Sign in to follow this  
daz

Week and half rest

After tonight's postponement and tomorrows games going ahead... Hopefully brizzle City get some injuries too, as they are playing well too 😁👍

57 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The other weekend games will be off and our games against Bristol City and West Brom probably will too.

Surely that's totally impractical? When will all those fixtures be played?  It's complete overkill as well. Everyone is at work today for goodness sake. I've already been out with the dogs enjoying myself on a beautiful walk. Should I stop that as well? 

The country has gone mad. On another thread someone even suggested that Russia and Ukraine would stop fighting for a day as a mark of respect🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don’t quite get the blanket cancellation thing - society is far different from last time a monarch died.  Imo it’s far more meaningful to show respect via different ways. The day of the funeral should be a quasi bank holiday, the rest is overkill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Surely that's totally impractical? When will all those fixtures be played?  It's complete overkill as well. Everyone is at work today for goodness sake. I've already been out with the dogs enjoying myself on a beautiful walk. Should I stop that as well?

You aren't ever happy with anything though really are you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hayden can get another solid week's training in. Byram and Sara can mix a bit of intense training with recovery. Some positives to take from an enforced lay-off.

• Like 5

I'd say this is not showing respect, infact it's the opposite as to show respect it has to be visible.

I expect all games will be cancelled this weekend, and I suspect next weekend for her funeral, but I'd like the midweek games at least to go ahead so we can all actually show respect together, rather than having to stay at home alone watching others claiming to be respectful on the news.

The fixtures will be chaotic anyway and any further interruption with that stupid WC timetable will make it even harder. Some clubs might miss the cash flow.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You aren't ever happy with anything though really are you.

Shouldn't there be a question mark at the end of that sentence? 

30 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Shouldn't there be a question mark at the end of that sentence? 

No, it was a statement of fact. 

If I put a question mark at the end it would have been a rhetorical question, and that's not my style.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, it was a statement of fact. 

If I put a question mark at the end it would have been a rhetorical question, and that's not my style.

A religious education teacher once asked me if I was being rhetorical, at 14 I was baffled. ...and told him so. His answer was to give me a four page Essay to do over the weekend titled.... 'Existentialism, the quest for faith?'. Needless to say that I didn't complete the assignment, he didn't expect me to really either.  Every time I hear/ read the word Rhetoric I think of that incident , 46 years ago.

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Every time I hear/ read the word Rhetoric I think of that incident , 46 years ago.

I learnt it watching Alan Partridge, and still haven't a clue what it means?  And nor do I care! 🙂

Edited by Google Bot

Utterly pathetic that these games are being called off. Would have been lots of respect in the grounds, now people have lost money on tickets & hotels plus I doubt the Queen would have approved one bit. 

Life goes on and the best way to mark her achievements is by continuing with life.

The Funeral day by all mean cancel all events but cancelling the rest is stupid.

Problem everyone is scared of causing offence and lots of people look for offence. 

Cricket is going ahead as normal tomorrow as is Rugby League. If I so desire I can go to restaurants, pubs, cinemas and other places of entertainment as normal. I just can't watch a football match. It would appear that sporting bodies were bullied into cancelling and the FA caved in but the others didn't. 

People who work on National Minimum Wage at football grounds who rely on that money are getting absolutely stuffed and so are smaller clubs who desperately need the cashflow. 

Meanwhile, Prince of Wales Road will tonight be awash with youngsters out on the lash and having the time of their lives. Good luck to them. 

Is there anyone out there who can explain these anomalies to me without resorting to telling me I'm disrespectful? If you want to say that, try it outside a pub at closing time tonight. 

By the way, the EPL alone produced £3.5bn for the Treasury last year alone. It is a business that has been bullied into stopping trading because a 96 year old woman died. 

32 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Meanwhile, Prince of Wales Road will tonight be awash with youngsters out on the lash and having the time of their lives. Good luck to them. 

Surely you mean King Charles III Road now?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

looks like its only this weekends EFL games that will be postponed

EPL is off too

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

William will most likely inherit the Prince of Wales title as he will become heir to the throne.

Edited by Capt. Pants

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Cricket is going ahead as normal tomorrow as is Rugby League. If I so desire I can go to restaurants, pubs, cinemas and other places of entertainment as normal. I just can't watch a football match. It would appear that sporting bodies were bullied into cancelling and the FA caved in but the others didn't. 

People who work on National Minimum Wage at football grounds who rely on that money are getting absolutely stuffed and so are smaller clubs who desperately need the cashflow. 

Is there anyone out there who can explain these anomalies to me without resorting to telling me I'm disrespectful? If you want to say that, try it outside a pub at closing time tonight. 

By the way, the EPL alone produced £3.5bn for the Treasury last year alone. It is a business that has been bullied into stopping trading because a 96 year old woman died. 

Nobody really has to explain it to you, though. It's happening whether you like it or not. It's 10 days of mourning because that's what happens when the monarch of the UK dies. Get over it. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Still POW Rd, just refers to William now 🙃

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Nobody really has to explain it to you, though. It's happening whether you like it or not. It's 10 days of mourning because that's what happens when the monarch of the UK dies. Get over it. 

Read the question. Why just football?  I appreciate this is quite a difficult question for you but please do your best to explain.... 

• Like 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Read the question. Why just football?  I appreciate this is quite a difficult question for you but please do your best to explain.... 

Maybe you should direct your question to the EFL then, because I don't think anyone here is in authority there. 

I'm quite pleased football, especially the EPL, has been put in it's box quite honestly. You just know some fans would have disrespected a minutes silence; Millwall and Liverpool spring to mind. Seems only yesterday so called supporters of the England team stormed the National Stadium to gain entry to the mens Euros final. Too much of a risk tbh and don't get me started on the corruption of foreign owners in the EPL. You reap what you sow.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Cricket is going ahead as normal tomorrow as is Rugby League.

Just watch that then, problem solved.

There's still people that have to walk dozens of miles with ceramic jugs full of water on their heads, and people who survive scavenging in landfill sites, and we all have to read you droning on endlessly about how your leisure plans have been scuppered for one weekend. F*ck me.

People like you remind me of why its good to endure a bit of stress and pain now and again, means I don't search for minor things to moan about. I bet you take photos of cars which park 1cm outside of parking bays and send them to the council. 

You seriously saying you can't otherwise occupy your time for 105 minutes on a Saturday? Go and look at one of the many really amazing things we have in Norwich, like the Castle Museum, the little shops in Elm Hill, Strangers Hall, walk around the Cathedral and take a few photos, get a book of blue plaques and see how many you can tick off in one day, see what's on at the Maddermarket, go and get a happy ending massage down near Anglia Square. Nobody in Norfolk should ever be bored, there's so much to see and do. 

25 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Go and look at one of the many really amazing things we have in Norwich, like the Castle Museum, the little shops in Elm Hill, Strangers Hall, walk around the Cathedral and take a few photos, get a book of blue plaques and see how many you can tick off in one day, see what's on at the Maddermarket, go and get a happy ending massage down near Anglia Square. Nobody in Norfolk should ever be bored, there's so much to see and do. 

Well now we know how TVB spends his weekends. 😉

My five year old son's football training has been cancelled due to "the sad news from yesterday"

It's what she would've wanted..

8 minutes ago, kirku said:

My five year old son's football training has been cancelled due to "the sad news from yesterday"

It's what she would've wanted..

Whereas my daughters dance classes are on tonight, and that's the whole point it's not people stamping their feet at not having any football this weekend like those (deliberately) not getting the point keep saying, it's confusion at why football is the ONLY thing shutting down completely. It makes what they're doing pointless. 

This whole weekend should have been universal, either all off or none off.