chicken

****Official Lapps Match Thread v Bristol City (L/h) *****

Didn’t understand the Pukki / Sinani substitution at all at the time and now looks a terrible decision.  Sinani’s single handedly throwing the game away.

Oh dear Sinani, watching the replay of that. Got to score. Why on earth didn't he take it round the keeper?

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Sara looks tidy. 

He always likes a wash and brush up before the game- just in case he gets photographed 

Just now, Kingston Yellow said:

Didn’t understand the Pukki / Sinani substitution at all at the time and now looks a terrible decision.  Sinani’s single handedly throwing the game away.

Resting Pukki for another game in a few days time is the obvious reason. Sinani has generally played well this season but yes he's had a shocker since coming on tonight. A sensible sub on paper though give us some width on the break

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Couldn’t agree more. Taking off a man on a hat trick (bet he likes that not ) for a L1 clogger 

Sara’s display a minor plus from tonight. Looks up to speed. Sinani on the other hand has had a bit of a mare 

• Like 1

What a weird ending! No celebration at the final whistle because they were all too annoyed at the ref killing the counter attack.

• Like 1

Don't think I've ever seen a game with so many poor decisions made in possession of the ball!  But still somehow won...

Nice to finish the game with that little Sara drive, a little glimpse of what we might see from him when he's up to speed.

Sinani isn't a Championship level player.

Well I will take that. Important win. But awful performance for long spells. The midfield is still not right and the formation is exposing the full backs too much. Thankfully there are few teams good enough to take advantage. 

Just now, king canary said:

What a weird ending! No celebration at the final whistle because they were all too annoyed at the ref killing the counter attack.

Is that all? I thought someone had been viciously chopped down or something.

Just now, unique said:

The prospect of promotion should give every NCFC supporter nightmares.

That rules you out then.

Just now, king canary said:

One of the stranger referee perfomances. A poor performance by us but he got worse and worse. No wonder the players were angry at the end.

Oh well. Football eh. Nice to have it back again. We need to get games now more regularly and start to really click. Still in 2nd gear. But 2nd gear seems enough at the minute thankfully.

At least this ends the 'not beaten anyone good yet' narrative.

Get a proper, fit DM in place and get Sara in next to Nunez and I think we'll be taking it up a gear.

• Like 1

Well, it was a win. What a weird game. I imagine both sides will be furious, us for playing so poorly and Bristol for conceding three goals from three chances. 

Best to forget about it and move on, I think.

• Like 2

We have to play better than this. We were holding on at the end. They committed forward and we had overloads in the box and didn't convert to win it outright.

The substitutions didn't really improve it much tonight. Have to hope we can keep this run going for a while longer but it is going to end sometime.

1 minute ago, Captain Holt said:

I honestly think that's the worst I've ever seen Norwich play when winning a game 

I can remember a few pretty bad ones to be honest. Preston at home last Championship season springs to mind.

One of the weirdest and most chaotic games I've seen. It was entertaining and I'm not sure we deserved the 3 points but job done I suppose. Against a better side we'd have been battered and it says a lot about the quality in this league that Bristol didn't punish us. We've got to play better on Saturday against West Brom who will probably be managerless