Sign in to follow this  
Foggo_on_the wing

Protests etc.

I may be mistaken, but it seems a few people might be a tad upset with our form and the manager''s part in it.

Well, so am I, and we all have a right to our opinions.

Write all you want on the message boards, protest outside the ground, go to Mr Blower''s sad little gathering and rant, but please not inside the ground.

There have been some crazy suggestions on this board by so-called supporters about not supporting the side. That will do nobody any good. If you want to be called a supporter then support the team at the game. If you want to be a customer then take your custom elsewhere.

i find your ''true supporter'' advice patronising.  a decent display will produce a decent atmosphere inside the ground, we all go to be entertained - nobody wants to see below-par performances, least of all the board and worthy at present.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

I may be mistaken, but it seems a few people might be a tad upset with our form and the manager''s part in it.

Well, so am I, and we all have a right to our opinions.

Write all you want on the message boards, protest outside the ground, go to Mr Blower''s sad little gathering and rant, but please not inside the ground.

There have been some crazy suggestions on this board by so-called supporters about not supporting the side. That will do nobody any good. If you want to be called a supporter then support the team at the game. If you want to be a customer then take your custom elsewhere.

[/quote]

Supporters want what is best for the club.

Many supporters belive that sacking Worthy is the best thing for the club.

Therefore they choose to express their support in whatever they wish, and are perfectly entitled to, especially those who have paid to get inside the ground and witness the bloody awful ''football'' we have played this season.

Yes, a very patronsing post. I pay my money, I have supported this team for years, I have a right to voice my opinion - BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO MY FOOTBALL CLUB.

You are entitled to sit on the fence, that doesn''t make you a better supporter.

Supporting your football club doesn''t mean you have to put up with whatever the club/team do.

I have never booed a player in a city shirt, and I have travelled all around the country to see my team lose, giving up precious time and money to do so. Therefore I clearly support my team and I am entitled to my opinion.

If we got relegated to the conference (which I pray never happens!!) I would still go week in week out, and would still care enough to speak out.

I think most of the people on this forum care about what happens to OUR team.  I wasn''t saying that you don''t have a right to voice your opinion, neither was I sitting on the fence or claiming to be a better supporter. I clearly said I wasn''t happy with the situation.

I was merely suggesting that some of the things suggested in this forum for inside the ground (like not singing) will be counter-productive for the team. they need all the support they can get.

I understand your point, but I have little enthuiasm for the team the way they are currently playing and it''s not as if we have anything left to play for, We are destined for mid-table this year. If we were fighting relegation or promotion it would be different.

And if the noise and support inside the ground was the same as before, the board wouldn''t care about any protest outside, they would just continue to say it was a small minority.

I''m not happy about this situation, but something has to be done, and I can''t just cheer along my team like everything is OK. This season has just been so depressing. We have finished lower in the table before, but then we didn''t have the players we have now, the relative financial security, the attendances and support.

We deserve better

[quote user="Nutkin McV"]I understand your point, but I have little enthuiasm for the team the way they are currently playing and it''s not as if we have anything left to play for, We are destined for mid-table this year. If we were fighting relegation or promotion it would be different. And if the noise and support inside the ground was the same as before, the board wouldn''t care about any protest outside, they would just continue to say it was a small minority. I''m not happy about this situation, but something has to be done, and I can''t just cheer along my team like everything is OK. This season has just been so depressing. We have finished lower in the table before, but then we didn''t have the players we have now, the relative financial security, the attendances and support. We deserve better[/quote]

We all want the team to do well but the booing of our own players can not in any way support that arguement.A lot of people on this site have been saying we should use more accadamy players but when Hendo plays he gets booed. I want changes but I cant accept an atmosphere when clearly a lot of supporters are hoping we will lose so that the protests will increase. I dont think thats the way forward. We surely must support the team when they are wining in a game and putting together the odd bit of good football, most of it has been crap this year but there have been the odd shafts of light, albeit against poor opposition, player confidence is key and if we keep getting on their backs things will only get worse.I dont know what the answer is but not supporting your team when your at home cant be it.  

[quote user="yellowmg"]

[quote user="Nutkin McV"]I understand your point, but I have little enthuiasm for the team the way they are currently playing and it''s not as if we have anything left to play for, We are destined for mid-table this year. If we were fighting relegation or promotion it would be different. And if the noise and support inside the ground was the same as before, the board wouldn''t care about any protest outside, they would just continue to say it was a small minority. I''m not happy about this situation, but something has to be done, and I can''t just cheer along my team like everything is OK. This season has just been so depressing. We have finished lower in the table before, but then we didn''t have the players we have now, the relative financial security, the attendances and support. We deserve better[/quote]

We all want the team to do well but the booing of our own players can not in any way support that arguement.A lot of people on this site have been saying we should use more accadamy players but when Hendo plays he gets booed. I want changes but I cant accept an atmosphere when clearly a lot of supporters are hoping we will lose so that the protests will increase. I dont think thats the way forward. We surely must support the team when they are wining in a game and putting together the odd bit of good football, most of it has been crap this year but there have been the odd shafts of light, albeit against poor opposition, player confidence is key and if we keep getting on their backs things will only get worse.I dont know what the answer is but not supporting your team when your at home cant be it.  

[/quote]

For Gods sake! How many times do people have to be told? We are protesting outside the ground on Saturday for the sake of OUR club and OUR team and how they are both progressing. This is not a dig at the players, it''s about what is happening to this GREAT club of OURS on the pitch. As for what someone sarcastically called "Roy Blowers rant" is nothing like that. This is a meeting where fans of OUR club can come together and put forward any views/ideas which can help to propel the club forward, and I trust that yourself and other like minded people will come along and put your views across as well.

Id agree if we were fighting to avoid relegation or we were on the edge of the playoffs but quite frankly the season is over...I believe that most real supporters now want change and it may be that protests inside the ground may be the only protest that the board cant ignore....as for your arguement about affecting the performance of the team I think quite frankly that its a myth...vociferous support against the scum brought defeat...a church quite atmosphere against Brighton brought victory...