Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Officiating at this level

20 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

What about the part where Sinani was wiped out late behind in the build up?

Foul on Max as well which resulted in an (accidental for sure) kick to the temple as well?

Don’t remember the sinani one (who was a bag of sh1t3 tonight) 

max was a 50/50 

we have to play to the whistle and stop thinking we’re allowed the freedom of norwich when in possession 

7 hours ago, Yobocop said:

max was a 50/50 

we have to play to the whistle and stop thinking we’re allowed the freedom of norwich when in possession 

Just before the transition a brizzole player slid in on him from behind and late totally wiping him out as the ball was released think the ball then got passed and max got dragged down. It was right in front of me if you want to be pedantic it was 75 /25 in max favour but no way 50-50

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yobocop said:

max was a 50/50 

50/50?  What game were you watching?  Wells wraps his arm around his neck and strangles him to the ground and then it looks like he gets a kick in the head for good measure.  I'd advise you go back and watch it again.

I don't think the Sinani tackle just prior to that is a foul, his touch was bad and he was slow to release the ball.

Thought his communication was poor. Looking at it I got the impression he was trying to play advantage as Sinani had the ball with no pressure then fecked it, but I didn't see an advantage signal.

Bit risky playing that sort of advantage back in a team's defensive third. If it was indeed an attempted advantage call then he really needed to signal it, and if it was and we'd played a good counter-attack off it then it would have been a great piece of officiating.

3 hours ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Regardless of whether it was a foul or not (it was), we had fairly comfortable possession and fecked it up.

Absolutely, the old saying is "if in doubt, punt it out". One of your teammates is down with a head injury, pretty obvious thing to do rather than play it into your own box.

David Webb looks firmly stuck in the Chumps . According to PGMOL he hasn’t done a Prem game . Looking at his 5 this year he tends to get the “bigger” clubs championship clubs like us. 

That he hasn’t been in the prem shows what Riley and Co think of him. The Prem list is desperate - even our old mate Hooper is now getting Prem games of note . Prem refs are giving up and retiring and are being replaced by refs previously acknowledged as not good enough (like Hooper ) 

Webb was poor last night night and his interpretation of certain incidents was bizarre. The Aarons injury , on the prem, gets the game stopped. No one on this board can point to another incident this season where are head injury is suggested , where the game isn’t stopped. Whether or not the injury is correct is immaterial. Refs have been briefed on concussion protocol for several years. If a player feigns a head injury - stop the game and immediately call the medics on . It’s not the refs job to call whether the player is injured or not . 

There are no hard and fast parts of the law regarding ending the match but again refs are briefed on when to blow . How many times will you see the final whistle blown when the ball is “neutral” ie from a goal kick. 9/10 times the ref will let an attacking play conclude . Why he blew with City bearing down on the Bristol goal was best interpreted by the reaction from the City players who were incredulous. It just doesn’t happen. 

On 15/09/2022 at 14:54, Graham Paddons Beard said:

David Webb looks firmly stuck in the Chumps . According to PGMOL he hasn’t done a Prem game . Looking at his 5 this year he tends to get the “bigger” clubs championship clubs like us. 

That he hasn’t been in the prem shows what Riley and Co think of him. The Prem list is desperate - even our old mate Hooper is now getting Prem games of note . Prem refs are giving up and retiring and are being replaced by refs previously acknowledged as not good enough (like Hooper ) 

Webb was poor last night night and his interpretation of certain incidents was bizarre. The Aarons injury , on the prem, gets the game stopped. No one on this board can point to another incident this season where are head injury is suggested , where the game isn’t stopped. Whether or not the injury is correct is immaterial. Refs have been briefed on concussion protocol for several years. If a player feigns a head injury - stop the game and immediately call the medics on . It’s not the refs job to call whether the player is injured or not . 

There are no hard and fast parts of the law regarding ending the match but again refs are briefed on when to blow . How many times will you see the final whistle blown when the ball is “neutral” ie from a goal kick. 9/10 times the ref will let an attacking play conclude . Why he blew with City bearing down on the Bristol goal was best interpreted by the reaction from the City players who were incredulous. It just doesn’t happen. 

I see Mr Webb hasn’t improved. 
PS he still isn’t anywhere near the Prem. So when is it accepted he simply isnt good enough? 

PPS I see the hapless Riley gets a mention in my September post. Now sacked and replaced by David’s namesake Howard. Now , Howard WAS a decent ref . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard