chicken

****Official Lapps Match Thread v Bristol City (L/h) *****

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Delighted to be ahead after what was actually a very poor performance for most of the half. The goals were a result of our quality but even before they scored we had no grip on that gsme. The midfield is non existent defensively (Kenny?) and neither Todd or Sarge is giving shy protection to their full back. Todd roaming is a particular problem when we don’t have the ball as their man is left in acres down the right.

ramsey and Sarge may as well not be on the pitch.

I don't think its fair to blame that purely on McLean- Nunez has been non existent too and Bristol keep being allowed to carry the ball 30/40 yards through the middle of the pitch unchallenged by anyone. Not sure of the solution though as our midfield options aren't exactly defensively solid off the bench.

Needed halftime change to strengthen midfield and it didn't happen.

Asking for trouble if Smith waits until its 2-2

• Like 1

Is there any comfort from knowing that if we lose from this position it will have been thoroughly deserved?

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

Cantwell great!!!!   look at everyone else's opinion.  Show pony not a footballer

He’s been good with the ball and in fairness he may be being told to roam about but as in the second half against Cov, the combo of him and Byram is not working. Bristol have a man completely free on the right wing every time they attack and it’s enabling them to drag us out of shape. 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't think its fair to blame that purely on McLean- Nunez has been non existent too and Bristol keep being allowed to carry the ball 30/40 yards through the middle of the pitch unchallenged by anyone. Not sure of the solution though as our midfield options aren't exactly defensively solid off the bench.

Unfortunately the solution to this position was Hayden who came in as a crock 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

He’s been good with the ball and in fairness he may be being told to roam about but as in the second half against Cov, the combo of him and Byram is not working. Bristol have a man completely free on the right wing every time they attack and it’s enabling them to drag us out of shape. 

He needs to do his job which is for the team

Feels like every time we get something promising going, we take a touch too many and Bristol just immediately cut through us...

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Holt said:

The atmosphere is appalling...

It’s like that 25 mins v Cov when everyone could see how off key we were. He needs to make a change. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Scott looks much better than Todd.

I think our midfield need to work harder, we are struggling to transition the ball to the strikers.

Hope he proves me wrong but Ramsay is not offering much. Bit out of his depth at this level of opposition. Fine when we dominate the ball 

Just now, Newtopia said:

Scott looks much better than Todd.

I think our midfield need to work harder, we are struggling to transition the ball to the strikers.

Webber has still not addressed the midfield issues. Hayden may be the answer but he was crocked when we got him. 

Think these are the right changes. Onel hopefully can do his head down running thing and allow us to take the pressure off the defence and make Bristol more worried about the counter. 

• Like 1

Ramsey was atrocious but Cantwell coming off is just bizarre. This will be a bigger mugging than the Sunderland game if we hold on. Utterly dreadful.

16 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Cantwell great!!!!   look at everyone else's opinion.  Show pony not a footballer

My goodness people do hate him don't they. Nunez has been diabolical but remains.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Webber has still not addressed the midfield issues. Hayden may be the answer but he was crocked when we got him. 

Lot of truth in this. We are crying out for a skipp/tettey type

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The management is appalling.

Afraid so. I believe that it’s the lack of quality in this league and the individual quality and strength in our squad that is getting us the results rather than the management making any impression on this team 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Byram has had a shocker 

I blame is boots- looks like he got to left boots on either foot 😅