Sign in to follow this  
Dennis The Menace

The Protest....Don't go.

I won''t be going, I actually quite like Worthy and want him to stay.

Reasons for him to stay.

He got us promoted.

He has brought in good players..Hucks..Ashton..Earnshaw etc.

He works well with Delia.

He loves NCFC.

He tells us after a game all that he thinks is positive and Negative..You know where you stand.

He states the commitment in the team.

He won manager of the month more than once.

He gets the best out of the players and works well with them.

He loves the supporters.

He is a good manager.

Delia loves us all and has all our best interests in mind stating..(at a football match)..Where are ya?

Delia does all our cooking and keeps us all well fed and in the money.

So why would we want Worthy out? It is disruptive changing managers

all the time, let him stay and let him get on with the job I say, you

know it makes sense.

Don''t support the protest I say and give it a wide berth.

He loves the supporters.

hahahahhahahahahah you are having a laugh!!!!!

not when Sheffield Wednesday came a sniffing he didn''t...

Reasons for him to go:

He doesn''t win football matches for norwich city anymore
He has NO IDEA what is wrong at the moment
His only solution to the problem is "HARD WORK"
There are MANY more able managers around
He has signed 4 average top useless central midfielders on the trot.
We have about 50 strikers, 50 central midfielders, 50 full backs and no wingers at the club

He gets the best out of the players!? HAHAHAHA! You must be pulling my leg, in fact you must be worthington himself!? If you think he''s getting the best out of one of the best squads in this division, you must be watching different matches to me - in fact do you even go?  

"He Got us promoted" - He also got us relegated.

"He Works well with Delia" - Wooohooo.

"You know where you stand" - Yeah like Worthington stating there were no bids for Ashton the day before he was sold, and Doncaster stating the day after that negotiations were ongoing for two weeks, you know exactly where you stand.  

"He''s brought in good players" - True, but he''s also bought in some crap. Hughes, Etuhu, Jarrett, Briggs, Rivers, Thorne etc...

"He is a good manager" - This season certainly proves that doesn''t it?

right, good reasons

now lets look at them in detail....

He got us promoted. - and got us relegated
He has brought in good players..Hucks..Ashton..Earnshaw etc. - and brought in hughes, etuhu, emblem, and many other flops
He works well with Delia. - does he really? his wife does if thats what you mean
He loves NCFC. - or is he just trying to keep his job?
He tells us after a game all that he thinks is positive and Negative..You know where you stand.- we might aswell have a tape recording of his first after match interview, none of it has changed!
He states the commitment in the team. - and slags off the players.........
He won manager of the month more than once. - and i think most managers have, look at luton!
He gets the best out of the players and works well with them. - erm... really? remember bentley, mcveigh, the long high ball to earnshaw? right best out of players..... dunno what norwich side your watching!
He loves the supporters. - and we hate him!
He is a good manager. - lucky, not good, a lucky manager

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]I won''t be going, I actually quite like Worthy and want him to stay.

Reasons for him to stay.

He got us promoted.
He loves NCFC.
He tells us after a game all that he thinks is positive and Negative..You know where you stand.
He loves the supporters.
He is a good manager.

Delia loves us all and has all our best interests in mind stating..(at a football match)..Where are ya?

So why would we want Worthy out? It is disruptive changing managers all the time, let him stay and let him get on with the job I say, you know it makes sense.

Don''t support the protest I say and give it a wide berth.[/quote]

Fans like you are the reason this football club is going to the dogs. We don''t have a hope of improvement under Nigel, and until you realise that you''ll be watching sub-standard football at Carrow Road.

He couldnt give a dam about this club, just the money.

He took us down remember!

He loves the fans, " idont care what the fans think" - doesnt add up for me

If  he works well with delia perhaps he should star in delias latest Tv programme " How to mess up a football club, part 1"

He always falls out with players, bentley, hucks eddy, mackay, etc etc. He gets the worst out of playeras

Everyone wins an award once in a while

Do you go too games, all your points are flawed?

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]I won''t be going, I actually quite like Worthy and want him to stay.

Reasons for him to stay.

He got us promoted.
He loves NCFC.
He loves the supporters.
He is a good manager.

So why would we want Worthy out? It is disruptive changing managers all the time, let him stay and let him get on with the job I say, you know it makes sense.

I smell a Troll!

Best ignore it folks

What a prize plonker!

Are you living in the real world......have you been watching the shower of s**t this season.....listening to his pathetic excuses week in and week out???

Burst the bubble you are sitting on and come down to reality....NOW.

WORTHY OUT!

Reasons for him to stay.

He got us promoted.
He loves NCFC.
He loves the supporters.
He is a good manager.

i agree with AJ but lets elborate a bit more on the points....

He got us promoted - and relegated, and if this continues will take us down again either this season or next!

for every Huckerby theres been at least 3 Clint Eastons, Zema abbeys, Desmond Tutu''s, Andy Hoof, or David Neilsens.... he has spent nearly 13 million pounds on players and only 5 or 6 have been any good.

he works well with delia??? in what way??? washes the dishes in the brasserie?

he doesnt love NCFC.. he loves the pay packet associated with NCFC... Worthy is Sheffield Wednesday to the core and makes no secret of it.

positve and Negative!!!! after every game he blames the player/fans/ref/the pitch/ the tea lady for losing!!! thats not being positive!

he doesnt state commitment... good players are stuck in the reserves in place of golden boys like Gary Holt!

he won manager of the month more than once???? so what, i once won an award at work for top sales person.. does that make me as brilliant as Worthy?

he doesnt get the best out of players.. Witness Dean Ashton playing well and scoring for West Ham.. Jim Brennan leaving and doing well at the saints, Jarrett going away on loan and being the player he was at Wigan.. whenever hucks tries to show Quality Worthy reals in the Leish.

he doesnt love the supporters, he "doesnt care what the fans think" remember?

hes about as good a manager as Gazza!

Your either an Ipswich fan or Roger Munby!

jas :)

Reasons for him to stay.

He got us promoted.
He loves NCFC.
He loves the supporters.
He is a good manager.

i agree with AJ but lets elborate a bit more on the points....

He got us promoted - and relegated, and if this continues will take us down again either this season or next!

for every Huckerby theres been at least 3 Clint Eastons, Zema abbeys, Desmond Tutu''s, Andy Hoof, or David Neilsens.... he has spent nearly 13 million pounds on players and only 5 or 6 have been any good.

he works well with delia??? in what way??? washes the dishes in the brasserie?

he doesnt love NCFC.. he loves the pay packet associated with NCFC... Worthy is Sheffield Wednesday to the core and makes no secret of it.

positve and Negative!!!! after every game he blames the player/fans/ref/the pitch/ the tea lady for losing!!! thats not being positive!

he doesnt state commitment... good players are stuck in the reserves in place of golden boys like Gary Holt!

he won manager of the month more than once???? so what, i once won an award at work for top sales person.. does that make me as brilliant as Worthy?

he doesnt get the best out of players.. Witness Dean Ashton playing well and scoring for West Ham.. Jim Brennan leaving and doing well at the saints, Jarrett going away on loan and being the player he was at Wigan.. whenever hucks tries to show Quality Worthy reals in the Leish.

he doesnt love the supporters, he "doesnt care what the fans think" remember?

hes about as good a manager as Gazza!

Your either an Ipswich fan or Roger Munby!

I dont really care who is the manger of NCFC all I want to see is the players performing well on the pitch and us winning matches Delia can be the manager as long as we get some decent results, all I will say about the Worthy OUT debate is, who is out there that will do any better job, I cant think of anyone who would be a great replacement who is not already in a job and would leave to come to us. You only have to look at Leicester who also think they are a big club and deserve to be in the Premiership trying to prize Billy Davies and Kevin Blackwell (Practically no bodys up until the last couple of seasons) out of jobs and gettin a big no thanks. Whether Worthy goes or Worthy stays we still at the matches have to try and get behind the team, I dont see any benefit to any of us spending the whole game singing Worthy out but then I wasnt at Palace 

I wont be attending the protest   

[quote user="Stuart Warren"]

I dont really care who is the manger of NCFC all I want to see is the players performing well on the pitch and us winning matches Delia can be the manager as long as we get some decent results, all I will say about the Worthy OUT debate is, who is out there that will do any better job, I cant think of anyone who would be a great replacement who is not already in a job and would leave to come to us. You only have to look at Leicester who also think they are a big club and deserve to be in the Premiership trying to prize Billy Davies and Kevin Blackwell (Practically no bodys up until the last couple of seasons) out of jobs and gettin a big no thanks. Whether Worthy goes or Worthy stays we still at the matches have to try and get behind the team, I dont see any benefit to any of us spending the whole game singing Worthy out but then I wasnt at Palace 

I wont be attending the protest   

[/quote]

WHO CAN DO A BETTER JOB!!!  we are 12th with apparantly "The best squad in the championship"  I think MANY managers could do a better job..  In fact I struggle to think of how any manager could do a worse job, considering funds available and the calibre of the players that were already here.

The problem with Worthy isn''t just the poor run of results and no-shows, it''s mainly to do with the fact that the fans can see where it''s going wrong and ultimately it''s down to him and his poor tactical decisions and (lack of) man-management.

The summer transfer dealings was a good example. Matt Svennson wanted a 2 year extension on his contract. Worthy said no because he was "too old" (29). He went on to replace him with Peter Thorne; a man who is half the player Svennson was. Thorne was given a 2 year contract and yet bizarrely, Peter Thorne is 33.

Marc Edworthy was forced out of the club because he had previously refused to sign the contract offered in the January of last year. Worthy then refused him a new contract after that and he was replaced by one of the worst right backs we''ve seen at FCR in years and a member of the "worst Forest defence in history".

Gary Holt was replaced with Andy Hughes at the expense of half a million quid and Francis was replaced by Jarrett, Robinson and Etuhu and whilst I think Etuhu will come good with a bit of proper motivation, none of them have performed.

We then replaced Dean Ashton with Earnshaw - good business in my eyes - at least until Worthy''s "master plan tactics" turned out to be "lump the ball up field and let him run after it".

I think people jumped on Worthy''s back far too quickly for my liking - the bloke has done wonders for Norwich City FC and the ill-feeling towards him in the early part of the season was not justified and didn''t help anyone. However, after witnessing the away-day no-shows at Luton, QPR, Wolves and Palace, the home defeat to the Ipswich Town youth team and his comments about "not caring what the fans think", not to mention his persistance to play Andy Hughes, his refusal to offer our Player of the Season so far and top scorer WLY a new contract and the public criticism of anyone daring to "play with flare" just about cuts the mustard. Things have turned sour and I have turned from KTF to WO.

I take it some of you don''t agree then.Well I notice there are several more threads on here saying more or less the same as me, I just can''t see how changing managers all the time is going to result in a settled team. I personally think we should get behind Worthy and give him all our support. Imagine how difficult it must be for him at the moment with you all on his back.

Reasons for him to stay.

He got us promoted.
He loves NCFC.
He loves the supporters.
He is a good manager.

Oh dennis, this isnt the chritmas annual of the beano - this is real, and whilst i respect your opinion I have to disagree

1)Promotion - agree

2)Has brought in good players (at the ratio of about 7 bad for 1 good)

3) Works well with Delia - So too would Antony Worrell-Thomson but i dont want him as manager

4) Tells us everything positive and negative ( Anyone can do that) Managers all over the leagues criticise and praise. Only Nige says the same each week though

5) He states the commitment in the team. If I told you i was the prime minister would you believe it. Do the players look committed to you, ?

6) He won MoM more than once - true,

7) Gets the best out of players, gets on well with them - Go to Colney and see what rubbish this is

8) He loves the supporters - he said on a live after match radio norfolk interview he didnt care about what the fans thought, and criticised the atmosphere, the booing and so on

9) He is a good manager - maybe he was / is, but what he''s doing is not working well for the last 18 months (apart from a few papering over the cracks wins in December and then March before then.

As much as i disagree with your post I''m not personally having a go, but I think that you are out of touch, sorry

Forgot to say this; Why call for a boycott when you are perfectly able to attend and put your points forward - why boycott a meeting that allows freedom of speech and respect to all opinions. You should tie yourself to some railings and suffer-a-jet movement and thank your lucky starts that you are able to have an opinion.

every fan is entitled to his or her own opinion - there will never be

25,000 people agreeing on whether Worthy should go or not - for what it

is worth , I think he should - five years is a long spell for a manager

at one club

I disagree re Hughes - he is a workmanlike championship footballer , he

is not a winger ( where he has polayed on numerous occasions ) he is

not skilful or a good passer ( ala Safri ) however you need a water

carrier in teh team and he is the guy to do that

at the end of teh day , the protest will make people feel better I

suppose , however  come 3.00 support teh team , and if we win we

win  - if we lose , then so what   - people die ,

people  get ill - football compared to that doesn;t matter really

does it

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]I take it some of you don''t agree then.

Well I notice there are several more threads on here saying more or less the same as me, I just can''t see how changing managers all the time is going to result in a settled team. I personally think we should get behind Worthy and give him all our support. Imagine how difficult it must be for him at the moment with you all on his back.
[/quote]

Newcastle change managers all the time. I can''t be bothered to research but I''m sure Worthy is now one of the longest serving managers in the football league. 5 years is a long time, time for a change???

Obviously!

THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIMES WORTHY BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"] I just can''t see how changing managers all the time is going to result in a settled team. [/quote]

we havent changed our manager in nearly 6 years.. thats not "all the time"

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]

Reasons for him to stay.

He loves the supporters.
He is a good manager.

[/quote] Um.... I don''t really know where to start.... words fail me that you can come to these conclusions!!!

He tells us what is positive and negative!! Any idiot can do that! Worthy comes out with these stupid cliches and phrases that mean absolutely nothing. Anyway if he''s so good at telling what''s negative why doesn''t he do something to change it???

How can you say he gets the best out of the players?? We have a good squad and were favourites to win the league but are languishing in 13th! We have been humbled by Reading, Luton, QPR, Palace, Preston in very embarassing fashion. Crickey I''d hate to see it if he couldn''t get the best out of the players!

He loves the supporters?? What do you base that on? If he loved them that much he would do the decent thing and go!

He is a good manager.... why are we doing so badly then??? Bad tactics, bad signings, bad football - fantastic management that!!!

You''re happy with the situation at Norwich this season then are you??

This is another really saddening thread. This is rapidly turning into mass hysteria and witchhunt.I think dennis overstates some of his points but for pete''s sake we are not a club in crisis. There are more clubs below us than above us. This is what used to be called mid table mediocrity, which was disappointing but not the end of the world.I appreciate some people still have bitter memories from some games this season (and I was at Wolves and Palace to name but two) but all sense of proportion is fast evaporating, on this message board at least.There are better managers than Worthy. There are worse managers than Worthy. Maybe we''d replace him with a star, maybe not. There are few certainties in life, fewer in football, so let''s try to keep some perspective here.