Sign in to follow this  
SwearyCanary

Russ Martin to Brighton?

I don’t understand it! Smith so rated by some on here and at Villa yet never linked to these jobs yet managers with no records are looked at! 🤔🤔

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I don’t understand it! Smith so rated by some on here and at Villa yet never linked to these jobs yet managers with no records are looked at! 🤔🤔

Not as much as I dont understand how this manager plenty on here have called terrible amongst many other names is nominated for manager of the month after 5 straight league wins

• Like 2

More chance of you showing some respect for the death of the Queen than him getting the job

Not sure what this has to do with the Queen dying!

I chatted with a Brighton supporting friend last night who told me that Martin is being considered on the recommendation of Graham Potter. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, daly said:

More chance of you showing some respect for the death of the Queen than him getting the job

More chance of you growing a brain cell than either of these things 

2 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

More chance of you growing a brain cell than either of these things 

Classic reply 

Off to my Granddaughters wedding in Fl

Enjoy your weekend catch up later

Brighton should be looking at experienced managers who can take them forwards, I’m not sure Russ fits that criteria 

12 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wonder if Brighton are smart enough to try and get Cooper from forest? 

This wouldn't shock me, he's yet to sign a new contract at Forest too.

39 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wonder if Brighton are smart enough to try and get Cooper from forest? 

I hope so. After Potter, Cooper is the best young British coach around, in my opinion. And chances are, he'll end up sacked by Forest at the first sign of trouble anyway so that would be a good move all round. 

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daly said:

Classic reply 

Off to my Granddaughters wedding in Fl

Enjoy your weekend catch up later

I can’t believe they haven’t cancelled the wedding out of respect for the Queen. How will they sleep at night? I hope people can still enjoy their canapés through the tears and grief. 

What I actually hope is that everyone has a great day, eats well, drinks loads, gets merry, has a dance and makes sure the happy couple have the best day of their lives. I genuinely hope not one guest gives a single thought to the Queen, because more importantly than anything, that would be genuinely disrespectful to the bride and groom. Congrats to them and to you as a proud grandfather. Hope all have a great day. 

Edited by SwearyCanary

I suspect that as with Farke Russ's management philosophy would suit higher quality players than he has historically been able to work with.  He appears similar to Potter in terms of style and would suit the Brighton ethos.

But Cooper would be a better shout if they can get him and I very strongly suspect that - as has been suggested - he will be out on his ear at the first sign of trouble to be replaced by a big name. Something of which I am sure he is aware.

Forest's transfer 'strategy' of throwing enough millions at the wall and hoping some of it sticks doesn't strike me as one that suits his general approach and I could see him flourishing at a club with decent resources and an ambitious but realistic owner like Bloom.  I like the way Brighton do things and I wish both them and Potter well.

Apparently looking at Knutsen too.

Part of me would like him to get a job like this to see what we might have missed out on, but on the other hand I don't want him to get a job like this and see what we might have missed out on if successful 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Apparently looking at Knutsen too.

Part of me would like him to get a job like this to see what we might have missed out on, but on the other hand I don't want him to get a job like this and see what we might have missed out on if successful 

If he's successful at Brighton though, it will be with a Premier League standard squad.

This was a much different job. We finished bottom because we had the worst team in the league. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Comparing Martin's style to Farke's is exactly the reason why Brighton would be foolish to appoint Martin.

Brighton have a better defensively balanced squad than we have ever had under Farke whoever you may blame for that.  They are better set up for that style of football with better players.  I'm not saying that Martin would be a success but that he would at least stand a chance of playing a similar possession based style.  As indeed Potter has been.  Whilst transitioning that team I might add from a typical Hughton side.  Farke is doing relatively well in a league which is generally more evenly balanced than the premiership and whoever takes over at Brighton will do so from a stronger position than we have been in during our last two visits to the top tier.  As Clough used to say you can't do anything without good players.

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

Not as much as I dont understand how this manager plenty on here have called terrible amongst many other names is nominated for manager of the month after 5 straight league wins

Indeed I mean it’s a minor miracle after 30 games of utter **** poor results and looking disinterested on the sidelines, certainly deserves credit for winning five……which most of us have said so! But still even after this utterly outstanding month still not being considered for premiership jobs yet so many think he’s an absolute shore bet to keep us up like he did Villa! You’d think he’d be looked at!😉

Maybe it’ll be Leicester?

Edited by Indy

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

How do you know he isn't?

Is he?

56 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

No one knows which I think is the point being made

I see, 😉 thanks for the confirmation!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

How do you know he isn't?

Because I don’t see Smith in any link, when you get reports in the press saying…..”Kjetil Knutsen, Russell Martin, Nathan Jonesand Steve Cooper are on a shortlist of potential names to take on the role”

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Because I don’t see Smith in any link, when you get reports in the press saying…..”Kjetil Knutsen, Russell Martin, Nathan Jonesand Steve Cooper are on a shortlist of potential names to take on the role”

Former Sassuolo and Shakhtar Donetsk coach Roberto De Zerbi is in negotiations with Brighton and Hove Albion to replace new Chelsea manager Graham Potter.

The Premier League side therefore need a replacement and have asked De Zerbi for his availability.

De Zerbi shot to fame as coach of Sassuolo with a very attack-minded 4-3-3 style of football and then was hired by Shakhtar Donetsk for a Champions League experience.

That took an unexpected turn in February when Russia invaded Ukraine, bringing all sport to a halt.

Despite having the opportunity to leave earlier, De Zerbi insisted on remaining in Kyiv until all his players had been successfully evacuated.

He is now a free agent and had been linked with the Bologna job in Serie A this week, but reportedly turned it down out of respect for sacked coach Sinisa Mihajlovic.

Edited by Mengo

8 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Former Sassuolo and Shakhtar Donetsk coach Roberto De Zerbi is in negotiations with Brighton and Hove Albion to replace new Chelsea manager Graham Potter.

The Premier League side therefore need a replacement and have asked De Zerbi for his availability.

De Zerbi shot to fame as coach of Sassuolo with a very attack-minded 4-3-3 style of football and then was hired by Shakhtar Donetsk for a Champions League experience.

That took an unexpected turn in February when Russia invaded Ukraine, bringing all sport to a halt.

Despite having the opportunity to leave earlier, De Zerbi insisted on remaining in Kyiv until all his players had been successfully evacuated.

He is now a free agent and had been linked with the Bologna job in Serie A this week, but reportedly turned it down out of respect for sacked coach Sinisa Mihajlovic.

De Zerbi is a fantastic young coach, and would be an asset to any club. Very similar to Farke actually, in the sense that he plays exciting, attacking football and develops youth well, but the defence can sometimes leave a lot to be desired. 

55 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Just like many things, you seemed to be struggling with it.

No need for thanks, always here to help where needed.

Good to know we have such people available! What would the world be without those who don’t do irony! 🤗

• Like 1