Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

SamByram de Janeiro

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Nothing to say actually, Im just really pleased with my thread title...

Seriously though, were the boos at full time from us?

West brom are 21st in the table, we made them look like Barcelona in prime, we were that bad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Boos aimed at the ref and our performance.

We were crap, Smith out 

JFC

Is there any club in the Birmingham area (or North East actually) that Steve Bruce hasnt managed? Why do clubs keep giving him a job??

Also the commentator said Norwich's game plan seemed to be Bounce it off Byram. Is that a budget version of Bend it like Beckham?

10 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Nothing to say actually, Im just really pleased with my thread title...

Seriously though, were the boos at full time from us?

Yes, they were aimed at us and Smith. Dreadful performance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes, they were aimed at us and Smith. Dreadful performance. 

They weren't aimed at Smith at all. We spent most of the game singing Dean Smiths yellow army in the barclay.

When a team plays badly its not always booing at the manager hahahaah 😅

6 wins in a row = proves nothing

1 draw = SMITH OUT

Pathetic but hilariously so, so will let it pass 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hogesar said:

They weren't aimed at Smith at all. We spent most of the game singing Dean Smiths yellow army in the barclay.

When a team plays badly its not always booing at the manager hahahaah 😅

6 wins in a row = proves nothing

1 draw = SMITH OUT

Pathetic but hilariously so, so will let it pass 😅

Did you do conduct a survey of the thousands that booed? Or do you want us to believe the boos were aimed at a ref who allowed us an equaliser that should probably have been scrubbed? Is that today's party line?

But come on hoggy, we have been crap.

Tell me when in the last 4 we have looked the part?

Coventry we switch off, Bristol we were ****e, today we are just crap 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Did you do conduct a survey of the thousands that booed? Or do you want us to believe the boos were aimed at a ref who allowed us an equaliser that should probably have been scrubbed? Is that today's party line?

Did you conduct a survey then? As you suggested my boos were aimed at Smith.

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

SHUSH! 6 WINS A ROW! KENNY IS PIRLO. SMITH IS GUARDIOLA.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

We haven't been crap, we were poor today though.

God knows what the likes of Watford who finished above us last season think of their team and manager. We win 6 in a row and the staunch Smith haters say we've been crap!

Just now, hogesar said:

Did you conduct a survey then? As you suggested my boos were aimed at Smith.

So you did boo a ref who gifted a draw? Interesting. That explains a fair bit actually. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

We haven't been crap, we were poor today though.

God knows what the likes of Watford who finished above us last season think of their team and manager. We win 6 in a row and the staunch Smith haters say we've been crap!

Norwich have an off day and it’s bed sheets at dawn. The last few years have ramped up expectations, they truly have. We have become like Arsenal / Newcastle fans of the Championship. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

West brom are 21st in the table, we made them look like Barcelona in prime, we were that bad. 

Brom have the highest number of shots in the division and lost the same number of games as us. Generally been regarded as unlucky not to turn draws in to wins.

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

So you did boo a ref who gifted a draw? Interesting. That explains a fair bit actually. 

I booed the team for a poor performance, and the ref for letting West Brom time waste for 70 minutes and not add it on at the end.

Whilst you boo at a manager who wins 6 in a row. That explains far, far more 😅

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I booed the team for a poor performance, and the ref for letting West Brom time waste for 70 minutes and not add it on at the end.

Whilst you boo at a manager who wins 6 in a row. That explains far, far more 😅

Yes, that I can be a bit more nuanced than just looking at wins against **** teams. That's what it explains, but I suspect you deduce something else. Am I right?

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Yes, that I can be a bit more nuanced than just looking at wins against **** teams. That's what it explains, but I suspect you deduce something else. Am I right?

Spot on. I deduce someone who's incapable of any sort of reasonable analysis because you decided early on he wasn't as attractive as Farke and the concept of back peddling is top much for your incredibly fragile ego.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Spot on. I deduce someone who's incapable of any sort of reasonable analysis because you decided early on he wasn't as attractive as Farke and the concept of back peddling is top much for your incredibly fragile ego.

A good point, although rendered completely null and void by the fact that if you are inclined to waste your life in the PinkUn search function, like certain posters on here love to do, you'll probably find I was similarly irked by Farke in his first season, and yet here we are.

Bizarre that, as back peddling "is too [sic] much" for my incredibly fragile ego. Really weird. Doesn't really sit with your viewpoint does it? So that's something else for your cognitive dissonance to deal with.

I would love to be proven as wrong about Farke as I am about Smith. But the evidence I'm seeing, even one that includes 6 wins that were either against literally bottom of the table teams or scraped wins against teams that were unlucky to not get all 3 points, is that it's very unlikely. That's before you look at the fact that Smith has never led a team to higher than 5th in the Championship, despite a career at this level exclusively with promotion-fancied sides.

Believe me, I'd love to be able to ignore all that and believe we're destined to stay top two until May. Ignorance is indeed bliss; I wasn't gifted with a simple enough mind.

18 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Norwich have an off day and it’s bed sheets at dawn. The last few years have ramped up expectations, they truly have. We have become like Arsenal / Newcastle fans of the Championship. 

Worse.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

A good point, although rendered completely null and void by the fact that if you are inclined to waste your life in the PinkUn search function, like certain posters on here love to do, you'll probably find I was similarly irked by Farke in his first season, and yet here we are.

Bizarre that, as back peddling "is too [sic] much" for my incredibly fragile ego. Really weird. Doesn't really sit with your viewpoint does it? So that's something else for your cognitive dissonance to deal with.

I would love to be proven as wrong about Farke as I am about Smith. But the evidence I'm seeing, even one that includes 6 wins that were either against literally bottom of the table teams or scraped wins against teams that were unlucky to not get all 3 points, is that it's very unlikely. That's before you look at the fact that Smith has never led a team to higher than 5th in the Championship, despite a career at this level exclusively with promotion-fancied sides.

Believe me, I'd love to be able to ignore all that and believe we're destined to stay top two until May. Ignorance is indeed bliss; I wasn't gifted with a simple enough mind.

You think you'd learn then, after getting Farke so horrifically wrong by your own admission, that you'd keep your clearly wrong thoughts on football managers quiet.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You think you'd learn then, after getting Farke so horrifically wrong by your own admission, that you'd keep your clearly wrong thoughts on football managers quiet.

This is another example of your lack of nuance. I was wrong about Farke, ergo I must always be wrong. Trouble is, I was right about Roeder pretty much from the off, same with Hamilton and even thought Hughton wasn't the right man despite him guiding us to our highest EPL finish since 1993. I suspect people like you were unable to look beyond that. We finished 11th, highest for years, therefore he must be the right man. Just like all humans, we get some stuff wrong and some stuff right.

Hopefully my opinion on Smith is another of the many examples where I've been wrong about something. Sadly, the overall evidence (beyond the "6 wInS iN a RoW jUsT sHuT uP wIlL yOu" school/kindergarten of thought)  suggests that he's probably on for another 5th placed at best finish, as is his peak at this level, despite the exclusively promotion-fancied clubs he's managed in the Championship.

Edited by canarydan23

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Sadly, the overall evidence (beyond the "6 wInS iN a RoW jUsT sHuT uP wIlL yOu" school/kindergarten of thought)  suggests that he's probably on for another 5th placed at best finish, as is his peak at this level, despite the exclusively promotion-fancied clubs he's managed in the Championship.

In the season he finished fifth and subsequently won the playoffs, he actually took over Villa when they were 15th after 12 games, so that's a little misleading. 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

In the season he finished fifth and subsequently won the playoffs, he actually took over Villa when they were 15th after 12 games, so that's a little misleading. 

Yeah, and they were just 3 points behind the team that won the league (remember them?).

53 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Is there any evidence that Guardiola is actually a good manager.

Isn't he just the manager of the team with the biggest budget in the country, and hasn't that been the case in every job he's had.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is there any evidence that Guardiola is actually a good manager.

Isn't he just the manager of the team with the biggest budget in the country, and hasn't that been the case in every job he's had.

Can't argue with that logic TVB, have thought the same myself many times. Would he transform us into Prem winners with our resources? Absolutely not!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

Can't argue with that logic TVB, have thought the same myself many times. Would he transform us into Prem winners with our resources? Absolutely not!

Just feels like he never earned his stripes, unlike Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson who cut their teeth at smaller clubs and achieved success before managing a giant.

I feel the same about Zidane. What would be achieve at say Brighton or Southampton.

57 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Win win win win win win - but we're playing crap and don't deserve to be winning, booooo

Draw or lose - its a results business, booooo

After 10 games in 2018, we had 17 points and had produced some very poor performances including the battle at the bottom vs the binners, which was as bad as today. Ive never understood the inpatient ramblings over the years. In 18/19 there were positives to see (and in the season before) as there are now (being 2nd in the league for one.) Frustration at the game, yes. Satisfied with the result, yes. Happy with our league position, absolutely.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just feels like he never earned his stripes, unlike Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson who cut their teeth at smaller clubs and achieved success before managing a giant.

I feel the same about Zidane. What would be achieve at say Brighton or Southampton.

Yep, spot on. Feels like any semi-competent manager from the top leagues across Europe could walk into Man City and still win the league. Far less about the manager and his skills/tactics than the size of the club's wallet and ability to cherry-pick the absolute best players around.