chicken

****Official Lapps Match Thread v Bristol City (L/h) *****

Just now, Nuff Said said:

You do realise that’s a minimum yellow card offence on here? Kenny is way out favourite for scapegoat of the season already.

Did you watch tonight? Genuinely, how do you think McLean played? How badly does he have to be for criticism not be scapegoating?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Did you watch tonight? Genuinely, how do you think McLean played? How badly does he have to be for criticism not be scapegoating?

I don’t think he played badly to be honest (apart from that stupid pass near the end). My issue with Kenny is that he’s too porous as a holding midfielder. I realise that is not his fault and that it’s not his natural game. I’d happily have him in a more advanced midfield position. But we still don’t have a CDM and tonight it really could have cost us. Even Cov played through us quite easily on several occasions. 

I know we’ve brought in Hayden but for this absolutely pivotal role relying on an already injured player was a risk. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Well, it was a win. What a weird game. I imagine both sides will be furious, us for playing so poorly and Bristol for conceding three goals from three chances. 

Best to forget about it and move on, I think.

Reminds me a bit of the 1st title with DF, just not as stylish/efficient in attack, winning because we could outscore most teams in the kind of "start well and then fall asleep" games.

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He was decent tonight. Look beyond the Nunez posters you have on your wall and Kenny was massively involved in most of the good things we did tonight.

Just now, Jim Smith said:

I don’t think he played badly to be honest (apart from that stupid pass near the end). My issue with Kenny is that he’s too porous as a holding midfielder. I realise that is not his fault and that it’s not his natural game. I’d happily have him in a more advanced midfield position. But we still don’t have a CDM and tonight it really could have cost us. Even Cov played through us quite easily on several occasions. 

I know we’ve brought in Hayden but for this absolutely pivotal role relying on an already injured player was a risk. 

He was dreadful. He did a stupid pass in the first half that came closer to conceding than the one to which you refer. In the first quarter he tried a fancy pass that ****ed up then did almost the exact same thing a minute later with the same result.

He wasn't alone in being dross tonight, but he was dross. It isn't scapegoating to call a spade a spade.

Nunez was poor yet was waaaaaay better than Kenny tonight.

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You do realise that’s a minimum yellow card offence on here? Kenny is way out favourite for scapegoat of the season already.

I wasn't scapegoating merely suggesting we'll be better off with a more natural CDM as Kenny isn't very good in that role, which he's not. 

Feel free to disagree with that opinion, but don't call it scapegoating because it's far from it. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

I thought we were going to be without hayden for the first few games, but rapidly approaching a quarter of the season... then how long for him to get match fit/sharp.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

I thought we were going to be without hayden for the first few games, but rapidly approaching a quarter of the season... then how long for him to get match fit/sharp.  

Does feel like we really need him in midfield that's for sure

19 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Four chances, their keeper did make a save in the end.

4 excellent chances, scored 3. Numerous other opportunities which could/should have led to goals.

Delighted to log in and experience the parallel universe of the Pinkun and Canary Call where 6 on the bounce is a sign we're not very good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ian said:

He was decent tonight. Look beyond the Nunez posters you have on your wall and Kenny was massively involved in most of the good things we did tonight.

I just don't know how to respond to this. I really don't. I'm not even one of those Kenny haters, my position has always been that he's useless in the Prem but an asset in the Championship. If you're one of those weird historic post searcher types then you can confirm that.

But he was dreadful tonight. A great assist, for sure, but other than that a liability.

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

A new CDM is a must for the January window, even if Hayden ever gets fit we cannot rely on him and him alone. 

3 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Fabulous bit of recruitment

20 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Why did Pukki come off on a hat trick? 

Because this season is about winning promotion, not about trying to score hat tricks. We have a game in 3 days.

• Like 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Because this season is about winning promotion, not about trying to score hat tricks. We have a game in 3 days.

He went straight down the tunnel, so I wondered if he went for treatment? 

We play WBA next fortunately they played tonight and are using energy to get Brum result

1 minute ago, pete said:

We play WBA next fortunately they played tonight and are using energy to get Brum result

Sadly, they will sack their manager tomorrow morning and come out at the weekend as a totally different side.

With the quality of players we had on the football pitch and combined with the way that bristol played we would have won 10 0   go figure 

5 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

No, for a **** and to find his tracksuit top. 

McLean isn’t a DM. How does Smith need more evidence to see that?! It’s no surprise we’re so defensively exposed with Mr Pointy in the middle of the park. Need Hayden or Gibbs back ASAP.

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

With the quality of players we had on the football pitch and combined with the way that bristol played we would have won 10 0   go figure 

Not knocking our players by any means, but if they really were as hot as that then I would have thought we'd have done a bit better than we did the last couple of Premier League seasons. 

Really thought players across the pitch were off song individually in terms of quality in all areas today. Maybe put it down to the break. 

Made for a very entertaining game though. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

If this is the hardest test so far @KeiranShikari are you convinced yet?

We're an incohesive mess but we have Pukki so I suppose it doesn't matter. Can't argue with 6 back to back wins.

Hopefully Hayden will be in sooner rather than later because we need him.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I just don't know how to respond to this. I really don't. I'm not even one of those Kenny haters, my position has always been that he's useless in the Prem but an asset in the Championship. If you're one of those weird historic post searcher types then you can confirm that.

But he was dreadful tonight. A great assist, for sure, but other than that a liability.

Nunez literally gave away a goal tonight, or a stonewall pen had BC not scored.

McLean provided the assist for our first, won the ball for our second, and made numerous tracking challenges throughout, yet you say Nunez had a far better game.

11 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

He seems to do that when subbed then come back out to the bench. I'm guessing with his age, his bladder isn't what it used to be....

I thought we played fairly well second half, and had decent chances to get more (Pukki, Sinani), Bristol made a good game of it but I think we were the better side all round.

How a side can be so lucky six games on the trot, makes you wonder if there’s more to it and we are actually doing ok.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

We're an incohesive mess but we have Pukki so I suppose it doesn't matter. Can't argue with 6 back to back wins.

Hopefully Hayden will be in sooner rather than later because we need him.

An incohesive mess that have won 6 on the bounce, scoring 13 and conceding 4.

Honestly, it is hilarious to see people continually double down on their stupidity and terrible judgement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

My goodness people do hate him don't they. Nunez has been diabolical but remains.

What game were you at????

34 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I missed most of the first half, all I can say about McLean was he was anonymous. That’s not to say anonymous is always bad, but in this case I just didn’t notice him.

That’s not my point though. He could produce a match winning performance of the season and there would still be a few posters moaning about him.

16 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

McLean isn’t a DM. How does Smith need more evidence to see that?! It’s no surprise we’re so defensively exposed with Mr Pointy in the middle of the park. Need Hayden or Gibbs back ASAP.

I think you’ve answered your own question. McLean is only playing there because there is no-one else.

• Like 1