CANARYKING

Queen’s funeral

Unless they postpone for more respect then policing requirements are the only thing to throw a spanner in the works. I see them going ahead, but could also see Sunday games moved to Saturday.

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If it’s Monday there won’t be enough police to do games and the funeral

There are no games on the Monday.

Baggies on Saturday 3pm, sharp.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

There are no games on the Monday.

Baggies on Saturday 3pm, sharp.

I don’t think you realise the scale of policing operation that’s about to be put into place

41 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I don’t think you realise the scale of policing operation that’s about to be put into place

Fair comment. I suspect there will be an awful lot of world leaders on display. 

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Envy the French at times like this...they had the right idea guillotining their sponging lot 250 yrs ago

Ironically it’s this attitude that has prevented football from going ahead this weekend 😂😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Ironically it’s this attitude that has prevented football from going ahead this weekend 😂😂

You were planning on taking a guillotine to Burnley???

47 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Didnt think you done Social Media Bore? 

Bit hypocritical dont you think? 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Having to arrange another round of fixtures gives the EPL/EFL a major headache.  With ther World Cup on the horizon they will be reluctant to cancel matches next weekend.  They will feel they have given enough reverence, don't see why cops can't attend Saturday.  Sunday might ne problematic however.

Hoping for the best i.e. Saturday goes ahead already had hoprs dashed when train strike wac announced for 17th but is now cancelled. 

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

Soup.

quality - Can see all the youngsters going 'eh?' at that! 

I can see all of next weekends games getting pulled too 

I am a Funeral Director and have two funeral services that day. I will be heartbroken for the families concerned should these be cancelled. I doubt they will be though. I think it's already been said somewhere that all sporting events should pause whilst the funeral is happening. That being the case the weekend shouldn't be a problem

18 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Gonna be crazy. Already got people like Biden saying they are going, you can imagine how insane its going to be with almost every head of state, prime minister and president on Earth (and for those who can't make it some kind of high ranking representative no doubt) all heading to London at the same time on the same day..

Don't envy the police thats for sure

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Yes, no matches next weekend for sure, as the police will be stretched to the limit, not just on the Monday, but in the days previously in organising, preparing and rehearsing for the biggest state occasion perhaps ever.

Anyone who is a welder will have busy few days welding down every manhole cover within a mile of any member of any head of state. 

Does anyone know the rationale behind this action? Has there ever been a case of sewer launched attack? Or is it one of those things someone thought of and no one had the guts to say it was a stupid idea....just in case.

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, no matches next weekend for sure, as the police will be stretched to the limit, not just on the Monday, but in the days previously in organising, preparing and rehearsing for the biggest state occasion perhaps ever.

Just imagine, if football fans managed to conduct themselves in a civilised fashion, there'd be little or no need for the cops. Just sayin.

• Like 2

No games next weekend makes much more sense because of the policing issues mentioned. It makes cancelling them this weekend even more ludicrous and farcical. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Just imagine, if football fans managed to conduct themselves in a civilised fashion, there'd be little or no need for the cops. Just sayin.

Which is why games were postponed this w/e. 99% of fans are decent. That 1% however...

32 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Anyone who is a welder will have busy few days welding down every manhole cover within a mile of any member of any head of state. 

Does anyone know the rationale behind this action? Has there ever been a case of sewer launched attack? Or is it one of those things someone thought of and no one had the guts to say it was a stupid idea....just in case.

Gotta keep those pesky turtles in check.