CANARYKING

Queen’s funeral

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And if I recall correctly he didn't claim a wage / paid it back either to the air ambulance or other charities. 

Even if he did take his wage, its a dangerous job, a lot can go wrong in a helicopter, especially when you don't get to choose what the weather is like when somebody has a serious car accident or gets stuck out at sea, in fact bad weather increases the chances of both of those things occurring. Its not like those Red Letter Days experience days where the pilots call off the flights if there's a bit of fog.

I do think that Prince Harry's service in Afghanistan was a bit of a farce, they kept him many miles away from any danger as he was an obvious target and then pulled him out early for security concerns, although I believe Prince William saw some serious action.

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Dur!

I expected so much more from someone so profoundly articulate as you like to imply. 

But you're just a stuck up 🛎 🔚

Sorry if my request was a but too difficult for you. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

I expected so much more from someone so profoundly articulate as you like to imply. 

But you're just a stuck up 🛎 🔚

Sorry if my request was a but too difficult for you. 

Dur!

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Even if he did take his wage, its a dangerous job, a lot can go wrong in a helicopter, especially when you don't get to choose what the weather is like when somebody has a serious car accident or gets stuck out at sea, in fact bad weather increases the chances of both of those things occurring. Its not like those Red Letter Days experience days where the pilots call off the flights if there's a bit of fog.

I do think that Prince Harry's service in Afghanistan was a bit of a farce, they kept him many miles away from any danger as he was an obvious target and then pulled him out early for security concerns, although I believe Prince William saw some serious action.

Whilst I agree with the spirit of your post. They don't take the air ambulance out if it's seemed unsafe to fly. 

Also I think you'll find it's sea kings that do the sea rescues. 

Agree re Harry in Afghanistan though. But doubt much of that was his doing, so can't hold him accountable for the actions of others. . 

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And if I recall correctly he didn't claim a wage / paid it back either to the air ambulance or other charities. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2718691/Heir-Ambulance-Prince-William-job-999-helicopter-pilot-40-000-year-charity-paying-tax-like-rest-us.html

Looks like he paid tax / Ni then donated the net amount to charity. 

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Dur!

You're not funny, do try to stay on topic and explain. 

Or continue to prove you're a 🛎 🔚 with another Dur! 

Tw unt. 

Edited by Greavsy

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's wrong about schools though, if mummy and daddy have a day off then they can look after their own kids. Apart from keyworkers, of course, they should be open for their kids.

I don’t get this frequent assumption that school=childcare. Schools are there to educate children, not allow parents to work. If they were a state childminding service, they’d open at eight AM and close at six, not 9-3:30 or the local equivalent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

You not funny, do try to stay on topic and explain. 

Dur!

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

You not funny, do try to stay on topic and explain. 

Any chance you two could start a thread of your own for this?

• Like 3

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I just want him to explain his post. 

Not an unreasonable request on a forum. I've asked multiple times, and asked him to try to keep on topic. 

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Dur!

🛎 🔚 Confirmed then. 

Simples.

Sorry if the task was beyond your comprehension. 

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yes.

I'll desist for the sake of politeness for others.

It's just so much fun winding dumbo up.  He asks for it.

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Yes.

I'll desist for the sake of politeness for others.

It's just so much fun winding dumbo up.  He asks for it.

I've asked for an explanation, on topic, multiple times but you failed to even try with your petty, stupid self obsessed agenda. 

It's really not hard, but you seem too struggle. And yet again spoil the thread for others...... 

You have no class, "for the politeness of others" don't make me laugh... That's given you an out that you've grasped with both hands. 🛎 🔚 

Bye. 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I've asked for an explanation, on topic, multiple times but you failed to even try with your petty, stupid self obsessed agenda. 

It's really not hard, but you seem too struggle. And yet again spoil the thread for others...... 

You have no class, "for the politeness of others" don't make me laugh... That's given you an out that you've grasped with both hands. 🛎 🔚 

Bye. 

Dur!

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'll desist for the sake of politeness for others

FAIL. 

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Dur!

🛎 🔚 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You have no class, "for the politeness of others" don't make me laugh.

Point proven. 

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We should all remember throughout today ,that neither the queen or the rest of the royal family would p!ss on any of us if we were on fire

...thanks for the day off though

And you think our 'elected' leaders would? 

Nah, that'd just sh!t on us like they always do. 💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If they were a state childminding service, they’d open at eight AM and close at six

They do. That's the reality for many children, where both parents work full time.

Although its 7am, not 8am

34 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t get this frequent assumption that school=childcare. Schools are there to educate children, not allow parents to work. If they were a state childminding service, they’d open at eight AM and close at six, not 9-3:30 or the local equivalent.

Nah, it's there to turn them into obedient robots where you get detention for having the wrong stationary... 

• Confused 1

Something that is not so common nowadays. A religious service for someone actively believed. Overall I suppose the comparison is with Churchill's funeral. I remember a French commentator said of that: "Life stopped to watch death pass by." Which is what is happening now with the walk through London. But with Churchil they were watching someone who was passing into history as a great symbol, the last lion of world war two and the end of an era.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That feels a bit unfair, Prince William was a pilot for the East of England Air Ambulance for 2.5 years, there will literally be Norwich fans that he has helped to save the life of.

Prince Charles definitely has the air of somebody who still calls people peasants though, admittedly.

And was guilty of the worlds worst ever love line!!! 

It's a long old walk on that parade.

Prince Andrew must be fit though, he's not broken into a sweat yet! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone else think all the shoutng, cheering and hollering for a hearse is a bit odd..? 

Yep. And disrespectful