Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Refreshing having a manager who stands up..

In his box, directing his players.

Instead of slumping in his chair watching the whole game from an iPad, raising an eyebrow now and again.

Sorry but that was the Farke we had when he was sacked, and that's all I can think of when I see criticism of Dean Smith having a cup of tea.

The only reason he stands up is that he knows he wouldn't look as good as Farke sitting down.

Farke sitting down had an identity, he had a way of sitting down that was probably the best we've seen a manager sitting down, the only times he didn't look like a god when sitting down was when Emi wasn't in the team. They should retire the seat he sat on, move it to the Hall of fame and just leave an empty space there.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The only reason he stands up is that he knows he wouldn't look as good as Farke sitting down.

Farke sitting down had an identity, he had a way of sitting down that was probably the best we've seen a manager sitting down, the only times he didn't look like a god when sitting down was when Emi wasn't in the team. They should retire the seat he sat on, move it to the Hall of fame and just leave an empty space there.

I was thinking that we commission a sculptor to cast Farke sitting in his chair in bronze, and put that in the dugout, with the words 'To be bloke sitting next to me, remember that you'll never be as much of a godlike genius as me' (in German, naturally) and then give his family free season tickets for the next 10 generations just to wind up Essex Canary.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I was thinking that we commission a sculptor to cast Farke sitting in his chair in bronze, and put that in the dugout, with the words 'To be bloke sitting next to me, remember that you'll never be as much of a godlike genius as me' (in German, naturally) and then give his family free season tickets for the next 10 generations just to wind up Essex Canary.

👍 For sure.

• Haha 1

Damn, if only we'd have know that Farke just needed to stand up more, we might not have gotten relegated. In fact, I don't know why all that standing up that followed after we got rid of him didn't trigger any meaningful improvement. Very strange.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Damn, if only we'd have know that Farke just needed to stand up more, we might not have gotten relegated. In fact, I don't know why all that standing up that followed after we got rid of him didn't trigger any meaningful improvement. Very strange.

I dunno, that cup of tea was causing all sorts of performance issues earlier in the season!  

On 06/08/2022 at 18:38, canarydan23 said:

Yes guys. Let's blame the ref.

Only one person at fault today.

Sip that tea.

38 minutes ago, Excited Canary said:

Just need him to come and acknowledge the traveling fans after a game now, then we'd really be on to a winner!

What's the point, he'd never be as good as Farke.

I wrote to the LMA and told then there should be a 'best acknowledgement of the away fans' award and they should give it to Daniel but all they sent me was a response saying they were busy.

Edited by A Load of Squit

And they dare to accuse some of us of not being able to let go of Farke - seems like the boot is on the other foot. He's gone, get over it!!  🤣

Edited by lake district canary
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Give Farke a break ffs. We spend all that money upgrading the dugouts to PL level and half the coaches spend the whole match standing there waving their arms about. Farke appreciated this of course.

On second thoughts why didn't they realise we'll be bouncing up and down like a tart's knickers between the Leagues and save that money ? 

Club's a mess....😀 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

And they dare to accuse some of us as not being able to let go of Farke - seems like the boot is on the other foot. He's gone, get over it!!  🤣

Exactly LDC. You tell all the "clingy" people , he's gone, get over it!! Move on , just like you have. 😉💯🤣

Edited by Mengo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I dunno, that cup of tea was causing all sorts of performance issues earlier in the season!  

Not sure we've seen a mug during these last six games have we?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Bit harsh on Sinani, that. 😉

56 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I feel that you may be taking this thread a bit too seriously.

5 hours ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

yes I really like the way Smith and Shaket remain so visible and involved - hopefully it inspires player commitmemnt to the cause

Either that or they know there is a steaming hot brew with their name on it at full time

2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Have we now employed a hot drinks management coach...if so, worth every penny. 🤓👍

Apples

You mean tea boy?

I thought we sent Billy gilmour packing