Herman

Lapps Match Thread without Chicken

So long as we stay on track for promotion, this whole season is an opportunity to experiment to work out what will do best for us in the Premier League; that means trying stuff to see if it works, or maybe even trying stuff again that didn't work out to see if it can develop.

Seriously, every time we're losing we get subjected to that boring phrase 'it's a results business'.

Well, it's a results business, and the results are going well for us, so chill and let them experiment.

9 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Sorry only you can help yourself out

In this case I can't. I can empathise with most things, but I deeply struggle with stupidity.

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Absolutely insane post

infuriating that you can have the opinion “I’ll happily take a point” against a Steve Bruce managed West Brom

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No idea what you're on about. His remit is to get us promoted this season with a squad that contains players who have been relegated twice and might be mentally fragile. So far he is delivering on that.

Why don't you tell me all about the awful hoofball we were going to play all season??

I'm quite happy to tell you about the awful hoofball we played today. Look at the game again. How many times do we fart around at the back and then launch the ball up to the edge of their penalty area? We had no midfield today and made no attempt to play through the midfield. It was clueless, shapeless dross.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Are we really 2nd in the league and 7 unbeaten ??

Even though I have been a critic of Smith I still think some of our fans need to get a grip.

image.png.37d355d9a4e43dadf760d070c2d58bc3.png

3 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Was the right call ,should have been off sooner

We were chasing the game. What if we got a free kick in a very dangerous area?

If you are as a team mentally fragile, and there’s been plenty of trauma especially last season, you look to good leadership when things get difficult

our leadership, on and off the pitch, is horrendous and should have been addressed before now.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Nope. Mental.

Kenny gets all the **** but his pass completion was better than Nunez today but Nunez gets no criticism 

Nunez 6 long balls today only 1 was accurate, 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I'm quite happy to tell you about the awful hoofball we played today. Look at the game again. How many times do we fart around at the back and then launch the ball up to the edge of their penalty area? We had no midfield today and made no attempt to play through the midfield. It was clueless, shapeless dross.

As I've said before and been ridiculed, McLean just ignores the role he is supposed to play in this system. He has to come short to give the defence a bounce ball when we have possession in our penalty area to change the angle and provide space for the next pass forward, but instead he stands still heavily marked and pointing, abrogating responsibility. Our defenders then get in a tiz and either give the ball up or punt it forward to no-one. In a way I blame Hanley partly for this, if he were a true captain he'd let McLean know this and get him to help him out. 

I haven't mentioned Smith & Shakey but really, you'd expect they can see this too!

Edited by shefcanary

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Would his free kicks be better than the shots he took that went over the bar

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

Would his free kicks be better than the shots he took that went over the bar

Possibly not. But at least we know that he *can* deliver a killer free-kick.

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If you are as a team mentally fragile, and there’s been plenty of trauma especially last season, you look to good leadership when things get difficult

our leadership, on and off the pitch, is horrendous and should have been addressed before now.

Coming from behind in games and 19 points out of the last possible 21; sure signs of mental fragility. 🙄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Coming from behind in games and 19 points out of the last possible 21; sure signs of mental fragility. 🙄

Let’s just not talk about it and carry on exactly how we have been then

very wise

19 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

McLean would have taken it 😂

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

How about playing as if you had lost six in a row? Is that a sign of mental fragility?

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

How about playing as if you had lost six in a row? Is that a sign of mental fragility?

That's a sign of an off day; maybe even a little bit of complacency after an excellent run. Nothing to get the knickers in a twist about.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Yeah, so maybe take off players who are playing very poorly, rather than just poorly? And put on the better players from your bench as well? Radical idea, I know.

Like who? I assume we agree that Gibson wouldn't have made any difference, so we're talking about attackers / midfielders. Whom would you take off / bring on? Sara had already gone off for Hernandez (and rightly so), that leaves Pukki, Sargent, Ramsey, McLean and Nunez. What's the radical plan?

Pukki and Sargent were not playing worse than Nunez - and are the only ones who appear to be able to find the net. Ramsey was not playing well but he was the best of a bad bunch, definitely better than Nunez in this game (I think Nunez is normally very good and think he could become the Emi replacement). McLean was the worst of a bad bunch but who could you take him off for? We had nobody capable of performing the role he was (badly) performing and they would likely do it even worse. Can you imagine Cantwell, Dowell or Sinani trying to do that role (or Nunez or Ramsey)? We were bad enough already.

34 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Can't agree with Bethnal there, Bristol were better for a start. 

WBA are out of sorts and clearly came to defend with ten players. It was amazing that despite our experienced management team they did not seem to have a clue how to deal with it. How on earth they could just stand there and watch our defenders continually just pass the ball to each other without creating any threat was inept. Mc lean saw a lot of the ball but just passed it square every time.

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Almost as amazed as when we got 3 points on Wednesday.

Once teams see past our reputation and realise we're actually there for the taking, rather than a team they're happy to get a point from, we're ****ed.

Saving this one for the end of the season. 😉

50 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Can't agree with Bethnal there, Bristol were better for a start. 

I do agree, the problem today was we made West Brom look good whereas Bristol actually put us under the cuff

Edited by AJ

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Why would you care what I think 😂

I like to include you in my thoughts. I will say that I’m not a regular visitor to your page though. I reckon I may have clicked it once or twice to work out what your picture is. Can you confirm. I don’t want to be accused of stalker status 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Changing the subject slightly, is anyone else getting irritated how easily Hanley goes down? Yes I know it's the modern way blah blah blah. 

He was a rock compared to West Brom, the fragile feckers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Kenny gets all the **** but his pass completion was better than Nunez today but Nunez gets no criticism 

Nunez 6 long balls today only 1 was accurate, 

Nunez and Sara were downright awful. Kenny is out of position. Ramsey is a kid. So who was on the left of midfield? Nobody half the time. Remember Sykes having so much space on Wednesday. 

To be honest, I am beginning to wonder about our signings. They ought to hit the ground running in the Championship but they aren't. Absolutely no consistency. Surely they ought to able to string a few good performances together.