Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Just how much money money money did the Prem pay us?

All relative though. Costs go through the roof. You effectively break even once you go down and sell a few players if you are sensible.

what will be fascinating will be if Forest go down this year - wow!

I must be a bit dim. How does it make financial sense for Forest to spend upwards of £150M on players with next to nothing coming in from players out, plus what is presumably a very sizeable wage bill? 

7 minutes ago, Yellow Kiwi said:

I must be a bit dim. How does it make financial sense for Forest to spend upwards of £150M on players with next to nothing coming in from players out, plus what is presumably a very sizeable wage bill? 

They (allegedly) have a money launderer as owner - that would make perfect sense? 🙂 

3 hours ago, Yellow Kiwi said:

How does it make financial sense for Forest to spend upwards of £150M on players with next to nothing coming in from players out, plus what is presumably a very sizeable wage bill? 

The financial sense is that they're attempting to invest into a playing squad that at least holds it's worth.

Whether it's more or less sensible than our approach to gamble on several £10m players who apparently have spiralled in value since, I don't know.  I guess it comes down to ambition and diameter of gonads?

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Facility fees?

Being live on SkySports/BT

The more matches selected to be on, the more fees you receive. All clubs must be on a minimum of 10 times. 

Edited by Bovril
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

Being live on SkySports/BT

The more matches selected to be on, the more fees you receive. All clubs must be on a minimum of 10 times. 

I remember one time (possibly more) a team didn't appear the minimum number of 10 times, but still got paid the minimum payment of 10 games worth of money. 

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I remember one time (possibly more) a team didn't appear the minimum number of 10 times, but still got paid the minimum payment of 10 games worth of money. 

Sounds good , work less, get paid more, my kind of deal.