Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Return To Carrow Road Of Timm Klose.

Having recovered from an injury he is likely to be in the Bristol City squad on Wednesday night.

We never did get to say a proper goodbye which he deserved so here is our chance hopefully.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Shame we never truly got the best of him due to injuries and misfortune.  Definitely had a level of quality about him that was a step up.

• Like 3

Nice guy, not all that as a player imo and I’d gladly see him in the lineup against Pukki. For a player that came with a tag as a ball playing defender I think he was often a bit slow and balls a bit lacking incisiveness. BUT that goal is what I’ll mostly remember 

• Like 1

Being brutally honest... He is a fantastic human being and one that no doubt helped behind the scenes and was another that was said to be good with the younger players.

However, in terms of on the pitch, I don't think we ever really saw that £8m investment. He looked good when we first signed him, and at times he looked like he had some class. Injuries probably robbed him of that consistency that would have justified the outlay. Not his fault perhaps. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, chicken said:

Being brutally honest... He is a fantastic human being and one that no doubt helped behind the scenes and was another that was said to be good with the younger players.

However, in terms of on the pitch, I don't think we ever really saw that £8m investment. He looked good when we first signed him, and at times he looked like he had some class. Injuries probably robbed him of that consistency that would have justified the outlay. Not his fault perhaps. 

If he had stayed fit for the rest of the 2015/16 season we may have been able to stay up, as he did look good but alas he got seriously injured against palace if I remember. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

His goal against the scum was worth £8M alone, in my view. 

That and the stepover against Forest!

There were games when Klose was absolutely mega, looked a proper world-class centre-half. I remember a goalless home draw v Man City when he was quite new and I left thinking he was going to be awesome, then there was an away game versus Wolves the following season when he consistently thwarted their attempts at a comeback with excellent tackling and blocks.

On his day I think he was comfortably our best centre half for years and years. The trouble was his day didn't come often enough. As a person though he's clearly a legend. Became an active part of his community, his wife joined a local tennis club and someone told me she had a part time office job as well because she couldn't entertain the idea of not working and contributing. I went to a village dry cleaners and the lady there said the Kloses were regulars and the most polite customers she had.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 2

On 12/09/2022 at 23:08, overthebordercanary said:

If he had stayed fit for the rest of the 2015/16 season we may have been able to stay up, as he did look good but alas he got seriously injured against palace if I remember. 

Correct. Dwight Gayle was the player which was the catalyst. Arguably Alex Neil’s Sliding Doors moment 

42 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just realised he wasn’t even on the bench, shame we couldn’t say goodbye 

May be an image of 3 people, stadium and text that says 'RM YOUR HOME HOME ANGLIAN HOME IMPROVEMENTS MADEIN MADEINNORFOUK'

Spud Thornhill got to say goodbye.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

May be an image of 3 people, stadium and text that says 'RM YOUR HOME HOME ANGLIAN HOME IMPROVEMENTS MADEIN MADEINNORFOUK'

Is it a Thing for Thornhills to be called Spud, Tillo? 

There's a fella in the local town called Spud Thornhill too. Coincidence?

Lovely bloke who could play a bit but was hugely over rated, not worth the money we paid for him but all credit to him that equalizer was a wonderful moment!

I have to disagree with those that say he wasn't worth the money. 

I can't understand that. Without him would we have had all the success we have at championship level? 

I'm really not sure. 

On 15/09/2022 at 17:28, TIL 1010 said:

Is this the chap who became a fourth official to allow a game to finish? What game was that again?

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is this the chap who became a fourth official to allow a game to finish? What game was that again?

Preston in 2017.

I think his Dad worked for Jarrolds, I remember going on a day trip to Hemsby with Dickie Thornhill & his kids and much later he told me one of them was training to be a ref.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2022 at 12:11, Capt. Pants said:

This never gets old

I will NEVER tire of seeing that. There’s another version which is a bit closer to the front where you hear the scummer fan saying “9 years!” just before Klose’s equaliser, priceless! 😂

14 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I will NEVER tire of seeing that. There’s another version which is a bit closer to the front where you hear the scummer fan saying “9 years!” just before Klose’s equaliser, priceless! 😂

Fair play to the Ipswich fan who uploaded it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/09/2022 at 22:34, Midlands Yellow said:

Fair play to the Ipswich fan who uploaded it. 

That’s the one. This should be compulsory viewing for all Norwich fans!