Sign in to follow this  
Hobozilla

Burnley game

I think it still will, same as you or I will still go to work tomorrow. The official day of mourning will be the funeral I should imagine. 

Imo, games will go ahead with a 2 minutes silence, black armbands and possibly a rendition of 'God Save the King'. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Already been canceled. Just read all sporting, political and comedy events have been canceled.

No they haven't, they may well do and I'll be wrong with my above post, but literally no announcements at all yet

Tonight's games in Europe have continued but you wonder if that's because they were already past the point of reasonable postponing. 

I guess the question is should the game go ahead? Personally I dont see an issue with it but I'm sure it would seem insensitive to many (I'm not particularly well attached to my nationality)

All plans have changed big-time over the years, to be ‘modernised’.  In fact I’m off to a gig this evening - hasn’t yet been postponed 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Surely everything will be cancelled. I fought for my Queen and country. I am devastated. For once sport has to do the right thing

• Like 3

Just now, canarycop said:

Surely everything will be cancelled. I fought for my Queen and country. I am devastated. For once sport has to do the right thing

And I would like Norwich City Football Club to do the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarycop said:

I am devastated. For once sport has to do the right thing

Is it not more of a tribute to her that things continue and therefore people can show respect at each event? 

She seemed to pride herself on never stopping... And clearly when close to her death bed, and most likely feeling beyond crap - she was swearing in the new leader.

I just feel that many events up and down the country celebrating her is just a far more positive testament, personally.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Tonight's games in Europe have continued but you wonder if that's because they were already past the point of reasonable postponing. 

I guess the question is should the game go ahead? Personally I dont see an issue with it but I'm sure it would seem insensitive to many (I'm not particularly well attached to my nationality)

I'm sure the majority of the UK's population would have no problem with football going ahead this weekend, but there are some royalists who would object. 

Sport will definitely be off this weekend though; I think the real question is whether it will stretch out to our game against Bristol City next midweek. 

There will be a long period of mourning whether you like it or not. 

• Like 1

Football is a laughing stock and people wonder why. On or off, people are travelling long distances and just want to know. Everything except football seems to have announced on or off, why is it so difficult.

Just now, Google Bot said:

Is it not more of a tribute to her that things continue and therefore people can show respect at each event? 

She seemed to pride herself on never stopping... And clearly when close to her death bed, and most likely feeling beyond crap - she was swearing in the new leader.

I just feel that many events up and down the country celebrating her is just a far more positive testament, personally.

I do agree with this tbh

The cricket has been postponed, although the weather would have done that anyway, but still no OFFICIAL announcement about the football. 

I agree that it's surely more respectful to go ahead with these games and all due respect can be given during the events? 

Edited by Ken Hairy

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Football is a laughing stock and people wonder why. On or off, people are travelling long distances and just want to know. Everything except football seems to have announced on or off, why is it so difficult.

Christ, the death was only announced about an hour and twenty minutes ago. I'm sure we'll all be told that sport is cancelled for the weekend before the evening is out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Agreed, the Queen was well known for her ploughing on attitude, even 2 days before her death doing her duties with the incoming and outgoing Prime Ministers and you could tell in those photos she was in a bad way, very frail looking. 

I think she'd be pissed off if people postponed events rather than using them to celebrate her life. 

I’m upset and was a big fan of the queen but I don’t think it’s disrespectful for big sporting events to continue with appropriate marks of respect. Obviously the funeral will be a national day of mourning but we can’t just close everything down for 10 days in the meantime. I suspect our game tomorrow may go though just as they will feel they need to make a swift decision on it. 

• Like 1

What do you think Charlie on the day you have lost ya mother. Shall we go ahead and play some footy just to keep someone happy. The Queens loss will be felt throughout the World. For the sake of sanity let's just call it all off now. As a Norwich fan I would like the club to say we won't play but it shouldn't be for them to decide. Someone needs to grow a pair and show some damn respect

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I’m upset and was a big fan of the queen but I don’t think it’s disrespectful for big sporting events to continue with appropriate marks of respect. Obviously the funeral will be a national day of mourning but we can’t just close everything down for 10 days in the meantime. I suspect our game tomorrow may go though just as they will feel they need to make a swift decision on it. 

Absolutely - society is different to ‘back in the day’, some things will close/be altered, others won’t.

1 minute ago, canarycop said:

What do you think Charlie on the day you have lost ya mother. Shall we go ahead and play some footy just to keep someone happy. The Queens loss will be felt throughout the World. For the sake of sanity let's just call it all off now. As a Norwich fan I would like the club to say we won't play but it shouldn't be for them to decide. Someone needs to grow a pair and show some damn respect

FFS, no ones asking him to sodding play 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Christ, the death was only announced about an hour and twenty minutes ago. I'm sure we'll all be told that sport is cancelled for the weekend before the evening is out. 

I will stand corrected, but looking at Skybet the only sporting event I can still see not postponed in the U.K. is Burnley v Norwich City.

If it’s on tell us.