Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

At least McLean sees the funny side

I will get him a free taxi to Glasgow Rangers the man shouldn’t be putting on a green and yellow shirt 

4 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

I will get him a free taxi to Glasgow Rangers the man shouldn’t be putting on a green and yellow shirt 

Frankly he is the best we have in that position right now.

Lungi and Gibbs are out, Hayden or w.e his name is from Newcastle will never wear the shirt so really Kenny is the only option.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Kenny played as if he was wearing someone else's boots today. Possibly a clown's...

Come on Nutty, you know my feelings on Kenny, today was just par for the course. They were his boots as usual. 😉

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I thought Mclean was one of the best performers against Huddersfield. Other days he plays like a colour blind nonce who forgets his team mates are playing in yellow

Edited by Mullet

Struggled today but considering how poor Sara looked, without Mclean during this run we'd almost certainly not be looking at 19/21 points.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Come on Nutty, you know my feelings on Kenny, today was just par for the course. They were his boots as usual. 😉

Of course but that's the difference between us. I see the good, the bad but try not to comment on the ugly 😉

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

McLean has done well this year . Out of position , wants the ball by making himself available , we would be a lot worse without him given the injuries. 

Oh, I'll bite. He is currently our DCM.  He just doesn't make himself available when the defence has the ball in our penalty area. He just hides behind one of their attackers instead of making himself available for quick one two's to inject pace and help break the press. So frustrating.

Then he  does make himself available as we transition, but then he should be setting himself as the holding midfielder and not pushing forward. So frustrating.

Edited by shefcanary

GPB is right, Kenny did make himself available more than Wednesday. But that was due to setting up differently. I'm glad I was there to see it instead of trying to score some sort of pointless forum cred on the match thread. 😉

16 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Oh, I'll bite. He is currently our DCM.  He just doesn't make himself available when the defence has the ball in our penalty area. He just hides behind one of their attackers instead of making himself available for quick one two's to inject pace and help break the press. So frustrating.

Then he  does make himself available as we transition, but then he should be setting himself as the holding midfielder and not pushing forward. So frustrating.

Ok. Farke ( professional football coach) , Smith (professional football coach) , Steve Clarke (international professional football coach) all rate him. Some Norwich fans don’t . 
As many have said , it is about opinions

20 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ok. Farke ( professional football coach) , Smith (professional football coach) , Steve Clarke (international professional football coach) all rate him. Some Norwich fans don’t . 
As many have said , it is about opinions

It is. And those coaches are I admit working with a hand that doesn't always seem dealt fairly. As Nutty always says, so who would you play in DCM and that is the problem.

I was watching McLean this afternoon and wondering how he constantly gets on the team sheet and why is he not substituted when it is obvious that he is having a nightmare of a game. Today was another display of him being two yards too slow and only one brain cell operating. To take 4 or 5 or 6 touches just to pass it square or backwards, often back to the player who had just given it to him or perhaps for a little variation, straight to the opposition, just slows the game and destroys any chance of pressing forwards. It was a dire performance and he should have been yanked at half time. Perhaps the McLean plan was to bore West Brom into a state of coma  along with the supporters? Worst game I have attended for a long time , and McLean was the very worst of a bad lot.

Edited by kenfoggo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Think I saw Cantwell hiding yesterday too, stayed near the West Brom man rather than making himself available for the ball, no room for passengers if we are intending to win promotion. He was class the game before though. 

He’s looked better at left back this season. At this level he is a fantastic squad player who can cover a multitude of positions but we should be passed the days of him starting every game. I think we will be once Gibbs and Hayden are both back fit as they will be out middle 2 hopefully with Nunez ahead of them. 

To paraphrase a comment made about James Milner

'The answer always seems to be Kenny McLean. Still trying to work out the question.'

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, shefcanary said:

He actively hides up. Watch him and him only and it is very obvious. I've done it myself on a day when I didn't fancy it! I know the signs...

he must have something that consecutive managers see, and so I'll have him in the team if they say so.  However yesterday it was clear he is not a playmaker. Toothless, not incisive, didn't have anything fast about his play sadly (and yet no one else in our team was looking to grab the game by the scruff of the neck)

Hiding up is a ridiculous criticism. Kenny actually gets stick because he is so visible all the time.

I'm sure @shefcanary was bitterly disappointed in Nunez (37 passes) and Sara (18 passes). They will never make one a minute. While apparently hiding Kenny made himself available enough to make 72 passes with 79% accuracy.

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Think I saw Cantwell hiding yesterday too, stayed near the West Brom man rather than making himself available for the ball, no room for passengers if we are intending to win promotion. He was class the game before though. 

Unless I'm missing a sarcastic joke, seems a bit harsh to have a go at Todd based on a six-minute substitute appearance

• Like 1