Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The view from the opposition

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I quite like Albion fans, realistic and a friendly bunch. 5/4 Norwich is a steal, we’re playing them at the perfect time. 

T

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I quite like Albion fans, realistic and a friendly bunch. 5/4 Norwich is a steal, we’re playing them at the perfect time. 

True, went to Hawthorns in 79 with a baggies mate , they were playing Fulham, I got a frosty reception until I explained that my accent was because I was from Norfolk, not London. After that , it was laughs and smiles. Seems no one outside of London likes Londoners.

• Like 1

Best mate is a baggies fan and season ticket holder. He’s not impressed with the amount of chances they are rent taking at the moment and the defending (Bartley especially)

Golfing mate is a Baggie. He never wanted Bruce and still hasn't got over a club that sacked a manager when they were fourth in the table. Thinks the Chinese owners are only there to make money, They don't go to games and don't spend a lot.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Golfing mate is a Baggie. He never wanted Bruce and still hasn't got over a club that sacked a manager when they were fourth in the table. Thinks the Chinese owners are only there to make money, They don't go to games and don't spend a lot.

It constantly baffles me that people think you can make money out of a football club. I don't mean you KG, I mean the Chinese people. 

I can see it's possible with a really big club, especially if we get a European League but with clubs the size of WBA and Norwich I struggle to see it. Has anyone ever managed it? I mean in the current era, not when Robert Chase was about. 

This is why the Delia outers drive me mental. 
Lets get Delia to sell up to a bunch of owners who couldnt give a rats **** about football and want to just make some money.

I am honestly loathed that we let this yank in, and no i dont mean Josh.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

This is why the Delia outers drive me mental. 
Lets get Delia to sell up to a bunch of owners who couldnt give a rats **** about football and want to just make some money.

I am honestly loathed that we let this yank in, and no i dont mean Josh.

I do not get their view either.  Our new director is making a lot of the right noises, I am fearful of the choices someone (he) may make about my club when he wants out.  Delia and Michael’s have never simply looked for the best deal for themselves (or at least outwardly) and you really can’t put a price on that.

Edited by Newtopia

By all accounts West Brom have been 'unlucky' this season. In simple terms, anyway.

They create alot and generally don't concede many chances. It could all click or maybe they just don't have the real quality required at either end of the pitch?

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

By all accounts West Brom have been 'unlucky' this season. In simple terms, anyway.

They create alot and generally don't concede many chances. It could all click or maybe they just don't have the real quality required at either end of the pitch?

They don’t defensively, very short in numbers. Apparently Wallace is there best outlet and Grant isn’t taking enough chances. My mate reckons the lad from Salford is looking extremely good

• Like 1