Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Erling Haaland

This could be the most predictable and boring thread ever where everyone just agrees, but this bloke is something else isn't he? I don't think I've ever seen a more complete centre forward in all my years watching football. He's tall, strong, quick, good in the air, great feet, holds it up, runs in behind, virtually never misses a chance, clever movement and just scores sh*t loads of all different types of goals. I hope he stays injury free as he really looks unstoppable. 

Edited by Worthy Nigelton

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

This could be the most predictable and boring thread ever where everyone just agrees, but this bloke is something else isn't he? I don't think I've ever seen a more complete centre forward in all my years watching football. He's tall, strong, quick, good in the air, great feet, holds it up, runs in behind, virtually never misses a chance, cleverly movement and just scores sh*t loads of all different types of goals. I hope he stays injury free as he really looks unstoppable. 

He’s everything you want, a poor man’s Hugill! 😂

• Haha 1

I think he is nearly as good as Grant Holt. The wonder goal was almost as good as Holts at Chelsea in 2011 or his header at Liverpool a few weeks later!!!!!

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

And quicker, and scores more goals!

But he doesn't have the Swagger that Ibra did/ does.

But he seems more likeable. 

Always found Zlatan amusing, if not as smart as he thinks he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

He’s everything you want, a poor man’s Hugill! 😂

With the ponytail he’s more like a poor man’s Andy Carroll 🤣

• Haha 1

This, Ibrahimovic wasn't as good as Haarland at the same age. I think it's fair to say Zlatan was probably not at his best until his late 20's really, at least not as consistently. 

1 minute ago, chicken said:

This, Ibrahimovic wasn't as good as Haarland at the same age. I think it's fair to say Zlatan was probably not at his best until his late 20's really, at least not as consistently. 

I remember a very young Zlatan at Carrow Road scoring the only goal for Ajax in pre season, some years ago! Haaland is a beast and with the quality around him just looks at a different level. Zlatan was a more refined player…..I’d like both in my team in their prime! 

This could be the most predictable and boring thread ever where everyone just agrees, but this bloke is something else isn't he? I don't think I've ever seen a more complete centre forward in all my years watching football. He's tall, strong, quick, good in the air, great feet, holds it up, runs in behind, virtually never misses a chance, clever movement and just scores sh*t loads of all different types of goals. I hope he stays injury free as he really looks unstoppable. 

A minor injury, a couple of times, wouldn't go amiss if we get promoted.

He's got plenty of work to do to score more goals than Zlatan, who has also has similar goal a game kind of ratios throughout his long career.

He may well eclipse him, I'd probably put money on him doing so -  but you never know how things might pan out.

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I’m just so happy we aren’t in the prem this year! The guy is unreal

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not needed, Pep will rest him against us!

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

I remember a very young Zlatan at Carrow Road scoring the only goal for Ajax in pre season, some years ago! Haaland is a beast and with the quality around him just looks at a different level. Zlatan was a more refined player…..I’d like both in my team in their prime! 

That was 2002 . I was there with an Ajax mate, and 2012 , we were hoping for 2022 but it didn't happen.  No home preseason. 😒 

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Why, you think the result against Man Citeh wouls be different without Haaland? We'd still get d1cked either way

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Definitely has an Ibrahimovic look about him, maybe a touch less ego 

At least Ibra had immense talent to go with the arrogance, loads of bang average players with almost as much ego but a fraction of the talent. 

He's got such determination too, you could see from opening game he slotted straight in and was rallying everyone up like a captain.  Absolutely immense player.

Shame really, as it kills any challenge to the title.  Could've been quite an exciting season, otherwise.  Outside of Man City there just seem to be more teams that can take points from each other.

Think they're going to finish 15-20 points clear and he's going to smash Salah's goal record in a season.

I would like him. But he plays for Man City. I know you could say “ohhh but it’s football. The love of the game.” 

But Man City are close to the epitome of everything wrong with Premier League football. It’s like watching ‘The Hurricanes’ in real life. A Hollywood fairytale of a club that never ever loses (except in the Champions League).

• Like 1

Can see from his mental game that he'd had a pro in the family somewhere. He looks so unflustered and focused. He might not have got the style of play from his dad, but he plays with a maturity and focus that belies his years.

• Like 1

Saw a bet on William Hill pre-season, Haaland to score three Premier League hat-tricks this season at 25/1. Wishing I'd had more than a tenner on it now...

39 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Saw a bet on William Hill pre-season, Haaland to score three Premier League hat-tricks this season at 25/1. Wishing I'd had more than a tenner on it now...

If we get promoted again, watch him be the new Suarez against us - you'd get short odds on him getting 3 hat-tricks in ONE game! 🤣

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't bet but if I'd seen those odds, I might have partaken. Fair play to you Wolfo, half the Premier league isn't that great and I'd fully expect him to get your 3 hat tricks. Has he got 1 or 2 in the league so far?

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can see from his mental game that he'd had a pro in the family somewhere. He looks so unflustered and focused. He might not have got the style of play from his dad, but he plays with a maturity and focus that belies his years.

He is very very impressive, scarily so in fact.  Has anyone spotted any cinques in his armour?

Edited by wcorkcanary

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He is very very impressive, scarily so in fact.  Has anyone spotted any **** in his armour?

Not sure about weaknesses, but I gotta admit, this video was pretty funny.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gibbo said:

He's got plenty of work to do to score more goals than Zlatan, who has also has similar goal a game kind of ratios throughout his long career.

He may well eclipse him, I'd probably put money on him doing so -  but you never know how things might pan out.

Ibrahimovic’s career stats skewed by scoring a goal a game in America and for PSG (where I reckon I’d get about 1 in 2 playing for PSG in that division!). 

In more competitive leagues, Italy, Spain and England he has scored 188 in 341. That’s 1 every 1.8.

Haaland’s record in Germany and England is 72 in 73.

Obviously he’s got to do it for years in a row but if he stays fit he’s going to be miles ahead of Ibrahimovic.