Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Gayety in Gala Fairydean

Another footballer coming out.

“I want to help other players who are struggling with this as it isn’t easy for men, especially footballers, to deal with,” Murray said. “It can be difficult and you can feel very alone. I knew I was different for many years but with other people in the game coming out, it’s been amazing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/16/zander-murray-comes-out-as-gay-scotland-gala-fairydean

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good for him. Mbappe is also dating a transwoman, seems its becoming more common place. Not that its really any of our business what football do in their personal lives mind

The only thing being more commonplace is people admitting to being themselves. All of the people claiming that there were no gay professional footballers were deluding themselves and I'm glad that they're now being shown this.

• Like 2

More progress, slow but sure-ish. Let’s hope the acceptance of trans happens a bit faster than acceptance of gay. Truss won’t help this much though, especially if she gets her teeth into the Equalities Act. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

More progress, slow but sure-ish. Let’s hope the acceptance of trans happens a bit faster than acceptance of gay. Truss won’t help this much though, especially if she gets her teeth into the Equalities Act. 

She'll struggle with that. She's only got 2 years.... 

• Haha 1

Good news. You'd hope Jake Daniels coming out would start a chain reaction. Slowly, but surely, it just might. Fingers crossed.

26 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

She'll struggle with that. She's only got 2 years.... 

We can hope. You sure it’s 2 years not 2 soups? 

• Haha 2

"I knew I was different". Strange quote nowadays. I'd say if you are a 14 year old lad mooning over a girl in your class, that would probably be different today.

Awaits "I am not homophobic but...."

Followed by " I don't care whether someone is black, purple or green..."

Or "I don't see colour therefore there I don't have to think about racism .."

😇

14 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

"I knew I was different". Strange quote nowadays. I'd say if you are a 14 year old lad mooning over a girl in your class, that would probably be different today.

really? do you really think that?

23 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Awaits "I am not homophobic but...."

Followed by " I don't care whether someone is black, purple or green..."

Or "I don't see colour therefore there I don't have to think about racism .."

😇

You get arrested for saying you're English these days.........

White, hetero males are the real oppressed nowadays....

etc. etc.

• Haha 2

Just now, If wed kept Howie.. said:

just surprising! 

but interesting though

Cool, I thought you were having a political dig. My view is based on conversations with my son and his mates. They thought one of their male mates mooning over one of their female classmates really wierd. At that age lads are still fixated on xbox and footie, last thing on their minds is their sexuality, whatever it actually turns out to be. But maybe my son and his mates are outliers? I don't think so....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Cool, I thought you were having a political dig. My view is based on conversations with my son and his mates. They thought one of their male mates mooning over one of their female classmates really wierd. At that age lads are still fixated on xbox and footie, last thing on their minds is their sexuality, whatever it actually turns out to be. But maybe my son and his mates are outliers? I don't think so....

Good clarification as first reading did make it sound like you'd been believing too much daily mail/express....

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

that's really interesting - never really thought about how kids focus will have changed. I think i was permanently fixated on a string of female classmates! mind you xbox wasn't around back then..

• Haha 1