025. 

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’ll need time out to count his compensation money, still has a contact at Leicester until 2025. 

And he's one of the highest paid coaches in the league, isn't he? He earns about £10m a year.

If you listen to some of his recent interviews, he almost sounds like he's inviting the owners to sack him.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And he's one of the highest paid coaches in the league, isn't he? He earns about £10m a year.

If you listen to some of his recent interviews, he almost sounds like he's inviting the owners to sack him.

£200,000 a week and yes it seems like he’s begging for the sack. Forest at home next, if he’s still there it’s going to get very feisty indeed. The home fans now hate him. 

Have I missed something? As much as I, among many it seems, am not a fan of Deano, there is no way in the world he is going to be leaving unless we go on a dramatic run of defeats.

Because of our recent history, parachute payments and bigger and better squad, winning has become the only objective it seems. We are already discussing next season as if we are promoted.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Ted Rogers?

Sure, he always laughed at the (Dusty) Binners.

3-2-1.

Joker Hysterical Face!

Ted Rogers' brains burn in hell (5)
Ted Rogers' brains burn in hell
And there's no cure so find a case for it
There's no cure so find a case for it
Let's face it, you don't make the same mistake twice (2x)

Just now, shefcanary said:

Joker Hysterical Face!

Ted Rogers' brains burn in hell (5)
Ted Rogers' brains burn in hell
And there's no cure so find a case for it
There's no cure so find a case for it
Let's face it, you don't make the same mistake twice (2x)

Amazing, the Pre-Cog ME Smith (of The Fall - some on here might know the relevance of all this 😉) had. He even wrote a song 40 years ago knowing Norwich fans would be debating something totally hypothetical, rather than just getting behind the team. The man's genius knows no bounds. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He [MES] also put us in one of his videos, blink and you'll miss it though. 🤣

On Rodgers, we couldn't even afford the dentistry bills. 😬

Apples

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Have I missed something? As much as I, among many it seems, am not a fan of Deano, there is no way in the world he is going to be leaving unless we go on a dramatic run of defeats.

Because of our recent history, parachute payments and bigger and better squad, winning has become the only objective it seems. We are already discussing next season as if we are promoted.

Tbf winning should be the only objective, no? 

But yeah, Rodgers won’t come here because we’re not losing and couldn’t afford him even if we were.

Not convinced Dean is the man long term, personally, there’s a caretaker feel at the moment. But as long as he’s getting points consistently, he’s got his chance to get better and prove otherwise.

I do  hope it’s either that, or a relatively painless separation and match-made-in-heaven type replacement. Just don’t want a detrimental run of results mediocrity to develop, wiping out promotion hopes while he gets benefit of the doubt

17 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't think we dived in with the first out of work manager. As I understood it when he lost the Villa job he became the highest available manager on Webber's list.

Makes you wonder who was on that list when the decision to sack Farke was made then. Looks like amateur hour all around to sack a manager without a genuine option in mind 

• Like 1

So if Rodgers goes, I suppose Smith will be first choice! I mean some on here are all about Facts and given he’s improved our team and performances by a country mile from Farke, he must be a shore bet to take over! He’s the best manager outside the Premier league! I will miss him, hope we get decent compensation!👍😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

So if Rodgers goes, I suppose Smith will be first choice! I mean some on here are all about Facts and given he’s improved our team and performances by a country mile from Farke, he must be a shore bet to take over! He’s the best manager outside the Premier league! I will miss him, hope we get decent compensation!👍😉

Couple of new nets and a bag of footballs should cover it 

• Like 1