Sign in to follow this  
daz

Week and half rest

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

This whole weekend should have been universal, either all off or none off. 

FA guidance is that training can continue.

I've no idea why anyone would think a few kids having a game of football on Saturday morning could possibly be inappropriate but...

20220909_185625.jpg

• Like 1

Individual sports have been given the choice to continue or otherwise. The EFL and EPL chose to cancel all events over the weekend and monday whereas some other sports will continue. The Oval test will start tomorrow but play was cancelled for today. Likewise British Cycling has cancelled the Tour of Britain scheduled for all of next week.

Perhaps the EPL and EFL read the room wrong or were too hasty but it is what it is.

A solemn Tony Cascarino is broadcasting on Talksport. Who better to cover this historic event.

Cascarino said: "I had a Chinese delivered just moments after the announcement. It felt wrong and very disrespectful to eat it, so as a mark of respect I threw it in the bin."

• Haha 2

does seem that only football has been hit.And it was a bit odd that folk were outside Buckingham Palace when the death was announced, and struck up with 'God save the Queen'.  A bit late that I thought. Though being omnipotent he would have known they would be singing that. Which begs the question of does he ever change his mind due to prayer, and if he does by what criteria ?  If he wasn't interested in saving the Queen, what hope have my payers every week about my lottery ticket got ?

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I learnt it watching Alan Partridge, and still haven't a clue what it means?  And nor do I care! 🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Football takes a large amount of policing and the police will be fully stretched until after the funeral, so EPL/EFL probably been advised to postpone.

Don't the other events, that are still taking place, not need policing then? 

100% regards to the policing though not for this weekend and tbh I'd hope more events/sports postpone things further down the road. I believe cancelling Fridays game was the right thing to do, but maybe not the weekends card, but the game was given an option to allow them to go on and they choose not to. Football is also the main sport of the country, a high profile sport. It's also big business now and in an era where you have to be seen to be squeaky clean it's not surprising things have been postponed. The irony is postponements to mark respect so as to be seen to be respectful in a modern sense actually go againsts some peoples resistance to be respectful in a old-fashioned sense. It's The Queen pretty much the last of the great people from a nearly gone era where people were expected to behave differently and you're surprised things are getting cancelled or that some people and companies still act inline with what went before? We modernise and move forward, but somethings we keep for a little longer than a lifetime or two. Rant over. The Queen is dead long live the King.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kirku said:

A solemn Tony Cascarino is broadcasting on Talksport. Who better to cover this historic event.

Cascarino said: "I had a Chinese delivered just moments after the announcement. It felt wrong and very disrespectful to eat it, so as a mark of respect I threw it in the bin."

It's what the queen would have wanted 

• Haha 1