TheBaldOne66

Trevor Sinclair

About to possibly get the sack from Talksport after his tweet about the Queens death a couple of days ago! Refusing to answer the phone apparently and deleted his Twitter account after getting so much abuse about the Tweet, which was basically accusing the Queen of being racist 😡

• Like 1

He dug a deeper hole with his apology - where he said his tweet was mis-timed, rather than damn right wrong! 

Then played the mental health card!  

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trevor-sinclair-returns-twitter-171149189.html

He sounds a treat - 

Sinclair, who won 12 caps for England between 2001—2003, was previously fired by the BBC in 2018 after being convicted of drink driving and racially abusing a police officer.

Edited by Greavsy

41 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

The guys a horrible little turd 

He is one strange, hate filled man.

If there's one thing the Queens death has done is really expose some rather nasty people.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Talksport is dreadful. Amazed anyone listens to it.

Love Simon Jordan on there, puts people to the sword including big characters like sounness, Sinclair and keown. Really insightful on foot all from an owner's.pov. 

Think there is talk of him buying cov coincidentally.

Also, Cundy and Goldstein during the world cup couple years ago was gold. Anyone heard of klobby??

• Like 2

There is not many ways to dress up the tweet circulated by a very privileged ex-footballer who is critical of a woman who just passed away and has been the queen since the 1950’s when the first female member of the House of Lords was appointed, to the current day where we have our third female prime minister and a cabinet which reflects a range of ethnicities.

I hope they don’t sack him, he should be free to say these things, (it just shows what he is like) and encourages people to point out how far society has come and discuss how to make things better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

There is not many ways to dress up the tweet circulated by a very privileged ex-footballer who is critical of a woman who just passed away and has been the queen since the 1950’s when the first female member of the House of Lords was appointed, to the current day where we have our third female prime minister and a cabinet which reflects a range of ethnicities.

I hope they don’t sack him, he should be free to say these things, (it just shows what he is like) and encourages people to point out how far society has come and discuss how to make things better.

I admire your take on freedom of speech, but at the same time, saying something so venomously poor taste about someone who spent their whole life in service to the country and whom has just died, needs to be called out. It’s an illogical accusation and effectively slander. 

I think that Mr Sinclair possibly has a drink/substance problem, that seems to cloud his mind and judgement (hence his previous arrest). I hope he seeks the right help and sees the light.

Edited by Robornio
  • Like 1

Not only was the timing dreadful, any legitimacy his comment might have carried is lost when you realise he is a convicted racist, drink driver who urinated in a police car.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not only was the timing dreadful, any legitimacy his comment might have carried is lost when you realise he is a convicted racist, drink driver who urinated in a police car.

yes but other than that Hoggy.....................

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes I can see how that might take some gloss off his argument....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

This is about a Frank Sinclair……

Doh - my bad - I did think when I read it I couldnt remember Trevor playing for Leicester. 

Apologies. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Doh - my bad - I did think when I read it I couldnt remember Trevor playing for Leicester. 

Apologies. 

No worries, it happens to me normally.  Looking at Trevors history he clearly struggles with alcohol, not that is an excuse for what he said.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Brilliant. Proper LOLing.

Sir Clive is probably worried I'm going to post about him...... (I am aware he is no longer alive) 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 2

Trouble is that Twitter is just one big cesspool of hatred. I went back on there after a long break and it's just too much. I defy the nicest person in the world to go on there and not want a nuclear war within 24 hours. 

This whole racial identity thing is just cancerous. There was some professor in the US hoping the queen had had an excruciating death because of a genocide in Nigeria in the 60s where apparently British weapons were supplied to the Nigerian government. Never mind that the UK was the first empire to abolish slavery, never mind that the Nigerian civil war was black people killing black people, it's still the UK's fault, and the Queen was completely responsible according to these people, in spite of the fact that the decision-making had little to do with the Queen. 

Trouble is, I don't know Trevor Sinclair, and there are a lot of people pushing these grievances that he's echoing. I do know it's really easy to type stuff online in the heat of the moment and regret it later, even if there are no repercussions when you're a nobody, and he's not a nobody. I'm pleased there has been a heavy backlash against his tweet having been angry about it myself, but I'd like to see a bit more thought about where it goes from there, from him as well as others. Like it or not, the sort of resentment he expressed isn't unique to him. In a way, seeing him too harshly treated for expressing a view, which, while I hate it, he isn't alone in feeling, runs a big risk of being counter-productive. I hope he reflects on his views and maybe moderates them a bit, and he can carry on with his career somewhere. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 hours ago, Robornio said:

I admire your take on freedom of speech, but at the same time, saying something so venomously poor taste about someone who spent their whole life in service to the country and whom has just died, needs to be called out. It’s an illogical accusation and effectively slander. 

I think that Mr Sinclair possibly has a drink/substance problem, that seems to cloud his mind and judgement (hence his previous arrest). I hope he seeks the right help and sees the light.

This has always been my stance-freedom of speech to say pretty much what you want so long as it doesn’t break any law, but then expect to be called out about it.

My views on Twatter are well documented on here and this low life nobody has just compounded my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My views on Twatter are well documented on here and this low life nobody has just compounded my thoughts.

Doesn't stop you quoting tw@ter when it suits you though. 

But then why would we be surprised 

It's easy to forget is the pressure that people like Trevor Sinclair are, when there's a weight of waving the flag for a section of people they represent - who mainly go unrepresented in mainstream media.  And this can overspill into really poor misjudged moments like this.

Anthony Joshua has done similar in the past.  There's ridiculous pressure to represent certain areas of the community and so much guilt is laid on them in order to respond publicly.  In one ear you're being called a sell-out and traitor, and in the other ear you're being told to play the game.  Rock and a hard place springs to mind.

Not sure what to make of what he's said, and whether it should be up for a serious debate rather than him thrown out the door.  Same with the fear of certain supporters boo'ing the national anthem and that playing a part of the football being cancelled.  Should we be pulling that apart and understanding why?  ....Or do we just call them idiots and move on?

I just don't know the answers.  But I do sympathise with minorities who feel unrepresented, even if I can't relate or understand it.

• Like 1

I don't really have a problem with him getting the sack. Free speech protects your right to say something that a government doesn't like, not from all potential professional consequences of exercising that right.

However, if you call for the sacking of people for a comment about the queen. You can't protest the sacking of people on "free speech" ground about comments you personally find acceptable but others find supremely distasteful.

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I went on Twitter once, but I think I got away with it.... 😏

I'm sure someone said, "look, look over there, there's that Hairy bloke" 

All makes sense now..... 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's all a bit worrying at the moment and the powers that be are not handling things very well.

The processions aren't for Prince Andrew; they're for the Queen who served the country for 70 years and for whom the vast majority of people lining the streets are there to pay their respects. Twits like that are attempting to cause a breach of the peace and should be arrested for doing so. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's all a bit worrying at the moment and the powers that be are not handling things very well.

Did the lady with an anti monarchy sign get arrested for anything in particular? I get the breaching of the peace thing, but holding up a sign in a public place that is not offensive to a protected group isn’t something that you can in all good conscience censor? I guess they could have moved her on for her own safety. 

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Like 1