Rhino1

Myopic, egotistical and lacking perspective

Tried to keep off this thing because it winds me up too much, but you lot have done it again your pushed my buttons. To all those on these threads that are judging people for their sadness, how they grieving, feeling down because of the loss of the Queen please keep your opinions to yourselves, grief is a very personal thing as is the expression of it. If you don’t get the significance of the last few days, that’s your look out but don’t undermine those that do. The cancelling of games shows, for once the hierarchy of football do get it! The self absorbed of you, the drum banging football should go regardless brigade, just reflect for one moment, is it truely that important or is it just because you are so insular and self orientated that you are losing the significance of recent events, or maybe you are just lacking up top! Only you would know. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Tweet from @MickDennisReal:

At my lowest ebbs, with my mind so troubled that it stopped functioning, football helped. Playing, reffing a double-header, losing myself while caring too much about #ncfc … those were the moments I started to get well. I think football would have helped many this weekend.

• Like 5

Nice message from Delia on the club site about the  death of HM Queen. She also goes on to say it was right to cancel our match.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Tweet from @MickDennisReal:

At my lowest ebbs, with my mind so troubled that it stopped functioning, football helped. Playing, reffing a double-header, losing myself while caring too much about #ncfc … those were the moments I started to get well. I think football would have helped many this weekend.

13 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Tried to keep off this thing because it winds me up too much, but you lot have done it again your pushed my buttons. To all those on these threads that are judging people for their sadness, how they grieving, feeling down because of the loss of the Queen please keep your opinions to yourselves, grief is a very personal thing as is the expression of it. If you don’t get the significance of the last few days, that’s your look out but don’t undermine those that do. The cancelling of games shows, for once the hierarchy of football do get it! The self absorbed of you, the drum banging football should go regardless brigade, just reflect for one moment, is it truely that important or is it just because you are so insular and self orientated that you are losing the significance of recent events, or maybe you are just lacking up top! Only you would know. 

'myopic', 'egotistical', 'self absorbed', 'insular', 'self orientated' (sic), 'lacking up top', all for having a different opinion: we have pushed those buttons, haven't we?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nice message from Delia on the club site about the  death of HM Queen. She also goes on to say it was right to cancel our match.

But she would. 

Im sure her arrangements for getting to a match are much easier than a casual fan. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

'myopic', 'egotistical', 'self absorbed', 'insular', 'self orientated' (sic), 'lacking up top', all for having a different opinion: we have pushed those buttons, haven't we?

You've seen Rhino's posts before haven't you? 🤣

• Haha 1

Like the original post, cancelling this weekends games was a knee jerk reaction and a mistake that wasn’t given a lot of thought. Literally everything else is open today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Like the original post, cancelling this weekends games was a knee jerk reaction and a mistake that wasn’t given a lot of thought. Literally everything else is open today 

Huzzah, somebody actually gets it👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That's her opinion, and she's entitled to it. But, as an opinion, it carries no more weight than yours or mine.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

That's her opinion, and she's entitled to it. But, as an opinion, it carries no more weight than yours or mine.

Quite, and the opinion of the EFL, EPL and FA (I presume) is that football matches should not be played this weekend.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Huzzah, somebody actually gets it👍

It’s utterly ludicrous. They have cancelled my 9 year olds 1 hour match tomorrow!  What exactly does cancelling a child’s football match achieve? Everything should have gone ahead today with black armbands, a minutes silence and the national anthem, Everything  else other than football has come to that conclusion 

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

It’s utterly ludicrous. They have cancelled my 9 year olds 1 hour match tomorrow!  What exactly does cancelling a child’s football match achieve? Everything should have gone ahead today with black armbands, a minutes silence and the national anthem, Everything  else other than football has come to that conclusion 

I'll keep saying it, different rules for football. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

In that case, it was definitely wrong to postpone ( it's not cancelled btw) our match 

Delia Out! 😇😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Same here, my kid won't give the Queen a second thought tody now. Had he gone to his game there would have been a minutes silence (not sure about the anthem) where they'd have all reflected. Now I'll probably take em to Yarmouth and go on the 2p machines.

• Like 2

Just now, GenerationA47 said:

In a good way (eg special place) or bad way (eg rough end)?

Depends on your views, but football has always had different rules to the norm....... 

7 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Whereas my daughter dance classes went ahead last night. 

I fully expect to see more idiotic posts like Rhino's where they accuse people suggesting the games should go on as being disrespectful and not understanding they're actually being the opposite. 

I'll say it again for the Rhino's of the world, if the whole country shut down for the weekend in a period of respect and reflection then of course football should too, the fact football is THE ONLY SPORT/BUSINESS DOING SO, is an utter nonsense and is actually causing this massive divide and argument. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'll keep saying it, different rules for football. 

Contact the football bodies then and ask them why they thought matches should be postponed. Pointless venting off on here.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It's psychotic to get that riled up at a stranger dying, however famous they were.

Mourning and grief are different things. Mourning is a public expression of sorrow at someone's passing. Grief is the private feeling you have in your heart when someone you love passes away.

If there is someone who lives in the same street as me but I never speak to, and then one day there is a hearse outside his house, I might feel sad for the rest of the family who are suffering, I might feel a sensation of anxiety because 'there but for the grace of God', but I definitely would not grieve. To talk about grief for someone you don't know personally seems extravagant to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Now I'll probably take em to Yarmouth and go on the 2p machines.

No finer way to commemorate a deceased monarch than to push a couple of hundred images of her over a mechanical waterfall. Sir , I salute you.  😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Quite, and the opinion of the EFL, EPL and FA (I presume) is that football matches should not be played this weekend.

Same argument. Their opinion is important because they make the decisions, but that doesn't necessarily make their opinion correct.

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Same argument. Their opinion is important because they make the decisions, but that doesn't necessarily make their opinion correct.

opinions are like a***holes, everybody has got one and they all stink, except mine

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Contact the football bodies then and ask them why they thought matches should be postponed. Pointless venting off on here.

Oh OK then, shall we let archant know that following the queens passing there is no need for this forum to exist too? Shame SDP has left, damn! 

Can tell them 'Capt said so' if they query it. 

All this morose and downbeat reporting on TV and radio is likely to push some poor people over the edge in their own personal depression.

It's not necessary and I very much doubt the Queen herself would have wanted it.

• Like 3