Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Those f.....g floodlights

Just now, nutty nigel said:

The point I made was a general point that would include passing under no pressure to a showing cdm.

However can't you see that Kenny wouldn't have been that player if either of the better options had been fit?

Who would you have played there last night?

I accept there is no obvious alternative fit candidate for that role.  That is a lot of the frustration for me.

Kenny really doesn't help himself though by not at least trying to apply himself to the job at hand. He sees himself as that free attacking spirit a la Nunez / Sara / Cantwell although I would argue all have the potential currently to be better than him. But he was allocated that CDM task, you would have hoped he could show a little more application than he did last night, and that remains a lot of people's main criticism of him. His application to a specific task, not his level of ability.

In hindsight we may have been able to swap Byram and Kenny given how ineffective Sykes was for Brizzle, but I can see why Smith went with his start line-up? 

If you have existing eye problems, simply stare at them for 5 minutes - works wonders. It's the equivalent of free laser eye surgery for all ticket holders.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Any sign of the light show?

Was originally due to be last night with fireworks too, but understandably postponed.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I accept there is no obvious alternative fit candidate for that role.  That is a lot of the frustration for me.

Kenny really doesn't help himself though by not at least trying to apply himself to the job at hand. He sees himself as that free attacking spirit a la Nunez / Sara / Cantwell although I would argue all have the potential currently to be better than him. But he was allocated that CDM task, you would have hoped he could show a little more application than he did last night, and that remains a lot of people's main criticism of him. His application to a specific task, not his level of ability.

In hindsight we may have been able to swap Byram and Kenny given how ineffective Sykes was for Brizzle, but I can see why Smith went with his start line-up? 

I think we are probably arguing different points. 

It seems you think we have better than Kenny for that DM position but not available last night. So do I. As far as I can see so does the manager.

But that can't take away from Kenny's performance last night. It was his best game this season for me. I would imagine he did what Smith expected of him very well. Would the manager really have sent him out to play the role you wanted and then left him out there ignoring instructions? 

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Still waiting for some sort of reply/acknowledgement from the Club, when I got home last night, I had a raging headache and was still seeing some sort of glare in my eyes. Did anybody else notice Byram put his hands up to shield his eyes when the ball came over his side in the air? I noticed that two fans in my row were wearing sunglasses last night, perhaps I'll try this next game.

I tried sunglasses, yes they work in respect of the glare of the lights, but when watching the game, they make the pitch even darker. The answer is wear a baseball cap, or similar peaked hat, the peak keeps the glare of the lights out of your eyes.......

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I tried sunglasses, yes they work in respect of the glare of the lights, but when watching the game, they make the pitch even darker. The answer is wear a baseball cap, or similar peaked hat, the peak keeps the glare of the lights out of your eyes.......

Yes I will try that next time

41 minutes ago, Browno said:

Was originally due to be last night with fireworks too, but understandably postponed.

I'd assumed similar. 

Source?

Spoke with one of the stewards before the game, he encouraged me to email the club complaining saying that they will have to take action as even the stewards are complaining about it 

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Was going to do that but it was only when I got out of the car that I realised I'd left it at home....DOH!

4 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Might be worth trying polarised lenses and tilt your head. It's possible the floods do output polarised light.

Edit: just checked; they probably aren't polarised.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

A bit late to this topic but these lights are driving me mad. I sit at the top of the Jarrold and the glare from these lights is extremely frustrating. I wasn't there last night so haven't seen it in the dark yet but suspect it will be worse than Saturday games to date. 

If I recall, didn't the club essentially get these lights for free as a trial for this company? Off topic, but their sponsorship on the back of the shirt is also horrendous!

7 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The answer is wear a baseball cap, or similar peaked hat, the peak keeps the glare of the lights out of your eyes.......

The trouble is, for those sitting in the higher areas of the South Stand, you are looking right into the lights on top of the City Stand.

Therefore, building a bigger City Stand is the obvious solution.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

We (The OSP) have been told it's being looked into, but nothing beyond that.

Thanks, please give us any updates